Danandfreda

• 4 weeks later...

voltage.

Proper outlet wiring with the following is tested:

Ground and neutral present and contiguous

120-volt power between E1 and Neutral

120-volt power between E2 and neutral

240-volt power across E1 to E2

If there are errors in the outlet wiring like reversed power and neutral, missing grounds or improper voltage from E1 to E2 certain lights will not illuminate.

All materials other than the Camco Plug are provided – you will need to bring a plug to complete the project.

BRING THIS PLUG - IT IS NOT PROVIDED

15 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

What’s the lights order/info?

all lights are on but the top two middle ones. What does that mean?

David Dixon was going to post the schematic on the ECR website.  Let me check on that.  If not I’ll see if I can find my copy and post here.  

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Neon lamps like we used in the project are not prone to burning out.  One of two things if the top two lights are not lit- the wires inside the tester may have not been soldered well and have broken loose OR the two legs bringing power to the RV are both of the same phase differential meaning the 120 - 120 legs are on the same wire.  The danger here is if you are pulling  a lot of power like two AC's, converter water heater, etc. at the same time you will burn the neutral wire or contact.  You are also most likely to to have a single 50 amp line rather tan two 50 amp lines. If both lights come on E1 and E2 have a phase differential that is 180 degrees.  You will have 220 across E1 and E2.  All is good.

50%20amp%20schematic.png

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

7 hours ago, RandyA said:

Neon lamps like we used in the project are not prone to burning out.  One of two things if the top two lights are not lit- the wires inside the tester may have not been soldered well and have broken loose OR the two legs bringing power to the RV are both of the same phase differential meaning the 120 - 120 legs are on the same wire.  The danger here is if you are pulling  a lot of power like two AC's, converter water heater, etc. at the same time you will burn the neutral wire or contact.  You are also most likely to to have a single 50 amp line rather tan two 50 amp lines. If both lights come on E1 and E2 have a phase differential that is 180 degrees.  You will have 220 across E1 and E2.  All is good.

50%20amp%20schematic.png

Thank you. Generator is 110 and I was just testing my wiring out and thought I would try the tester out too. So yes, two 110 legs single 50’amp line vs. 2 on 220. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

9 hours ago, RandyA said:

50%20amp%20schematic.png

Thanks for posting Randy.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

4 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Maybe some retired farmer with Shrek hands did your soldering........:o

👍 take that any day. Farmers keep me in food and they just figure it out deep working. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Ummm, I've retired.  Only planted two tomato plants, no corn or soybeans.  Now we can go play with the other olde phartes.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net