Sprint speed and coverage?

Trying to decide whether or not to try Sprint for full time purposes.  Has anyone tried lately?  They claim you can hotspot all of your 100 gb data to your other devices, where ATT elite plan can only allow 30 gb.  I know coverage may not be as good; kinda more concerned about speed.

We are not full timers but we do travel and have Sprint.  Some places Sprint service is pretty good.  However there are some places where it is slow.  At our home in Colorado it is often just fair but now with so many people home many videos time out and won't  even play.  The last update for my phone took 55 minutes!  I even wrote to the Sprint CEO about this location.  In Fort Mohave AZ this winter the service was good.  I can't tell you how fast but it seemed pretty good.  I am waiting to see what happens with the Sprint T Mobile deal.  If something doesn't change soon I will change.  The cheap price and unlimited data is the only reason I have stayed this long.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

I have since read some current articles that said Sprint was still not that good, so I guess we’ll just continue with AT&T unlimited cellular  We tried the AT&T 100 gb hotspot and the new AT&T TV.  Couldn’t get either one to work very well at all.  Took the whole mess back.  

In some locations Sprint is fine.. even better than the other carriers if they're saturated.  All depends on where you are traveling and how important internet access is to you. 

For us, they're a back-up option (we're using the Calyx unlimited plan - http://www.rvmobileinternet.com/nonprofit). Our primary are AT&T and Verizon. 

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

I received an email today that states Sprint is now part of T Mobile and they have started to combine the services.  They also claim they will deploy 5g service.  Further more they guaranteed the price will not raise for 3 years.  Sounds good but we will see.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

On 4/17/2020 at 4:27 PM, Randyretired said:

I received an email today that states Sprint is now part of T Mobile and they have started to combine the services.  They also claim they will deploy 5g service.  Further more they guaranteed the price will not raise for 3 years.  Sounds good but we will see.

This was, as I understand, a large part of why T-Mobile wanted the merger. The combined assets will give T-Mobile a huge chunk of the 5G spectrum.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Howdy!

Anyone know if Sprint has a good data signal at the Escapees In Livingston. I had Sprint years ago when we first started fulltiming and it was horrible. I have AT&T and Verizon now but would consider adding another unlimited data to our services if it worked here at our homebase. There map shows 4G LTE but so does AT&T and that not true. 

“Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

With the T-Mobile/Sprint merger having finally been approved by the government, you might as well consider your option to be the pair of companies. I assume that it won't be long before subscribers will be using both sets of towers.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels