The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have reservations May 2-15 at Cherry Creek SP in Denver...check it out!

Two Roosters? Dang few like us!

Safe roads to you too...Roger

Roger and Lynn,

We'll be at Cherry Creek SP starting 4/22 for 2 weeks in the Gold Rush Loop. Leaving the morning of 5/6 moving up to Boyd Lake SP through 5/14. See y'all there. Safe travels. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Freddy

D and I plan to be at The Ranch until March 18 or 20. May stay longer if you come by. I need to be in Amarillo by the 26 th.

Glyn

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Whew! Had a pretty close call today. It's amazing after all the big cities and traffic we have been through, the one place that almost got us was a small town in Texas. We were just driving through the town of Teague, pop 3500 or so and the main street was four lane. We were in the right lane going about 25mph when I noticed a couple of cars trying to turn left from the left lane. I took my foot off the gas and then, all of a sudden another car came up behind the two that were turning left, going too fast and decided to take my lane. Here she came and I slammed on the brakes! It was a toss-up as to whether we would slow down enough before she wound up in front of us or not. I was waiting for the impact and the car looked like it was going to hit, but it missed! Don't know how, but old "BessyBus" has some pretty good binders for being almost 40,000 lbs. Now we did shake a few things loose in the bus, but not too bad considering. I did lay on the air horns pretty hard, so she knew she had pulled in front of a train, but she deserved it. Now we're parked at an RV park waiting to get into MCD on Sunday and mixing a large drink!!!! Don't need any more of that for a while. Hmmmm now do I dare open the fridge!!! :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Whew! Had a pretty close call today. It's amazing after all the big cities and traffic we have been through, the one place that almost got us was a small town in Texas. We were just driving through the town of Teague, pop 3500 or so and the main street was four lane. We were in the right lane going about 25mph when I noticed a couple of cars trying to turn left from the left lane. I took my foot off the gas and then, all of a sudden another car came up behind the two that were turning left, going too fast and decided to take my lane. Here she came and I slammed on the brakes! It was a toss-up as to whether we would slow down enough before she wound up in front of us or not. I was waiting for the impact and the car looked like it was going to hit, but it missed! Don't know how, but old "BessyBus" has some pretty good binders for being almost 40,000 lbs. Now we did shake a few things loose in the bus, but not too bad considering. I did lay on the air horns pretty hard, so she knew she had pulled in front of a train, but she deserved it. Now we're parked at an RV park waiting to get into MCD on Sunday and mixing a large drink!!!! Don't need any more of that for a while. Hmmmm now do I dare open the fridge!!! :lol:

Hell, I know your fridge. It is always so full nothing could move around. Go ahead!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

The weather outside is stormy! We were both napping and the wind came up. Awning was out. Battery did not have enough in it to retract the awning. By now it's flapping and banging. I hold it (barely) while Doug starts the generator. Shoooot! it doesn't start. Needs oil. Finally starts and we get the awning in. Disaster avoided. We are so relieved. It felt like in the movies when the Dad is yelling "To the cellar Buddy, to the cellar"!

On another note. Talk about conservation. I put a clean bucket under the rain drips off the awning and collected about 8 gallons of water. in about an hour. Yeah I know that's only about $2.00 worth of water but it will save us a day of going to fetch more.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Glad you two came out good on your close calls. Sounds way too exciting to me.

We went and donated blood this afternoon. Tina didn't pass out this time thank goodness. Going to be an overcast and wet weekend. Later.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Rained all day. Very nice it promises to be a beautiful flower season. Jin doesn't like thunder so I cleaned the trailer and let him fight with the vacumn cleaner. :lol: With the storms moving out and maybe I can get in a nice view of Jupiter moons tonight.

Together we, Ranger and Jin

www.desertbandanna.com - The

Heartland North Country RETS31
2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty, Ext Cab, Dually 4x4, 7.3l diesel.

