Grease Gun Coupler

kyote

FWIW

Here is a great addition to your tool box, if you don't already have one. This coupler has a lever to either lock it's jaws onto the zerk or RELEASE the jaws from the zerk. Release being the operative word here. I have a coffee can full of broken couplers, most with blood on them from pulling ,prying, etc.on them just before they broke.

Plus, because of the way the jaws operate, they'll fit both SAE and Metric, which is a bonus for me because I have both in my stable. You can find them in several places on the web. http://locknlube.com/

I hope this will be of use to some of you.

Al

Maybe good for the OP , but I really don't have a need for it . In more than 50 years of greasing things , I've never broken a zerk or a coupler .

Now , if he wanted to give me one as a door prize or Christmas present , I'd say thank you . But there's not a chance I'd spend 30 bucks or more for one .

Just my 2¢ .

Goes around , comes around .

Guest Lostinaz

It's a little expensive, but not so much about breaking grease fittings but more about lying under the truck trying to keep it on a fitting like a slip yoke and having it come off, cussing at it and getting aggravated and such.

I have one that you tighten up the threads to lock it on, but it's a pain and is too big to fit everywhere.

I'm thinking it might be good to lock on different attachments like those pointed needles for 4-wheeled vehicle u-joints where you are trying to keep it all together and it ends up leaking grease. They do offer a 30 day trial in case you don't like it; I might try one out, even though it is expensive.

It's a little expensive, but not so much about breaking grease fittings but more about lying under the truck trying to keep it on a fitting like a slip yoke and having it come off, cussing at it and getting aggravated and such.

I have one that you tighten up the threads to lock it on, but it's a pain and is too big to fit everywhere.

I'm thinking it might be good to lock on different attachments like those pointed needles for 4-wheeled vehicle u-joints where you are trying to keep it all together and it ends up leaking grease. They do offer a 30 day trial in case you don't like it; I might try one out, even though it is expensive.

X2 I hope it works as advertised as I just bought one

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

I do a fair amount of greasing. Some things here on the farm have over 100 fittings. While that "tool" looks interesting, I can see that there would be a lot of places it wouldn't fit, making a second grease gun necessary.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lostinaz

I bought it, it was expensive, but I want to spend my money before I croak and enjoy it while I am alive.

All that aside, I am glad I bought it and a 36" grease gun hose, instead of the 18" I always used.

Greasing has never been easier and not messy or aggravating.

Pretty nice to hook it on a fitting and have it stay.

Comes off easily too.

I'd like to get it but I'm really gun shy about using a credit card that's tied to my bank account. If you can build a web site, you can surely set up PayPal in order to provide your customers a degree of protection against fraud.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Get one of the American Express BlueBird prepaid cards - Cost nothing, no "approvals", No fees, & card is embossed with your name. And can be funded at any WalMart cashier with cash or from another debit card or by depositing a check from your smartphone.

Can be used online, & at ATMs and there is no overdraft - they just reject the charge - so your only at risk to the limit of your funding level.

I'd like to get it but I'm really gun shy about using a credit card that's tied to my bank account. If you can build a web site, you can surely set up PayPal in order to provide your customers a degree of protection against fraud.

Buy it from Amazon and use PayPal there. Just enter Locknlube in the search field, it's available, that's how I got mine.:)

http://www.amazon.com/LockNLube-Grease-Gun-Coupler-Lock-/dp/B00H7LPKKU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420551492&sr=8-1&keywords=locknlube

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Buy it from Amazon and use PayPal there. Just enter Locknlube in the search field, it's available, that's how I got mine. :)

http://www.amazon.com/LockNLube-Grease-Gun-Coupler-Lock-/dp/B00H7LPKKU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420551492&sr=8-1&keywords=locknlube

Excellent idea! Thanks.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

If you want to protect yourself from credit card mischief, a free solution is to open a second account with your regular bank and transfer funds only when using the card. That way there is never any funds for the shucksters to tap into. Also on any online or phone orders, have then run the transactions as credit rather than under the ATM system. This gives you Visa or Mastercard protection making charge backs easier should the need arise.

If you want to protect yourself from credit card mischief, a free solution is to open a second account with your regular bank and transfer funds only when using the card. That way there is never any funds for the shucksters to tap into. Also on any online or phone orders, have then run the transactions as credit rather than under the ATM system. This gives you Visa or Mastercard protection making charge backs easier should the need arise.

Just make sure you specifically decline overdraft protection on that account. How can they "run the transaction as credit" when it is a debit card attached to the account. If you authorize the issuance of the card as a credit card, you are accepting some line of credit on that card and any bogus charges would go through against your line of credit regardless of whether you had any money in the connected bank account.

So keep the card as a debit only card only with NO Credit Limit (It still has the Visa/MC Logo and will work the same). Then any attempted charges for which funds are not available and if you declined overdraft protection will be declined. (Make sure your bank doesn't charge an overdraft fee for declined charges.)

But why jeopardize your banking relationship when there is a better solution - check out the American Express BlueBird prepaid card.

Archived