Luxe 5th Wheels

dosbeagles

Can anyone shed any light on the Luxe 5th wheels.  Most of the stuff I have seen on line was posted in 2014-2015 and nothing recent.  I was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience good or bad with the company and the coaches.  

Thanks in advance for your comments

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

They were a high quality rv. People that owned them loved them. I don’t believe they are made any longer. I would not hesitate to purchase one after an inspection. There are similarities to all rv’s and it would be impossible to find a problem that could not be remidied. 

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

I looked a Luxe and for the most part liked what they were doing.  This was before the RV Factory bought them out.  The one thing I did not like was the limited carrying capacity numbers that most of their 5ers ended up with once they were built out.  I ended up buying a DRV instead and have not paid much attention to Luxe since my purchase.  I don’t know what if any changes came about once the RV Factory took them over.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

20 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I looked a Luxe and for the most part liked what they were doing.  This was before the RV Factory bought them out.  The one thing I did not like was the limited carrying capacity numbers that most of their 5ers ended up with once they were built out.  I ended up buying a DRV instead and have not paid much attention to Luxe since my purchase.  I don’t know what if any changes came about once the RV Factory took them over.

Did you buy your 5th. Wheel before or after Thor took over.  If after I would like to hear your thoughts and feelings about it.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

6 hours ago, dosbeagles said:

Did you buy your 5th. Wheel before or after Thor took over.  If after I would like to hear your thoughts and feelings about it.

We bought our DRV last year.  It is a 2017 model year and was built after Thor took over.  I have had no issues with Thor being the parent company.  From my dealings so far, the only real influence I have seen Thor exert over DRV is in some of the parts they use.  Thor obviously buys things in mass quantities (like appliances and the like) and distributes them to their various manufacturers.  

I bought from Rolling Retreats in Oklahoma.  The dealer makes a huge difference when buying a DRV.  There are a lot of dealers that are only interested in the sale and leave you hanging once the trailer leaves the lot.  This is not the case with Rolling Retreats.  I would happily buy from them again.  I have also heard many good things about RV’s For Less.  I have had good experience with Sunshine RV in Havasu as well.

I talked with Rolling Retreats quite a bit about the Thor takeover of DRV before I bought.  They have had no issues dealing with DRV since the takeover and said their PDI time on new trailers had in fact gone down since the takeover.

Like any new RV, my DRV has not been trouble free.  The few issues I have had have been pretty minor though and have been taken care of with no hassle from DRV.  I have simply sent an email to DRV parts, copied to a DRV manager and my selling dealer describing the issue in detail and my preferred resolution (typically send me a replacement part directly so I can fix the issue myself).  I have always received a prompt response and a positive outcome.  I have no complaints at all.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

DRV has been good to us as well.  Our dealer that we bought from...... that's a different story.  PM me for details.  We're fulltime for 5 years now,1 year in the DRV.  No big complaints about the DRV side.  There have been a few "What the hell was the tech thinking?" items.  There have also been a few supplier items that have died, but DRV has stepped up and replaced or sent parts to us.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

rIR6grvl.jpgI have a 2017 Augusta Luxe LF39FB.  So far my wife and I love it.  We use it for vacation purposes and do not live in it full time, so we have not had any issue with it meeting our needs.  We have about 10,000 miles on it so far and have not had any issues other than the MCD power shades losing their memory.  I did replace the 2 12volt batteries with 2 6volt golf cart batteries, but that's about it.  We just came back from Savannah, Georgia in the 100 degree heat and the Luxe was completely cool inside.  It's a black and grey coach.   No issues.

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2018 at 3:19 PM, Dbl0svn said:

rIR6grvl.jpgI have a 2017 Augusta Luxe LF39FB.  So far my wife and I love it.  We use it for vacation purposes and do not live in it full time, so we have not had any issue with it meeting our needs.  We have about 10,000 miles on it so far and have not had any issues other than the MCD power shades losing their memory.  I did replace the 2 12volt batteries with 2 6volt golf cart batteries, but that's about it.  We just came back from Savannah, Georgia in the 100 degree heat and the Luxe was completely cool inside.  It's a black and grey coach.   No issues.

Do you know about what your rig weighs?

