The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Tom and Dianne, Glyn and I leave Q on Monday headed to the fairgrounds too. Then Costco for a fill up. This gives you plenty of notice so you can hide before we get there. LOL. we'll look you up when we get settled. Have you found a place for everything yet? See you soon D and Pa too.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking I wanted to park next to Toni too. I'd buy the food if she'd cook for us every night too! What a deal we had and we didn't know it. Lucky Linda! :D

Thank you friends. And I think I got a deal. I love to cook and even more..... I love to show off.:wub:C'mon over.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Been looking for a reason to chime in as part of the classless class. Tina and Jeff, we're at Buckhorn, too!

We'll be on the lookout for y'all!

Safe travels!

Mary

Do you need a reason???? I've never had a reason. Just chime in anyway.

I took the LOW International President out to dinner at the Adobe Deli tonight. When I ask the server to bring the check, she motioned to another girl and she brought a long stem rose and some chocolate covered strawberries for the lady. I hope she dont think I arranged that. I might be in trouble.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

No... we won't hide! Will be fun to see you both again... we are out back in the dry camping area, and only one other rig here. So, be careful on the road and we'll look forward to seeing you Monday! D & T

Tom and Dianne, Glyn and I leave Q on Monday headed to the fairgrounds too. