Music?

Not me. But it makes as much sense to me as those who follow the NASCAR circuit or the Renaissance Festival circuit or any other such thing. Having your home be wherever you are is almost always good.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

One of the things I hope to do is attend some of Coachella in California, SxSW in Austin, Merlefest in NC, Bonaroo in TN, and FloydFest in WV all in one year. Want no part of Lollapalooza though. In my earlier music years I might have liked Lolla, but not at my age. Most of them have a designated RV parking area so I would deduce from that fact that enough people do it to need a parking lot. Maybe I'll see you at one of them!

Anyone have any stories or experiences of skipping the performances and just chilling in the campgrounds and parking lots enjoying the community experience, watching and saying hello to folks, and so on? At times i choose campgrounds even if i can boondock just for the opportunity to be around people. I’m sure the fun, laughter, music, and good times of music festivals spills over into the campground with impromptu jam sessions and the like.

SKP# 136386

I went to SXSW this year and loved it. It's more than a music fest, but Austin itself is a music mecca. However, SXSW is expensive and there's really only one campground to stay in -- Pecan Grove -- at $100/day.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

2 hours ago, Zulu said:

I went to SXSW this year and loved it. It's more than a music fest, but Austin itself is a music mecca. However, SXSW is expensive and there's really only one campground to stay in -- Pecan Grove -- at $100/day.

With any luck I can get a hold of a guy I know originally from Ohio and park in his yard for a couple of days. Unless I have already burned that bridge, Hard to remember anymore...   LOL!!!

It likely won't be until 2019 because I doubt I will be on the road yet for 2018.

Archived