Escappees Mail Service

ms60ocb

Is anyone have mail service problems or is it just me.

I have been using Escapees Mail Service about 6 years with excellent service. But the last 5 weeks have not been good. Examples If I say hold my mail til  xxxxx, The mail in held one week and continued. If I say continue every other week starting  xxxxx, the mail continues every week. All the confirming responses have been  repeated normal until earlier this week. If I tell them to forward my mail Oct 29 and Nov 18 . Shirley responses "Do you want the mail to go to Valley Center CA on 11/4?" I haven't been in CA for nearly 40 years and don't expect to return.

Clay

Edited by ms60ocb
Tried to change font

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Clay,  I too am perplexed you are having problems with the mail service.  For years I have changed my mailing instructions several times each year without a hitch including this year.  But, I have not done so in the last 5 weeks.

I use a live phone call to change mine and get the person on the other end stating my request correctly each time.  Hope this resolves quickly for you.

Perhaps you need to give the Mail Service a call to clarify things with them and ask how they want you to give directions.  Are their new people?   We didn't have problems but we always gave specific dates rather than "continue every other week".

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Howdy!

I don’t know if it means anything regarding the problems you’re having, but the mail center in Livingston is going through some reconstruction at this time. As stated I would give then a call to find out.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

15 hours ago, chiefneon said:

Howdy!

I don’t know if it means anything regarding the problems you’re having, but the mail center in Livingston is going through some reconstruction at this time. As stated I would give then a call to find out.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

Thanks for the reconstruction note. That can be an extra load, anyway a call is on list. But being sent to CA is a second issue. I glad that was caught.

Clay

The other problem they where having in Livingston was the center out of Houston was water damaged. Which backed things up for a few days.

In the 5 years I've been with Escapee Mail Service, the only problem I've had was caused by myself. It only happen once this spring. I waiting to long to update mailing instructions to a new address. My BAD.

I did talk to Shirley M, No real explanation for the errors but may request were in the Computer so we could talk about my past request. They were still operating from a June request not Sept and Oct request. Anyway I did cancel all forwarding.

Next request will be to have a Absentee Ballot delivered, ordered today. My daughter got interested so I read the 10 Propositions again. One I do have interest so come on Fed-ex

Thanks everyone for your responses

Clay

I have used the Escapees mail service since 2015. Never had a problem. I just call them on the phone a couple of times a month and ask that my mail be sent to wherever I am. They repeat my request and advise me that my mail will go out the following day. I always get an email the next day that my mail was sent out and the address it was sent to with a tracking number. The only problem was this week when I called I was #38 on the que. I used the call back option for the first time. They called me back in about a half hour and took my request. My only complaint is that I use the So Dakota domicle and my mail regarding my drivers liscense, vehicle registrations and insurance mail must go to SD. They charge me additional postage to forward this mail to Livingston. If you are going to offer a different address to use as a domicle I should not have to pay extra to have this mail sent to Livingston, in my opinion, but it is only a few bucks, so I can live with it. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Rainbow drive has been my domicile for the past eight years.  The only time I had a problem with the mail service was when I gave them the wrong zip code to send my mail to.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2011 Ford F350 CC SRW

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."       Will Rogers