Tiny HDT AutoTranny, Singled, Storage, HOG-Garage,CHEEP

Dollytrolley

Ok.....so maybe it's NOT a Vmachine .....but......just maybe some one is looking for a Tiny cheep to operate HDT with some nice features..... take a gander at the link...

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/hvo/6019025414.html

Sure this unit is tiny but consider what is there.......its factory single likely with a 23K drive axle, has a auto-tranny, has a small sleeper just big enough to be titled as Motor Home, and it has BIG fuel likely 3,000 mile range with the M11 stone simple engine AND Henry could cobble a ET hitch while you were at the drive thru at TacoHell........AND it has a enclosed HOG garage for your skooter..........

The M11's are about the smallest engine you will find in a HDT but with the right internal config they easely dial--up to 450 HP and some in emerg service dial in a 550HP .......our M11 is dialed a 3770 Hp / 1350 and is cheeep on fuel with nice power curve......

Not sure what the tranny is on this unit because I can not see any clutch peddle in the pic and the shifter looks like some of the Allisons we have had but not sure what this is since the ad says 10 speeds.

This unit could be a real deal for someone looking for a CHEEEEP tower with good basics.......

We had a large mix of hardware and the bean counters had tons of numbers that said that the M11 powered units were more than 20% cheeper to operate than the Duramax units and of course a M11 could tow a Duramax backwards at idle........

I had a fleeting thought of picking this rig as a spare smaller Dollytrolley II............shucks I might just stuff this thing into the cargo box of Dollytrolley 1............oh no banish the thought .....too much prune juice.....

Drive in..........(where did I leave our spare.....HDT)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Looks like an Eaton three pedal?   I think you're correct about the 23k rear. Also looks like 19.5 wheels?  I agree, it might make someone a good, inexpensive hauler.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Looks like it might have started life as a single axle "baby 8", common out on the west coast, hauling double flatbeds with hay, construction materials so on...  Then someone added a coffin sleeper, also widely available out there, not something Freightliner would have done at the factory. If it runs and drives it is worth $13k IF there are no issues with that very early automated manual.

A buddy of mine bought a similar truck brand new in 2000, had so much trouble with the automated manual he traded in on the spot at a dealer doing warranty work 6 months later. They happened to have a brand new Argosy on the lot with a 13 speed. He said if it has a manual transmission in it I will take it. Took a total bath on the whole deal, but he didn't care. 

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

20 hours ago, Dollytrolley said:

.......our M11 is dialed a 3770 Hp / 1350 and is cheeep on fuel with nice power curve......

Wow!!!!......3770HP out of 11liters of engine and cheep on fuel.....must spin about 20,000rpm to get that rating....

6 hours ago, hdonlybob said:

I agree on a pretty good deal.

Sleeper is a little rustic.. LOL  especially if you want to get in it while moving...

Cheers,

Bob

That's a split sleeper.  It has a metal privacy wall so that you can haul your Mother-in-law in the back.....

Throw a lawn chair and some baling twin back there for a seatbelt and you got yourself a party!! ? :ph34r:

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

17 hours ago, porky69 said:

Wow!!!!......3770HP out of 11liters of engine and cheep on fuel.....must spin about 20,000rpm to get that rating....

Hey Pork.............Indeed it has 3,770 HP/lgt.....(HP-little girlie truck Hp) ......sorta like dog-years......But to get the best liers--MPG I do lug it down to only 16,000 revs.......

So I was dribbling some cheep fuel in the Trolley in Fallon NV last year when a young chap pulled up in a jacked up 350000 Dodge with 8" inch stacks and mega-tire--wheels and he started fueling and then walked around the Trolley.........he walks up and says "ya know I just got off the dyno and I pulled 800 ft lbs torque so you could just get a dodge like mine and have all the power you ever need without bothering with this big old lumbering beast......."       

I grinned and opened the door and pulled binder out from the rack behind the seat and opened up to the power chart and showed it to him and said ..."yup 800 pound is a nice idle but ya gotta be careful  I don,t feather the clutch to hard and  the Dollymomma will put a lump in my head for giving Dolly-the-paint-horse a jerky ride.......maybe your right I get one of those lower power trucks......"

Best could get out of the old DC-7 B with Wright R-3350-32 (3,347 Cu In / 55 L) engines was 3,700 HP /2,800 RPM  with old 115/145 fuel but that fuel has been gone for many moons.....drops back to a tad over 2K HP with 100 oct.

So now I just get by with whatever the ole Dollytrolley needs to get up the hills at 62 MPH and few hills need much over 20 psi boost so I guess I have power to spare ....... 

Drive on..........(2 many numbers on the ....keyboard)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

19 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

That's a split sleeper.  It has a metal privacy wall so that you can haul your Mother-in-law in the back.....

Throw a lawn chair and some baling twin back there for a seatbelt and you got yourself a party!! ? :ph34r:

Too Funny....LOL. After lookingat it again, it looks like there is a large rope, or chain on the floor already :)

1989 Safari Serengeti 34'
Towing a 1952 M38A1 Military Willys

Past HDT owner

5 hours ago, hdonlybob said:

Too Funny....LOL. After lookingat it again, it looks like there is a large rope, or chain on the floor already :)

It's actually the air lines and trailer hookup, but I like how you think....B)

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Every now and then you read about some "trucker" who in his part time is a serial killer who has his sleeper fully equipped with all the restraints necessary to keep the occupant immobile and quiet. 

Guess I have been watching too many Criminal Minds episodes. The public relations damage is enormous on those episodes. 

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

16 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

It's actually the air lines and trailer hookup, but I like how you think....B)

John.......ok I am going to need to help you out here........your obviously spending too many days per week in sin-city so...... I think maybe I'll tweet the press and arrange for you to spend more days working from P-town......we just don't want you getting to close to those folks with ropes, chains and air hoses......not good getting "kinks" in your air hoses........

Drive on...........(be careful in ......sin city)

12 hours ago, wild wolf products said:

Man its gone, listing been taking down.

Pete

Ok Wolfee.......so.......do you think One of Jeffs serial killer / trucker/ buddies ......or ........did John (Vegas Flyer) buy the baby-shaker to tie his mom-n-law up with chains and air hoses.......or worse.......

Shucks and I thought Grumps had bad habits with trucks......when a dead deer showed up inside a load of logs.......

Wonder if the unit went for the full $13 k?

I would guess that some cowgirl picked it up to haul a herd of grass burners to the barrel racers.........it had a DOT number so race for$$$$$$

Who knows .......mabe Vegas Teach picked it up as a spare truck......

Drive on.......(who......knows)

4 hours ago, Dollytrolley said:

Ok Wolfee.......so.......do you think One of Jeffs serial killer / trucker/ buddies ......or ........did John (Vegas Flyer) buy the baby-shaker to tie his mom-n-law up with chains and air hoses.......or worse.......

Shucks and I thought Grumps had bad habits with trucks......when a dead deer showed up inside a load of logs.......

Wonder if the unit went for the full $13 k?

I would guess that some cowgirl picked it up to haul a herd of grass burners to the barrel racers.........it had a DOT number so race for$$$$$$

Who knows .......mabe Vegas Teach picked it up as a spare truck......

Drive on.......(who......knows)

Sounds like the brother of the Peterbilt 359. A guy in South West Tn has for sale. He had taken a 359 Peter and  hacked it up. Mounted it on a looked like F450 running gear. And was calling it the best Rv moving around. I think he had it priced at around $18,000. Sad to see a classic chopped up and turned into trash..

OOOHHh well one man's treasures is the next mans trash.

Forgot it sounds like the truck in a book I tried to start reading a few weeks back. Guy was driving around the country killing people. Had plastic over over the inside of the sleeper. That way he could wrap up his handy work.

event.png

why did you disable the post?

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

Archived