Hdt financing

Jakephillips72

I did but we are long time members of our credit union. Had originally said no but later offered to. With the low interest rate they quoted, I used them. Very few have though. The trucks have commercial value and banks don't deal with these type loans. You might can but you will need a good relationship with your bank or cu.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Don't know your situation but this is exactly why we financed the 5th wheel and are paying cash for the truck. Except for the rare experience that Glenn W had with his Credit Union you can expect shorter terms and higher interest rates from anyone who will loan on a HDT. 

Chris, Tracey, Aria & Lola

2018 Volvo VNR 400, D13 I-Shift

2018 NH 48' Majestic

1 minute ago, GlennWest said:

I borrowed 21k at 1.9% for 18 months. Paid it off in less than 12 months. But this is cu we been members of for decades. Rates would be more now as they have gone up.

Shoot, Glenn, they surely didn't make any money on you!

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

I saved for mine for three years. I had my investment guy take 1200.00 out of each check and put that money in a high yield account. Then when the time go closer to buy we took it out of that account and put it into a money market account. I let my money do the work for me while I was making the investment and then purchased the Volvo free and clear. However I paid for 4 years on my Subaru Outback, however I took out a no interest loan because I can't stand to pay people for their money, the outback is paid off in December. I am going to start saving then for new tires, for the Volvo. You know the story on the Outback is interesting. My wife and I were in Sam's Club a month before Christmas and she pointed out this really, really nice Shark Vacuum  system that had all kinds of attachments and it was extremely fancy. So I asked her if she would like it for Christmas. Thinking I would score a home run I bought this unit for her. Well I am from Kansas and we had a very long drive back home. We did our exchange on the 22nd the night before we left Vegas to drive home. She sees this huge box and is all excited, then she opens it up. WELL guys I thought I had done good, I thought I bought the exact gift she told me to get and I wind up with this look of disgust and some lecture about her job to clean the house and all of that. The ride or drive back to Kansas was a pretty  quiet 20+ hours and 1500 miles. Thank goodness for books on C.D. and the radio. Well we get to Kansas and in all honesty the our car we left in Vegas a Dodge Stratus was in pretty bad shape, so while at home she called Subaru to find out if they were having any Year End Specials, guess what they were. So we, meaning me, made an appointment to see them. When it was all said and done a 250.00 bargain from Sam's Club on the perfect gift cost me close to 30,000.00 and 4 years of payments at 625 and change per month for 4 years. 

I know that did not answer your question but I just felt like sharing, just in one of those moods today, Sorry!

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory Ossana 

Dumb Christmas presents...... let me tell ya......

A few years ago, I procrastinated until Christmas Eve to start shopping.  So, wife sends me to the grocery, and while I'm there I select a nice assortment of Rubbermaid containers for her. (Ain't I romantic?)  Needless to say, the next morning, when she opened them, it was pretty quiet here.

Fast forward a year......While cleaning the house for a big Thanksgiving, wife drops a glass shelf in her display cabinet where her Hummel Nativity set lives. Broke several pieces.  Our daughters have said that when we pass, the only thing they'll fight about is that set.  I set about finding replacement pieces, plus another complete set.  Christmas morning, she opens her first package to find.....drum roll.....a piece of Rubbermaid.  If looks could kill....  But wait dear, what's inside?  Why, it's that camel you broke.  A few minutes later, inside more Rubbermaid, another camel.  You can imagine the rest of the story.

So, Cory, use your imagination, and redeem thyself.  But remember, it's only temporary.....

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I found a set of 8 Drives mounted and balanced at Love's up here north of Vegas for 2868.85 Mounted with Tax and Labor all totaled in. I don't think I can sell that right now.

I was also told if they could by my tires to cap over I could get even more off the overall price.

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory Ossana 

When we initially purchased our Volvo 730 I didn't want to try and find someone to finance what was a commercial vehicle or outlay the cash from our savings to purchase the truck, so we took out a personal loan through USAA for the purchase with the idea that we would refinance once the truck was titled as a Motorhome.  Even with our excellent credit the refinance turned out to be a bit more challenging than I had expected.

When we took out the initial loan USAA had said they would be able to convert the personal loan to a secured RV loan once the truck was titled as such. Turns out that wasn't really true...  So off I go, contacting lenders to see if anyone would finance us at a reasonable interest rate.  Alliant Credit Union, RV Lending Group, Xtreme Motorcoaches, Commercial Fleet Financing and our local credit union all said "no" because we don't fit into their little box of a motorhome and they can't look up the vehicle in the NADA guide.  

I then tried to see if we could get a better interest rate on a personal loan and pay off perhaps half the balance from savings.  Nope, no luck there either... Some of the interest rates were lower, but after the fees were added in it was worse than what we had.  I was feeling a bit discouraged at that point and was about to throw in the towel when I came across Lightstream.

I submitted the application and supporting income documentation online Monday afternoon, answered some additional questions they had about what the money was going to be used for on Tuesday and had a check in the bank this morning for almost the complete outstanding balance of the truck.  AND the loan isn't secured by the truck so we don't have to show a lienholder on the title!  The net result was a reduction in the interest rate from 10.99% to 4.74%!!

Not sure if this would work out for everyone as credit and income situations are certainly unique, but these folks were great to deal with and would be worth checking out if you are considering financing an HDT.

Shawn and Andrea
Elvis the Cheagle Dog
2013 Volvo 730 / iShift / D13 XE Package / ET Hitch
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Read the blog at 40foothouse.com

R8O2pAw.jpg

Archived