Comparison of TST 510 vs TST 507

SuiteSuccess

Have been using both systems on truck and trailer for over a year and thought I'd post pros and cons of each. First if you purchase either system might as well spend another $60, get and mount the repeater. Easy to do. The 507 has the replaceable batteries and an outer shell that spins to supposedly enhance theft protection. This shell can be removed if necessary to help with mounting.(I'm going to remove it this year to help ease mounting on my duals). Batteries recommended to be replaced yearly and they aren't necessarily cheap $5-6. So over 6-7 years cost equal to replacing a 510 sensor. My 510 sensors which I just exchanged lasted me 6 years. 510 only comes with the spinning outter shell but spoke to TST and they said you can put a drop of epoxy on the sensors to keep it from spinning. Both performed well but I did have drop-outs on the 507 sensors that were mounted on my truck drives and had to buy a repeater for it also even though the sensors were <20 ft from the antenna. TST says obstructions like drom, steel bed, etc. could be blocking signal. Will update after I remove outter sleeves on 507 and mount on my drives.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Good info Carl.

I am now starting to get more and more sensors dropping out (battery finally dying) on my PresurePro system. I purchased this system in 2009, and so I'm getting a little more than 6 years out of them. Leave them on the wheels the whole time.

Not sure if I want to go to something that I'll have to take off every 6 years just to change batteries. Plus the replacement cost sounds about the same as replacing batteries every year.

Interested in seeing what everybody else is doing?

Also not interested in replacing all the other equipment besides sensors.

Sounds like maybe a wash.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Carl,

Since you have both the older 510 sensors as well as the newer 507 sensors you might try a little experiment.

Swap the position of the sensors, put the 510 sensors on the truck and the 507 sensors on the trailer. You might be interested in the results.

That's what I'm doing today, lol. Guess great minds think alike or something like that. Just finished switching my repeaters. Had the 507 in the trailer and 510 in the truck.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Try the test without the repeaters powered up.....

Will do.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I have the 507 and get my batteries at Wally World? Seems like they were a lot cheaper than $5.00 as I recall.

I took off the spinning part antitheft on mine it was too annoying airing up the tires. Like Carl I found the rapeter is a must. the O- rings are starting to go bad on all of them that seals on the valve stem.

I switch them to my boat trailer in summer time and they work great Evan when launching my boat, they seam to be water tight.

I have had to replace 2 of 6 sensors so far.

Customer service is outstanding and I will be calling them real soon for the O-rings I need.

One thing I would like to see in the future would be all of my tires to display on one screen at one time rather then scrolling through tire my tire.

"One thing I would like to see in the future would be all of my tires to display on one screen at one time rather then scrolling through tire my tire."

I'm with you on that one Bronco. An offering of a 5" or 7" screen would be awesome with each tire displayed at the same time. I think the sensors transmit intermittently but they should be able to figure out how to retain the last transmission until each sensor updates its info. Be easy to display psi & temps. Maybe a project Davie Dixon could take on, lol.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl you may find the 510 has less issue with the distance and obstructions. Also vehicle electronics can play into it too. I have had some pickup owners need the repeaters. That was with 507 systems.

I have had PP syst since 2006. And it was good. Service was great. It needed the Ext Antenna

When I started weighing rigs I changed over and carry the TST. I now run TST 507 with repeater. No issue without repeater except a few times so I added and no more at all.

I also find the service from TST great.

I have been equally happy with both systems.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Carl, if you're paying $5-6 per battery, you're paying way too much! I buy 10-packs on Amazon for $7.61 with free shipping.

Energizer CR1632 3 Volt Lithium Coin Battery

Yup! What Dutch said!

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Thanks Bill and Dutch. Will get them from Amazon. Also can't say enough good things about TST customer service. They always have treated me fairly and honestly.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

We are with Dutch and get our batteries thru Amazon too. We have removed the security shield, after awhile with dirt and grime you can still remove the sensors by hand even with the security shield. We found the small screws rusting and was worried that we would not be able to get them off if they got too bad.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

I'm another TST owner who went from a 510 system to a 507. The 510 worked acceptably without a repeater for our 40' MH with a toad but there were occasional dropouts of the coach's rear wheels. I didn't get the reported battery lifetime on the sensors and had to swap out several. By the third year I had enough and was able to get a discount on replacing it with a 507.

I have had much better performance from the 507. It does require a repeater but I was able to wire mine in the bedroom ceiling up above the CO detector. The repeater is completely hidden in the space above the detector. With the repeater there are never any sensor dropouts unless one of the batteries is dying.

I recently purchased a second TST monitor to use in our CR-V toad as a supplement to the manufacturer's TPMS system. IMO the CR-V has a useless TPMS system that simply tells you that "one of your tires might be slightly over or under pressure." Since the toad already had TST sensors on its wheels, I now have continuous readout of tire pressures when I am driving it away from the MH,

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

For those with fifth wheels when you are looking to install a repeater from TST. Try using the fifth wheel pin box area. There should be a junction box in there on some trailers and you will find the 12v Supply you need.

I just tie wrap them to a cable in the pin box. Works great. I leave it powered all the time. You could put in a Switch.

For those with fifth wheels when you are looking to install a repeater from TST. Try using the fifth wheel pin box area. There should be a junction box in there on some trailers and you will find the 12v Supply you need.

I just tie wrap them to a cable in the pin box. Works great. I leave it powered all the time. You could put in a Switch.

Great idea thanks

Archived