Contacting BluDot

rickeieio

Can any one supply me with a working contact for BluDot Braking systems? I've been trying to reach them, and they don't answer phones, return calls, or answer emails. Are they still in business?

I've tried 4 different extensions on their phone system, at different times of day, and can't get through. Perhaps they're doing so well they don't want any more business?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• 2 weeks later...

So, after BluDot replied (once) to my email, they have stopped responding. I tried to call several times and never got a real person. They're only open 8:00a to 4:00p. What a way to run a business......NOT.

So, as much as I'd like to try their products, it appears I need to look elsewhere. I have three Dexter axles, rated at 6k each, with Dexter hydraulic disk brakes. What are my best options to replace or eliminate my failed MaxBrake controller?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

Absolutely BLUDOT. If not them, then the Hayes air actuated controller. I ran a test with Hayes, Prodigy & something else all stacked on my dash. Switched outputs between them, Hayes was fastest response time. I had no problem a few yrs ago getting them, very helpful. You can save a few bucks by finding your own air tank, maybe one that the shape etc fits your available location better. Maybe $10 at a yard, but has to be big enough volume. They'll tell you.

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

What are my best options to replace or eliminate my failed MaxBrake controller?

Another option is the DirecLink

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I'd use Directlink if not using BluDot.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Another controller question, I see that Directlink has a Freightliner connection but what about other trucks like Volvo and Kenworth? I am also curious how it will give a variable signal to the brake servo with the brakes on the truck being air brakes. I will be needing to make this same decision for a controller on a new truck and am curious as to what everyone would get or recommend.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

There are a few Volvo owners on this Forum with DirecLink, Trey Selden being one of them.

The DirecLink controller gets its signals to apply brakes from the ECM. There is really no variable signal for electric/hydraulic brakes. They are on of off as the service brakes of the truck are applied. This was how the MaxBrake worked using an air pressure sensor in the brake lines.

BlueDot uses air pressure in the truck brakes lines to open a valve in the trailer to apply pressure from the air tank in the trailer to the hydraulic servo, an on/off action also.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

Mark,

Are you sure about the on/off action? I have electric over hydraulic brakes and the controllers I have used vary the voltage to the brake servo to allow the braking force to be proportional to the truck.

I might have misunderstood how these things work though and I'm not too old to learn (just too old to remember what I learn).

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Electric over hydraulic, pump on, pressure to brakes, pump off, no pressure. There is no variable pump pressure.

The variable settings of brake controllers are for electric drum brakes. The hydraulic servos pretend to be electric drum brakes supplying what appears to be drum brake magnets, but the pump is on or off.

The smart controllers like BrakeSmart, MaxBrake, and DirecLink may send on/off pulses to simulate a variable application of the brakes but it is not done with voltage.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

From what I've inferred from here in the past, it uses the rate of change of 1939 wheel speed. The problem is that there are a lot of wheel speeds on the bus and you are SOL if you don't have the right one.. i do, however, suspect that it is more ABS brand and model # related than truck mfgr related but that is just a guess. Regardless, the power and data plug behind the glovebox we optioned on your spec GH was for this. You'd plug it in behind the glovebox instead of it taking up your diagnostic plug for the rest of the trucks life.

• 1 year later...

So, to wrap this one up, today was our first time to actually pull with the BluDot operating.  I like it, a lot.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Archived