DIY tire mounting

sclord2002

Whew, bought 8 new 295 75 22.5 drive tires for TowMater. Demounted 4 old tires, mounted 4 new ones and 2 new Centramatics by myself and that is about all I want to do today. The other 4 will be a project for another day. This weekend is supposed to be cooler so maybe Saturday or Sunday afternoon. The 4th tire and wheel seemed twice as heavy as the first one !! My 1 inch impact wrench sure was handy for this project. The doorbell just rang and I think it's my butt finally dragging in....... Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Whew, bought 8 new 295 75 22.5 drive tires for TowMater. Demounted 4 old tires, mounted 4 new ones and 2 new Centramatics by myself and that is about all I want to do today. The other 4 will be a project for another day. This weekend is supposed to be cooler so maybe Saturday or Sunday afternoon. The 4th tire and wheel seemed twice as heavy as the first one !! My 1 inch impact wrench sure was handy for this project. The doorbell just rang and I think it's my butt finally dragging in....... Charlie

Now that's funny!!!!!

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Where'ja find the impact??? Last I heard, some scoundrel had made off with it..

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Well done!

I bought one of these http://www.kentool.com/index.php/new-products/blue-cobra-demounting-tool a while back and it dismounts a tire in two strokes and as you found remounting is pretty easy with a single bar. It's all about working smart and making each move count or it's way too much work!

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

Time to have a nap Charlie..... Charlie? Did ya hear me? Oh well...

Changing 8 drives without all the fancy equipment would be a hard days work!

What fancy equipment? I used to do 10 sets of 8 drives a day with a hammer 2 bar some soap and an air compressor. Only thing "special" was a 1" drive air gun.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

What fancy equipment? I used to do 10 sets of 8 drives a day with a hammer 2 bar some soap and an air compressor. Only thing "special" was a 1" drive air gun.

Well, it would be a day's work if they were 10.00x20 split ring that hadn't been broken down in a few years, in the rust belt. I am sooooo glad I don't wrestle those things now. Just hauled 4 "spares" to the dump last week.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

New tires and wheels for the camper.

Now new drives for Tomater. Sounds like you won the lottery or found a gold mine. You need to share these sacred events with your "buddy" in old Virginny. I remember your "arm-strong" tire changer tool and had no desire to hammer and pry a tire to see how well they worked. I have my Kodiac disk brake kit for the fiver. You could come help me install it :D :D. I have about 100' of 10-4 SOOJ cable or a nice power conditioner that we could talk trade about. :rolleyes:

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Randy, they got the gold mine and I got the shaft. I just figured that I might be pressing my luck running my old caps in the summer heat. Went with Sailun closed shoulder drives to match the Sailuns I had put on the camper. I had good reports on the Sailuns.......hope they were acurate. Time will tell. We are Colorado bound near the end of the month. I seems that you have figured out how to make the Silverleaf walk and talk....I though that it would be right up your alley. After all, you needed another display to cover up that last bit of dash that was showing on your truck....... B) . The disk brake changeover sounds like a fun project, too. If you hear of a bank robbery in SC and the description fits me, please don't rat me out. Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

I remember those days also. Or run 16 hours and come into the shop. Then swap out 2 tires and a brake chamber along with an oil change..

Pete

event.png

Archived