Hot Dodge

lockmup68

Bro/sis-in-law were headed to Jackson Hole from UT with their Duramax and trailer. Just 20 min from home, the alternator died on the truck. Got that to a repair shop (on a Friday of course). Hitched a ride back to their house and grabbed the father-in-law's '07 megacab cummins (6.7 with Ainsen trans). Going up Teton Pass highway between Idaho Falls and Jackson hole, AC quit working (which had just been fixed two days before) and then 10 min later, things got really hot. 

Z7TUvall.jpg

Everyone got out safe (bro/sis-in-law, two kids and dog, and they were able to get the propane tanks out of the back of the truck and off the trailer before things got way out of hand. They did have two small fire extinguishers that did nothing to tamp down anything on the truck. An off-duty firefighter drove by a few min later and he was able to keep the brush and stuff nearby from burning and causing a forest fire with his backpack extinguisher until the firetruck showed up (after the truck was burnt to the ground.) The tongue pull toyhauyler was not burnt. However, their luck continued as the tow truck driver ran it into the guardrail on way down the canyon and screwed up the entire passenger side of the trailer. :(

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ldG4gR2VQaqT17jKVQr1OQR6hrB7yWr3

Then ended up renting a car in Jackson Hole, driving all the way back to Heber, sleeping in their own bed, their dmax was fixed by next morning, and they went back to pick up their toyhauler and drove it back home. The weekend was a bust, but everyone was safe. In-laws are getting a newer truck soon. 

I checked my fire extinguishers this week and picked up another one for the truck and trailer. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Very glad to hear everyone is ok.  If you haven't seen the video of the propane tanker in Italy exploding, it's a must see.  Unfortunately, those folks didn't fair so well.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Archived