Water hose

rynosback

I started out with the white water hose that everyone starts off with.  I now have the blue Camco 35’ water hose and have had it for almost two years.  It is getting stiffer and harder to coil up for travel.  Not to mention if it is cold out, it is like wrestling and alligator to coil for transit. I am now thinking of getting a SS type of hose.  They seem to be more durable and pliable.  But I want one that is food grade safe, lead and BPA free, and at least a 1/2 inside diameter.  Larger would be better as my volume coming in would be better.  Is anyone using something like this?  

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I've been using hose from the RV Water Filter Store for >5 years and it has proven to be quite durable.  I elected to go with stainless fittings, rather than brass.  The hose is a bit heavy and can be stiff in cold weather but I installed a power reel to retract it which minimizes the hassle.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Howdy!

I’ve been using the Zero G Waterhose form a few years now and ready like it. I carry two 25’ Lengths of hose and they are much easier the deal with and store than other hoses. I see them sold at several locations now Walmart, Lowe’s, Home Depot etc...

https://www.apexhose.com/lightweight-hose-zero-g/

“Happy Trails”

Chiefneon 

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

2 minutes ago, chiefneon said:

Howdy!

I’ve been using the Zero G Waterhose form a few years now and ready like it. I carry two 25’ Lengths of hose and they are much easier the deal with and store than other hoses. I see them sold at several locations now Walmart, Lowe’s, Home Depot etc...

https://www.apexhose.com/lightweight-hose-zero-g/

“Happy Trails”

Chiefneon 

Thanks, I was replying at the same time that you posted it.  LOL

you have the 5/8ths version vs the RV, Marine 1/2 one?  In reading they are made of the same materials.

I've been replacing my hard to coil water hoses with 5/8" "Flexilla" hoses as needed. I found they're as easy to coil at 10 deg.F as they are at 80 deg.F.

https://www.amazon.com/Flexzilla-Garden-Heavy-Lightweight-Drinking/dp/B01N9OCWJO/

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

4 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

I've been replacing my hard to coil water hoses with 5/8" "Flexilla" hoses as needed. I found they're as easy to coil at 10 deg.F as they are at 80 deg.F.

https://www.amazon.com/Flexzilla-Garden-Heavy-Lightweight-Drinking/dp/B01N9OCWJO/

I have a 3’ one of those that I use from the rig to the water softener.

1 minute ago, rynosback said:

I have a 3’ one of those that I use from the rig to the water softener.

Yep! A 3' hose was the first one I bought as well... :)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

My current rig came with 50' white RV hose on an electric reel.  Not sure what brand it is but it never seems to get stiff.  But of course we have probably only seen 45 degrees for the low in this coach also.

Old habits are hard to break and I am still hauling around an extra 25' of white, 100' soft green garden hose, and 50' of blue winter heated hose just in case.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

On 4/21/2019 at 4:53 PM, rynosback said:

Thanks, I was replying at the same time that you posted it.  LOL

you have the 5/8ths version vs the RV, Marine 1/2 one?  In reading they are made of the same materials.

Howdy!

I use the 5/8th hose. The first one I purchased after a few months it developed a leak at one of the Connection. Returned it to Camping World for a free replacement. The two 25’ Zero G hoses I now have I use them on a regular basis as we fulltime and have not had a problem since.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

45 minutes ago, FL-JOE said:

My current rig came with 50' white RV hose on an electric reel.  Not sure what brand it is but it never seems to get stiff.  But of course we have probably only seen 45 degrees for the low in this coach also.

Old habits are hard to break and I am still hauling around an extra 25' of white, 100' soft green garden hose, and 50' of blue winter heated hose just in case.

Better a bit too much than not enough . ;)

I'm in about the same boat . I carry a 100' heavy duty garden type and and extra 25' white and some spare hose for what ever use comes to being . 

Goes around , comes around .

I tried three different latex/nylon braid hoses at home.  All three exploded within a week of use.  Now, we have somewhat high pressure here, and they were left connected for hours/days.  I wouldn't trust these as a 24/7 connection.  We just fill our RV tank and never leave it connected, and love this type of hose for that use.

We also used 200 psi hoses from RV Walter Filter Store and KwilLink, both with stainless ends.  The 25' is 13 years old and the 45' is 12 years old.  They cost more than standard RV hoses but I have saved  more than their extra cost with the years I have had then.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

6 minutes ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

We also used 200 psi hoses from RV Walter Filter Store and KwilLink, both with stainless ends.  The 25' is 13 years old and the 45' is 12 years old.  They cost more than standard RV hoses but I have saved  more than their extra cost with the years I have had then.

While I agree with this the original question was a bout flexibility not longeveity.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 4/22/2019 at 4:16 PM, chiefneon said:

Howdy!

I use the 5/8th hose. The first one I purchased after a few months it developed a leak at one of the Connection. Returned it to Camping World for a free replacement. The two 25’ Zero G hoses I now have I use them on a regular basis as we fulltime and have not had a problem since.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

Campingworld at least right now only carries the 1/2” RV and Marine hose.  The 5/8ths is a different hose made by them.   https://www.campingworld.com/apex-zero-g-rvmarine-hybrid-hose-630035.html#q=Zero%2Bg&lang=default&start=1

Archived