today is it

Tex Bigfoot

I do believe that the two greatest career decisions I made were the going to work for a company that had a very good early retirement program and that I then took that early retirement on the very first day that I was eligible to do so!

Congratulations and good travels!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thank you .

The city that I work for has a very good little benefit in that IF you work here for 20 + years and IF you reach age 60 and retire ,they will pay your insurance until you are illegible for Medicare. I have worked for 4 cities over the years and this is the only one that has offered this.

The second part is as a retiree at age 58 I can purchase my insurance through the city at the same rate that the city would pay for me as an employee until age 60 then the city will pick up the bill.

It really helps to make up for the lower take home pay that I have put up with for the last 31 years. Not to mention the 2 and 3 AM call outs .

The second part is as a retiree at age 58 I can purchase my insurance through the city at the same rate that the city would pay for me as an employee until age 60 then the city will pick up the bill.

Hope that will work out for you. I worked for a company for 41 years 7 months. They do have a good retirement plan that pays me every month and they can't get their hands on the money in it.

And also retiring early got to keep my Co. Insurance at employee price.

They also said all the time that when I started Medicare they would take care of the supplemental Insurance Free of charge. That did happen for 1 year.

Then the next year they was a small deduction($25) that showed up on my monthly pay check. I called and ask them what that was for. They said for Health insurance. I said, they said they would take care of it.

They said that promise wasn't written in Stone. :( Since then they changed it 2 more times and now my FREE company supplemental is costing me $191 a month. :(

You might want to check to see if your promise after 60 is written in STONE. ;)

Enjoy your Retirement as it will go fast. I have enjoyed most of my 16 Years 1 Month and 18 days of retirement so far. But who is counting. :D

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Thank you sir . looking forward to meeting you in VT

I look forward to meeting you there as well, unfortunately my much better half will not know for sure until sometime in Jan. 2016 if she can get vacation during those dates. If everything goes as planned with in two years she will be retired as well, and travel dates will no longer be a concern. Again, congratulations and enjoy your retirement.

Sniper & Sweet P

Escapees 124743 H.O.C. 1371

I work for a city . It would take them 6 months and two committees in agreement ,just to get the paper work ready to fire me.

You have Job security that the folks in Moscow only dreamed of.......they just run out of cash first............no worries here we have something far better than $$$....... we have endless credit.....

Drive on........(Retired........not fired)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

You have Job security that the folks in Moscow only dreamed of.......they just run out of cash first............no worries here we have something far better than $$$....... we have endless credit.....

Drive on........(Retired........not fired)

And, there have been some recent studies that claim that, all things considered, government workers do as well, if not better, than those in the private sector.

We were pretty fortunate on that score as well since my employer, 3M Co. had a plan that allowed people to leave once their years of service and age combined reached 90, so long as the age was 55 or above. Mine also included health insurance that did cost and that cost did rise slowly but then at age 65 with Medicare that coverage changed to supplemental and the premiums dropped. With the passage of the ACA, their retiree health care program was forced out of the supplemental business but it was replaced by an HRA to pay the premiums from which covers nearly all of those premiums, so we are pretty fortunate. Unlike Biker's experience, our funding has continued and the HRA we have now is increased each year and we get to choose our own supplemental policy.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Hey Tex!

Congrats, I am a retired government Airman as some others here are. We retired from the AF at 45 and went fulltime in 1997 - the end of 2003. I did get bored and went back to a position siting, designing, and supervising construction of Modern Post Frame buildings one stat over her in Louisiana. We are in the S'Port area right off I-20 so if yer ever in the here neck o the woods stop on by.

Congrats and great good luck!

mainstream.gif

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I was put on disability retirement at 55. I was working for the state of Texas. They pay me very well not to work and if I do work, I loose money. No temptation to work at all. I enjoy my grandkids and traveling. I really enjoy spending time with my DW. We have found that we need breaks from other people more than from each other.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Unlike Biker's experience, our funding has continued and the HRA we have now is increased each year and we get to choose our own supplemental policy.

My company was bought out by DuPont the same month I retired. They are paying me a HRA now. It started out they were going to give us a 3% increase every year on the HRA.

That only happened one year then they dropped that increase promise. Now it's the same every year and my polices increase a small amount ever year. For 2016 it will be $17 more between the 2.

I did get to pick my own health supplemental policy and RX. But the HRA they give me only pays $3 over 1/2 of the cost(2015). 2016 it will be less then 1/2. :(

It still is better then nothing. But much less then I was promised year after year and sometimes it was the reason of getting small raises or none. :angry:

Now it will be DowDuPont. before long. Who knows if the HRA will continue?

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived