Just for towing

Oldnavywife

There is a rig in the for sale section that seems to meet the needs you discuss. Here is the link to the add. It is a singled truck with an automated manual transmission that is set up to haul a Jeep on the bed.

Jays truck is still for sale. But at 38' and 72' with a 38' 5er, that is a lot of length. Otherwise, what a great truck for the application. ISX too!!

As to Smarts, any other cars able to fit sideways like Smarts? Fiats? I keep thinking about my Dads 1971 Honda 600 car. What a retro look.

Marcel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Dollytrolly has some sort of spreadsheet to plug numbers into, I'd appreciate a copy. Meanwhile, maybe we'll just have scooters that we would keep in the 5th wheel toy hauler. That should keep us in the singled category, just must decide long or short.

Sorry to not get back to reply sooner but we have been out baking (117f) and have very little internet much of the time.

I would be glad to email my spreadsheet if you would like to do some what-if axle / load locations.

Most days I pickup my emails so if yo email me at. Mmcdan3189@aol.com I could send the spreadsheet via return email.

The spreadsheet updates live whenever you change axle, load location, or weight so you can quickly play with a lot of variables all in real time.

I gotta go get my parka and gloves on because we are in a cold snap at double digits at 98f today........burrrrrr

Drive on.........(so......what wheel base do I want to try next)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Everybody got to have a hot button. This is the one that gets me the most, recently. I know a guy that sent his wife out in the wilds of Alaska, armed only with with what she could carry in their smart. Needles to say, she had enough supplies with her to make a rather enjoyable trip out of her "mission-of-mercy", including a spa trip. I think that's how I remember it, anyway. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Me? Are you implying that I'd send my darling out on her own, armed with only a credit card and Swiss Army knife to find help along the Alaska Highway?

Shirley you mean someone else.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

There is a rig in the for sale section that seems to meet the needs you discuss. Here is the link to the add. It is a singled truck with an automated manual transmission that is set up to haul a Jeep on the bed.

Jays truck is still for sale. But at 38' and 72' with a 38' 5er, that is a lot of length. Otherwise, what a great truck for the application. ISX too!!

As to Smarts, any other cars able to fit sideways like Smarts? Fiats? I keep thinking about my Dads 1971 Honda 600 car. What a retro look.

It will take a vintage car to get any smaller tan the smart. Even the Messerschmitt micro cars are longer than the smarts. One vintage car that would work is an Isetta 300. All 7'-6" of it but the drawback is the mighty 13 HP engine and 51 mph top speed. That little car on the back of an Argosy and painted to match would make a great combo though.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Me? Are you implying that I'd send my darling out on her own, armed with only a credit card and Swiss Army knife to find help along the Alaska Highway?

Shirley you mean someone else.

I heard she also had her smiling personality, and don't call me Shirley.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

• 2 weeks later...

you can contact me at n7uvw@yahoo.com jeeper for 16 years and 150 k miles.....Dirt

97 9200 cornbinder super 10 M11E cummins 1350 ftlbs
81 CJ7 jeep
2000 36ft nuwa king dome onan 6500LP gen/remote start
94 sport Nautique
2007 dyna wide glide 6 speed
N7UVW
2007 30ft work&play-LK-- toy hauler by forest river

2006 Alfa toyhouse 40 ft

2010 42kz Escalade toyhauler

• 4 weeks later...

Archived