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

I saw them last year at Hershey.  Best cabinetry of ANY RV including New Horizons and SpaceCraft.  Very smart floorplans.  It would have been my choice if they did customs.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

On 9/4/2018 at 9:44 PM, Big5er said:

Check out this thread that was just posted about the RVFactory

I've heard that the weekend warrior toy haulers were junk.  I never owned a toy hauler.  The Luxe trailers are nice.  Of course, I cant speak to the RV Factory, since ours was built when Augusta owned them.   

Still not having any issues with mine.

4 hours ago, Dbl0svn said:

I've heard that the weekend warrior toy haulers were junk.  I never owned a toy hauler.  The Luxe trailers are nice.  Of course, I cant speak to the RV Factory, since ours was built when Augusta owned them.   

Still not having any issues with mine.

Weekend Warrior's were not really junk, but not made for full time use. I had one and if I only used it on weekends I would probably still have it. Putting my motorcycle in the garage daily ruined the ramp door, leaving the slide outs out for months at a time and filling the cabinets full was too much for the way they were built. I am sure my Spacecraft will be around for years after I can no longer use it, but there are issues with a Custom built unit also. Good luck with your search for the perfect RV. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 1 month later...

Okay, this is my first post on here as well as my first comment on this thread, so bear with me. We bought a 2017 Augusta Ambition 35RS and took delivery in Nov. 2017 during the merger between Augusta and the RVF. Yes, we are very satisfied with our purchase and we have been full-timing in it since day one. The unit is certified at 19,180 lbs. and has a CCC of 3,100 lbs. It came well equipped with such standard items such as disc brakes, a modified I-beam frame that was built by Lippert and considered by them "over-kill", MORryde pin-box, tongue & groove cabinet work, residential refrigerator with icemaker, two 15,000 BTU A/C's, a 40,000 BTU furnace, 5,000 BTU fireplace, "H" rated Goodyear G114 Unisteel tires, two flat-screen TV's (one large and one medium with the automated Winegard directional antenna), overhead fan, ducted air in the ceiling with heat pumps, prewired for solar, satellite, and generator, etc. We added a washer & dryer, dishwasher, full-body paint, another power awning, the MCD shades, and then 1-1/2 years later returned to Elkhart and had the MORryde IS suspension installed replacing the MORryde SRE4000. Yes, and while in Elkhart agreed to be interviewed on camera which can be viewed at "LUXE Longtime Owner" on You Tube.

So how has it held up? Very few minor issues were addressed cheerfully by the factory and rectified by mobile service techs. Would I go through the experience again? In a heart beat! What about the fellow and his wife and his ten kids that made a video on You Tube complaining about the Weekend Warrior? He's a phony! Three times over the past two years the RVF has offered to fix and make things right with his purchase, in fact, the offer still stands, but he has elected to yelp and yell, and no doubt gets a royalty from You Tube. I have personally confronted him on several forums over the past year and he evidently prefers to play the martyr and remains a professional complainer. So be it! The factory enjoys the reputation of standing behind their warranty even after the warranty period has expired, in some cases, and continues to build an exceptional product in my opinion.   

We selected this manufacturer after taking the factory tour and noticing the obvious differences in their construction procedures verses other, and in some cases, more expensive competitive units. First, their production employees are paid by the hour or salaried (only one of three manufacturers I've been told); none of the hurry, hurry and coverup that you see on just about any production line where the workers are paid based on piece-work/teamwork standards. Yes, coverup!! As an Industrial Engineer and one who spent decades in construction I notice both the good and the bad. And, tell me why the QC/QA personnel are to be found walking around in the last working bay of most manufacturers drinking coffee and smoking, while they look at the outside of the "finished" campers? They should be located on the line where the problems are created and conveniently covered up, that is unless appearance is the MOST important factor to some manufacturers, as well as potential buyers. What about the raw materials and the actual assembly of the campers, recognizing that the manufacturers in reality are not much more than assemblers who put together components supplied by a limited number of venders (Lippert, Dometic, etc.)? Staples, brads, glue, small machine screws in structural members verses welded studs and framing with meaningful amounts of insulation; most would never get past the first page or two of the SBC.

So in this epistle I've written, it boils down to cost, and that in turn mandates price. Yes, you get what you pay for IF you do the research. With fifteen years of RVing, three as a full-timer, and now trying to wear out my fourth camper, I can truthfully say that this will probably be one of the cheapest campers I have ever bought and enjoyed. When I looked for something that was constructed with quality materials, using recognized methods, procedures, and good standard engineering expertise to "assemble", I quickly recognized that the initial outlay or expense was high, but if I intended to keep it for any length of time, it would be cheaper to use and maintain, as well as cost less in the long run.

On 10/24/2018 at 12:04 PM, Mounted Cop said:

Okay, this is my first post on here as well as my first comment on this thread, so bear with me. We bought a 2017 Augusta Ambition 35RS and took delivery in Nov. 2017 during the merger between Augusta and the RVF. Yes, we are very satisfied with our purchase and we have been full-timing in it since day one. The unit is certified at 19,180 lbs. and has a CCC of 3,100 lbs. It came well equipped with such standard items such as disc brakes, a modified I-beam frame that was built by Lippert and considered by them "over-kill", MORryde pin-box, tongue & groove cabinet work, residential refrigerator with icemaker, two 15,000 BTU A/C's, a 40,000 BTU furnace, 5,000 BTU fireplace, "H" rated Goodyear G114 Unisteel tires, two flat-screen TV's (one large and one medium with the automated Winegard directional antenna), overhead fan, ducted air in the ceiling with heat pumps, prewired for solar, satellite, and generator, etc. We added a washer & dryer, dishwasher, full-body paint, another power awning, the MCD shades, and then 1-1/2 years later returned to Elkhart and had the MORryde IS suspension installed replacing the MORryde SRE4000. Yes, and while in Elkhart agreed to be interviewed on camera which can be viewed at "LUXE Longtime Owner" on You Tube.

So how has it held up? Very few minor issues were addressed cheerfully by the factory and rectified by mobile service techs. Would I go through the experience again? In a heart beat! What about the fellow and his wife and his ten kids that made a video on You Tube complaining about the Weekend Warrior? He's a phony! Three times over the past two years the RVF has offered to fix and make things right with his purchase, in fact, the offer still stands, but he has elected to yelp and yell, and no doubt gets a royalty from You Tube. I have personally confronted him on several forums over the past year and he evidently prefers to play the martyr and remains a professional complainer. So be it! The factory enjoys the reputation of standing behind their warranty even after the warranty period has expired, in some cases, and continues to build an exceptional product in my opinion.   

We selected this manufacturer after taking the factory tour and noticing the obvious differences in their construction procedures verses other, and in some cases, more expensive competitive units. First, their production employees are paid by the hour or salaried (only one of three manufacturers I've been told); none of the hurry, hurry and coverup that you see on just about any production line where the workers are paid based on piece-work/teamwork standards. Yes, coverup!! As an Industrial Engineer and one who spent decades in construction I notice both the good and the bad. And, tell me why the QC/QA personnel are to be found walking around in the last working bay of most manufacturers drinking coffee and smoking, while they look at the outside of the "finished" campers? They should be located on the line where the problems are created and conveniently covered up, that is unless appearance is the MOST important factor to some manufacturers, as well as potential buyers. What about the raw materials and the actual assembly of the campers, recognizing that the manufacturers in reality are not much more than assemblers who put together components supplied by a limited number of venders (Lippert, Dometic, etc.)? Staples, brads, glue, small machine screws in structural members verses welded studs and framing with meaningful amounts of insulation; most would never get past the first page or two of the SBC.

So in this epistle I've written, it boils down to cost, and that in turn mandates price. Yes, you get what you pay for IF you do the research. With fifteen years of RVing, three as a full-timer, and now trying to wear out my fourth camper, I can truthfully say that this will probably be one of the cheapest campers I have ever bought and enjoyed. When I looked for something that was constructed with quality materials, using recognized methods, procedures, and good standard engineering expertise to "assemble", I quickly recognized that the initial outlay or expense was high, but if I intended to keep it for any length of time, it would be cheaper to use and maintain, as well as cost less in the long run.

Thank you for your write up.  I have a question.

What do you tow it with and how happy are you with the tow vehicle?

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Archived