Recommendations for used under $25K 5th's for BIL

Smitty77_7

My BIL has a new used truck, and I wanted to recommend used under 25K four season 5th wheels. He has a GMC with the 8.1 in a 3/4 ton.

-Carriage

-WRV Alpinelite

-Arctic Fox

-Newmar

Were the units I had known owners of, that would recommend them. Any other recommendations appreciated.

TIA,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Smitty I'd add the appropriately matched in weight NuWa HitchHiker to your list.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Yes to understanding the safe weight capacity. He understands that, and is also going to network with San Diego Trailer Supply, which has over 50 years of experience.

I should have mentioned he has a space constraint where he'll park whatever he ends up with 29', but if he takes out a hedge. 31'.

NuWa and Kings of The Roads were two I had on the radar, just did not mention them.

He asked 5th Wheel, thus why I asked here. But, suspect he'd keep an open mind to a trailer too.

Thanks tow you both,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

We have been living and traveling in our 2007 HitchHiker over 8 years. We ordered it based on NuWa's reputation, the floor plan and discussions with RVers we met. Although they are no longer manufacturered their service and parts department remain open and busy. NuWa has morphed into a sales organization selling other better quality fifth wheels and service and refurbishment of trade-ins and their customer base. We have maintained and invested in our HitchHiker over the years and have no thoughts of replacing it. We are currently attending a HitchHiker rally in TX with over 20 other HitchHikers.

Their website lists all the units they have available for sale and an archive to find out about older units specs. Greg http://www.nuwa.com/

If you want to find out more about NuWa fifth wheels we have a very active owners funded and controlled forum: http://nuwaowners.org/

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

• 3 months later...

Smitty,

If you/he are in the San Diego area, then perhaps my soon to be (could be now) 2010 DRV Select Suites might fit what you are searching for. I see them being towed by those trucks. I had one of them while I had a 36' Alfa weighing in at around 12,500# dry. The SS is around 11,700# dry. It tows better than the Alfa even thought the Alfa was a good tow. I am located north of Temecula. Send me an email if interested (rpsincimt@gmail.com). Our truck then was a 2004 2500HD/Ext cab, 8.1/5 speed auto, so I guess that mirrors the Workhorse drivetrain. Liked it but found a Duramax/Allison for a good deal and sold the 2500. GM has changed their truck chassis's so use the TrailerLife towing guides to help determine the towing capacity, and remember that 5th wheel towing sometimes has a seperate capacity column.

Its so fun to use knowledge obtained from other sources(so often from other people here!!) to share with others in their pursuits of the RV lifestyle.

Marcel

The 8.1L engine is very capable, but is a fuel hog....7 nto 8 mpg when towing and maybe 11 or 12 when not towing.

With a 3/4 ton truck, he is practically limited to about a 32' 5th wheel trailer due to the GVWR and trucks rear axle GAWR. He need to weigh the truck as loaded for a trip and full fuel. Add 200# for the 5er hitch.

Then he can see how much pin weight and trailer weight he can tow.

Have fun looking.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Archived