Low air pressuer buzzer not working ?

runaway parents

My dash cluster had a speaker located in the back of it. It is also where the clicking noise came from for the turn signals and such. Are you other noises working? You can do a speaker test in the LCD menu.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Rick, I read your thread and saw what the dealer wanted to replace it. That is crazy. Speaker replacement was an item that Tanin offered when I had my cluster fixed. It was like $100 if I remember right. 

2014 smart Fortwo

Yeah....that's what I thought at the time. The dealers only bolt in new gauge clusters for a $1000.00+ and taking out the cluster is pretty easy and the little speakers are cheap. The fix once the cluster is out takes about 5 minutes. Even those electronics places charging $100.00 for the repair is a steep price seems.... about what good lawyers charge per hour.   :)

At least Tanin gives you a lifetime warranty...you don't bring that with any lawyer.:P

2014 smart Fortwo

Gotta disagree...BAD lawyers are $100/hour, GOOD Lawyers are quite a bit more. 

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Well....it would be nice tho find a lawyer for $100.00/hr. 😀 That's why I referenced the repair took me about 5 minutes once the cluster was on the bench. So...$100/5 minutes. Or 12 units repaired per/ hr. $1200.00 per hour. That seems about right for a good lawyer..   😁

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:09 PM, Big5er said:

My dash cluster had a speaker located in the back of it. It is also where the clicking noise came from for the turn signals and such. Are you other noises working? You can do a speaker test in the LCD menu.

Did test nothing not a sound

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, RickS said:

Mine failed and i bought a small replacement speaker and soldered it in.

Link to some pictures of the replacement.

Got my new speaker in today got instrument cluster out in about 15 minutes had it fixed in about an hour. this includes a trip to hardware store to get solder. Works great thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, RickS said:

Glad it worked out....a heck of a lot cheaper than the Volvo dealer cluster replacement!  😂

RickS I was looking at your signature after your posts. I think your missing something aren't you? You list your trucks trailer and smart but what about adding One Bright Ass Flash Light? LOL How have you been Rick hope you and Carey are doing well. Norm & Rhonda.

Norm & Rhonda

2013 Volvo VNL780 500HP D-13 12 Speed iShift Trans

2008 Jayco F 36 V 40' Toy Hauler

2016 Smart Fortwo Prime

2014 Harley-Davidson CVO Limited

Hey...Norm! Yeah i've still got that fairly bright ThruNite TN36 UT flashlight and just getting ready to head for some SxS riding in northern Nevada. Maybe we'll see you again at next years ECR as it is scheduled a little later and may give me a chance to get the RV out of the snow.  :) 

12 minutes ago, RickS said:

Hey...Norm! Yeah i've still got that fairly bright ThruNite TN36 UT flashlight and just getting ready to head for some SxS riding in northern Nevada. Maybe we'll see you again at next years ECR as it is scheduled a little later and may give me a chance to get the RV out of the snow.  :) 

Definitely Rick we hope to run into you sometime. Chances are it won't be at the ECR. We are kind of done with the Rallies I think. We had a couple or New Comers to the HDT Group attack me verbally and threaten me Physically. To avoid anymore anymore conflict the wife and I choose to leave after only being there 3 days. So then they started spreading rumors about me. Then after I get home my wife decides then to let me know that one of them came over to her and brandished a side arm. But you never know where and when I might pop up. I am certainly sure you will find me with that dim little light of yours. In fact I thought I saw it shinning into the sky last night.

Norm & Rhonda

2016 Smart Fortwo Prime

Wow. Being treated this way is just wrong and illegal. I don’t know what to do now after the fact, but you made the right decision to leave. It would be good to know who these people were but how do you do that without causing more problems. I don’t want to be around people that threaten others and brandish firearms either. Just wow.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

17 hours ago, LED Bright said:

Definitely Rick we hope to run into you sometime. Chances are it won't be at the ECR. We are kind of done with the Rallies I think. We had a couple or New Comers to the HDT Group attack me verbally and threaten me Physically. To avoid anymore anymore conflict the wife and I choose to leave after only being there 3 days. So then they started spreading rumors about me. Then after I get home my wife decides then to let me know that one of them came over to her and brandished a side arm. But you never know where and when I might pop up. I am certainly sure you will find me with that dim little light of yours. In fact I thought I saw it shinning into the sky last night.

I don't even know what to say about this!!   :wacko:  We have made so many friends at these rallies that this just shocks me. I would address it with the organizers for sure. 

28 minutes ago, RickS said:

I don't even know what to say about this!!   :wacko:  We have made so many friends at these rallies that this just shocks me. I would address it with the organizers for sure. 

Rick I didn't mean to hijack your post with my issues. I am glad you got your speaker fixed. Had I seen it sooner I could have helped with that at least. 

It is in the past at least for me anyway. They are still running around acting like school children and seem to be having much success gathering up believers. I find it hard to believe that people would believe what they are saying considering who it is coming from and who it is about. I thought most everyone if not had met me at least know of me and the things I have done in the past. I guess none of that matters. 

Anyway it is really good to hear from you glad you have all those annoying noises back in your cab again. Hope we can get together some time again in the future. Travel safe and have lots of fun.

Norm & Rhonda

2016 Smart Fortwo Prime

4 hours ago, Ronbo said:

Wow. Being treated this way is just wrong and illegal. I don’t know what to do now after the fact, but you made the right decision to leave. It would be good to know who these people were but how do you do that without causing more problems. I don’t want to be around people that threaten others and brandish firearms either. Just wow.

Ronbo don't let this influence you in anyway about the Rallies. It was an isolated event that was brewing long before the Rally ever started. The unfortunate events that lend up to it along with others that had had run-ins with one of the people and were asking for them not to be in their area ended up putting them 2 spots away from me.

The other contributing factor to this is me. I should have walked away as soon as this all started but I didn't and I am to blame for that. Another big contributor was that I thought I had several friends that were there that witnessed everything happen and thought they would have never let it go as far as it did but they all had been hanging out together for a couple of weeks before in the "pre Rally" and must have gotten pretty close. Well they all turned on me at the same time. 

Anyway this is no means a Rally problem. I have been to this Rally and the National Rally multiple times and the only issue I experienced with ether of those is that my wife wouldn't let me get there soon enough and she made me leave to soon after it was over. The Rallies are a great place to get information and ideas. They are a great place to meet new friends and make long lasting relationships. SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LET MY ONE TIME EXPERIENCE be a factor in any decision on going to the Rallies PLEASE.

Norm & Rhonda

2016 Smart Fortwo Prime

18 minutes ago, runaway parents said:

SAFTY NOTE I forgot to mention when I worked on this project when removing instrument cluster do not lean on steering wheel especially if you have a train air horn  and the driver side door is open.!!!

Ha Ha Ha That is way to funny. Your were trying to get all the annoying noises put back into the inside of your cab anyway. I would have thought the Train Horn with the passenger door open would have been a pleasant sound. Probably not though i'm guessing.

Norm & Rhonda

2016 Smart Fortwo Prime

Archived