Is it a "Toad", is it a "Towd", or is it a "Tow'ed" ?

dewilso

Actually there is a reason that people say "toad" and that is to quickly ID to other RVers that we are talking about a car being pulled behind, not something else towed behind a tow vehicle. The jargon evolves to help people know what each is talking about, especially when it is the written word.

Dinghy works too, though for those of us with a sailing background it has another (but similar) meaning.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Reminds me of to, too, and two.... I still write it towd so it is unambiguously clear... in writing.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

The word is towed, used to describe a vehicle that is towed behind another, it is a descriptive noun in this use. How you say it is your choice, or regional accent.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

We used the same term in the Field Artillery for the towed howitzers we manned and pulled with a vehicle.

2008 Ford F350 PowerStroke DRW
2006 Raptor 3813
2007 Harley Davidson ElectraGlide Classic

2010 Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra Classic
Street/Strip Harley Sportster Racebike
SFC (ret) US Army

When you guys get this one nailed down, take on the definition of who or what is a fulltimer for a real challenge! :P

A cousin is a full-timer, they live full-time in a 1976 TT set permanently in an RV park at Ft. Myers Beach. It is legally an RV because FL requires insurance and license plates as such, even though it cannot move.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

We used to use dingy (ex coastie and all). Then brought MIL on a trip. Dingy is now fully reserved for her as a verb, noun, and name.

Toad or tow'd is whatever we're dragging behind (excluding MIL who would then be a dingy). Of course the MH is called Big Bill.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Archived