Finally an interesting Smart

Av8r3400

That little car is going to be so cool !!! 😎 👍👍  I wonder if the car is finished.

Thanks Larry for posting.
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Still a work in progress.  The channel posts about 3 vids a week so the posts are always what they are currently working on.  If you back back to around Christmas you can see what they were doing to the Smart back then.  The twin turbo LS AWD S-10 they are building is really wild.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Stumbled on it earlier this week. I'd be willing to give up some Hp for a more "stealth" package, but then again stealth doesn't get eyeballs. There was a conversion company doing all wheel drive and Eco-Tec conversions at SEMA, but I haven't heard much from them since.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

This guy used a Toyota Tercel power-train: DragZine.

Then there's this guy, the SEMA car was LS swapped, of course, but I seem to remember him talking about small Chevy power-trains, along with the AWD capabilities.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

If I recall David Dixon (NukeE)  drove a Hyabusa swap smart several years ago and posted a video but I couldn’t find it on search.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

As a motorcyclist, it's my personal view that Hayabusa motors should be in motorcycles.  And not those pimped up, stretched out things that don't handle.

But I may be prejudiced....

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

As a motorcyclist, it's my personal view that Hayabusa motors should be in motorcycles.  And not those pimped up, stretched out things that don't handle.

But I may be prejudiced....

This is actually a K-series Honda engine going into it.  When it's done, it will probably be in the 600-700 hp range.

Av8r3400
Thunderstruck - 2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift
Slick - 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

21 hours ago, RickW said:

Still a work in progress.  The channel posts about 3 vids a week so the posts are always what they are currently working on.  If you back back to around Christmas you can see what they were doing to the Smart back then.  The twin turbo LS AWD S-10 they are building is really wild.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the videos. That brings me to a thought or too. I have a friend who built a twin turbo LS and put it into a 70 1/2 Camaro. That was about 2 1/2 years ago. The car is a real sleeper. It's a driver. You would not have an idea what is under the hood. It puts out around 775 hp to the rear wheels. My friend did all the fab work himself.

Al

45 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the videos. That brings me to a thought or too. I have a friend who built a twin turbo LS and put it into a 70 1/2 Camaro. That was about 2 1/2 years ago. The car is a real sleeper. It's a driver. You would not have an idea what is under the hood. It puts out around 775 hp to the rear wheels. My friend did all the fab work himself.

Al

If you can embrace the technology of the new engines, hot rodding has gone to the next level.

Av8r3400
Thunderstruck - 2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift
Slick - 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

12 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Everyone,

Al

Al, I am working with my son on this 1965 Chevy Van project that has been chopped 5". We has an LS motor running in it now and he wants to Turbocharge it after we get all the bugs worked out of it. We are still working on the cooling system but it's driveable under its own power and stops (we put 4 wheel disc brakes on it) and this picture was from when he had the exhaust installed.

tCXSobbl.jpg

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

13 hours ago, Star Dreamer said:

Al, I am working with my son on this 1965 Chevy Van project that has been chopped 5". We has an LS motor running in it now and he wants to Turbocharge it after we get all the bugs worked out of it. We are still working on the cooling system but it's driveable under its own power and stops (we put 4 wheel disc brakes on it) and this picture was from when he had the exhaust installed.

tCXSobbl.jpg

Hi Dave,

That's cool looking ! Thanks for sharing. Adding a turbo or two can me tricky. I remember what my friend Scott went thru. But it was worth all of his hard work. Please keep us updated on this truck. It's got the cool factor about it ! 😎 👍 👍

• 3 weeks later...