Arizona legal fuel location

Wrknrvr

We are going to be in Prescott Arizona today and was curious about buying fuel. Now in Arizona from what I know you need to where truck fuel is available as to pay the proper taxes on the fuel. Not just diesel fuel. And no I am not looking for red dyed fuel.

I have searched the internet and cannot find where to buy the correct fuel.

So I called the county today, Sunday morning and it was like trying to find a greased pig in Prescott. Even the police department said no one will wright a ticket for the wrong fuel. Policeman that I talked to never knew about fuel sticker at the pumps about legal use.

So I do need help on this. Not important for fuel today, but just Incase the price jumps up I may just fill up. I also use the fuel for heating the fifthwheel.

Thanks in advance,   Vern.

Vern, you're running 2 axles, so you can buy fuel anywhere. 3 axle vehicles have to look for pumps with the extra tax added. Off the top of my head, I don't remember the specific wording of the signs indicating that the station has fuel with the extra tax, but you'll know them when you see them. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

32 minutes ago, Jaydrvr said:

I can assure you there is significant risk of a ticket accompanied by a hefty fine which, as explained to me in Phoenix, is calculated at $100.00 per gallon. I watched the ongoing process. Jay

Only if one doesn't follow the rules, plainly posted on the fuel pump. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication

Please e-mail us here.

Darryl,   Last I looked 8 minutes ago there was three axles on our truck.

Now with reading the tax thing I do not want to put any veggie oil in my fuel tanks. I may just wait to Flagstaff  when we leave in the spring.

I was hoping there may be a way  to find fuel that is taxed properly, without driving around.

Safe Travels,    Vern

Sorry, Vern. Brain moment. On DesertMiner's link, there's a tab to current suppliers. It should give a downloadable document listing all legal suppliers. 

Please e-mail us here.

In reading the ADOT link it states that using "illegal/untaxed" fuel damages engines.    High sulfur content, hello it's 2020 even MDO is low sulfur, a little hyperbolic?

Steve 

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

The signs at the Maverick fuel stop in Holbrook, AZ showed "Light Class" and "Heavy Class". They had separate truck pumps for the heavy class too. Just don't exit straight out from the truck pumps as the angle looks bad and we were afraid of trailer damage! We backed up and headed back out the way we came in but it was not busy either.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Thanks for all the help on this subject. I did learn about the Arizona tax site which is interesting.

I suppose I should not add any veggie oil to the diesel as they apparently do not like that. I mean Az tax people do not like it.

But what I was looking for was a way to see where they sell truck taxed fuel. When you drive off the interstate system the taxed fuel locations are hard to find. Now there is one taxed truck fuel island west of Wickenburg on Hwy 60.

We will get some next time we take the truck for a ride.

thanks,   Vern

When in doubt, look at the surroundings. A truck stop will have mostly higher tax pumps, a suburban convenience store will have mostly (if not only) lower tax fuel. The lower tax pumps will also have the sticker from the tax department, stating what vehicles are allowed to use that pump. 

Please e-mail us here.