I met with Freddy and Delcie for dinner tonight. Boy did we have a long talk. It's a wonder they didn't throw us out of the restaurant. I sure like those folks. But all your ears should be ringing at about 100 db.

The weather hasn't been the best today. 25 to 30 mph winds and a pretty good rain storm. The rain kept the wind from blowing dust so that suited me just fine. The gang from the ranch went to a pizza place about 10 miles out of town. I am sure glad I went elsewhere with Freddy and Delcie. I don't think my stomach could stand any more pizza this month. I've already been out there 3 times with the cowgirls. Sunday the gang is planning to go to Hatch, NM for BBQ and music. At the card game last night I mentioned that I might go to Hatch Sunday also but if I do I'll drive because I don't want to stay all afternoon. Immediately I had 5 cowgirls ask if they could ride with me. Well lets see I can put one in the passenger seat and two on the jump seats, one might ride on the hood as a hood orniment but where could I put the fifth one. May she could drive and I could stay home and enjoy the peace and quiet. Hummm. I don't even know if I'm going or not yet. I think my reputation for picking up the tab is getting to be too well known here. Naw, I know it's my good looks. LOL

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Roger and Lynn,

We'll be at Cherry Creek SP starting 4/22 for 2 weeks in the Gold Rush Loop. Leaving the morning of 5/6 moving up to Boyd Lake SP through 5/14. See y'all there. Safe travels. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Looks like we will be in the Denver area in May Too - look forward to seeing everyone while we are all in the area.

Plan arrive in Denver by mid April and then fly to Florida for Mike to have eye surgery - back into Denver on April 30th and will stay in the area for first few weeks of May.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Well, hello all... seems time for us to jump in on the Denver discussion. Appears the Denver area is a happening place for many in April and May. As some of you already know, we are planning to be in that area, also, from mid-April to mid-May. Kids in Ft. Collins and Cheyenne,WY... a gem & mineral show in Denver 4/29-21 (like Tom needs more weight/rocks in our rig?). Anyway, will be fun to get together with those of you who are also there! Let's stay connected! We are having a ball here in Benson with Nancy & Dave, Lynn & Roger... now, just last night, new friends from Boot Camp have arrived. And to think, we wondered what life would be like out here on the road [alone] fulltiming! You Q people gave us a great start, and all the connections since have been amazing! Many blessings!

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

I/we love to read your stories, Lee! If you are still in the Deming/City of Rocks area around March 20th, we'd love to catch up with you... NO pizza! Keep on having fun!

I met with Freddy and Delcie for dinner tonight. Boy did we have a long talk. It's a wonder they didn't throw us out of the restaurant. I sure like those folks. But all your ears should be ringing at about 100 db.

The weather hasn't been the best today. 25 to 30 mph winds and a pretty good rain storm. The rain kept the wind from blowing dust so that suited me just fine. The gang from the ranch went to a pizza place about 10 miles out of town. I am sure glad I went elsewhere with Freddy and Delcie. I don't think my stomach could stand any more pizza this month. I've already been out there 3 times with the cowgirls. Sunday the gang is planning to go to Hatch, NM for BBQ and music. At the card game last night I mentioned that I might go to Hatch Sunday also but if I do I'll drive because I don't want to stay all afternoon. Immediately I had 5 cowgirls ask if they could ride with me. Well lets see I can put one in the passenger seat and two on the jump seats, one might ride on the hood as a hood orniment but where could I put the fifth one. May she could drive and I could stay home and enjoy the peace and quiet. Hummm. I don't even know if I'm going or not yet. I think my reputation for picking up the tab is getting to be too well known here. Naw, I know it's my good looks. LOL

Tom & Dianne Wartman
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

Thought I'd add that after Cherry Creek we're going to Boyd Lake SP in Loveland to get ready for our daughter's wedding on 5/11. After the weeding will bounce between Boyd Lake and St. Vrain S P then probably South Dakota for Memorial Day.

Cherry Creek S P is about 20 miles from our last house. We never camped there until last fall and lived in the area for 39 yrs. It will be good to see everyone. The more the merrier. Later.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Guest coldsmoke

well next week we leave las vegas !!!!! BUT WE HEADING EAST ?? we have a family emeergency and we have to get to myrtle beach sc as fast as nellie bell can be pushed.. bad ending maybe for a long winter.. brother in icu , may be put on life support next week.

so not looking forward to this long haul.

we will keep in touch

mike and deb

So sorry to hear you have a family tragedy to deal with... will keep good thoughts for you. Travel safely!

well next week we leave las vegas !!!!! BUT WE HEADING EAST ?? we have a family emeergency and we have to get to myrtle beach sc as fast as nellie bell can be pushed.. bad ending maybe for a long winter.. brother in icu , may be put on life support next week.

we will keep in touch

mike and deb

Tom & Dianne Wartman
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

Mike sorry to hear about your brother. We'll be thinking about y'all. Be safe. Later.

Tina and Jeff

we will keep in touch

mike and deb

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

we will keep in touch

mike and deb

Sorry about your brother.

You will be passing within 10 miles of us so we will wave as you do. Maybe next time!

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Mike & Deb, our prayers are with you and your brother. Have a safe trip across country. Steve & Carol

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hi guys,

Sorry that we hadn't replied earlier...we have not received any e-mail notices that there was any forum activity the past few days. I was talking to Tom a bit ago this a.m. and he told me about the new format and all the chat going on. I guess that something happened to my alert settings?

Anyhow, it will be great to see you and perhaps others in Denver! We will be at Cherry Creek (lot 22, Coyote Loop) starting May 2nd for a couple weeks. We're gonna be leaving Benson on the 17th and start slowly working our way north thru Utah. Hope the weather cooperates!

See you all then! :D

Roger

Roger and Lynn,

Tina and Jeff

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Hey Coldsmoke, Sorry, about your brother's problems, I know he will get through this and be up and running again soon. The stories you tell will make sure he get's out of that Hospital bed and makes an Escape as soon as possible. Keep your chin up man.

I drove up to City of Rocks today. I wanted to see if they have done anything about the unlevel sites and bumpy roads. They haven't. So, instead of going there when I leave Deming I think I'll go down to Poncho Villa SP in Columbus instead. It's a real nice park but right on the Mexican border. Not much there in the way of grocery stores or restaurants but I'll survive. Maybe I'll find a Seniorita to cook my meals and wipe my brow. Naw, come to think of it, it's been too darn cold to have anything on my brow to wipe.

The weather procastinator says we are going to hit the high 70's this week. I'm ready, I have a long list of things to complain about for Hot Weather and haven't be able to use any of them lately. Today was nice but only got up to about 57. there was no wind for a change so even that cool temperature didn't feel too bad.

Tomorrow, Freddy and Delcie want to have dinner again before they have to pull out and go their merry way. They are thinking about going to Si Senior's restaurant. There Mexican food has always been good and they top it off with free sopapia (spelling??) after the meal. I hope they do well tomorrow night.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Mike and Deb -- so sorry to hear about your brother. Keep us posted. Our thoughts and prayers go with you!!

With this new facelift here I didn't realize it'd been a whlle since I posted. Lots of activity going on and not all good stuff.

We're sitting in Parker for another 5, 6 or 7 days. We haven't decided when yet but slowly pushing north .... slowly. We visited Quartzsite today. It looks very different than it did just a short time ago. That's all I know, folks. Be careful out there.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Now in Glendale AZ. Thanks to a USAF vet who knows my story I now have a permanent domicle complete with mail forwarding and the whole nine yards so I don't have to restablish myself anywhere. His wife is one of my service dog students. The trailer is sitting in the drive but with only one slide out; Still I'm comfortable and I have hgh speed internet. Still working on warranty issures but other plans have a higher priority at the moment.

Together we, Ranger and Jin

www.desertbandanna.com - The

Heartland North Country RETS31
2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty, Ext Cab, Dually 4x4, 7.3l diesel.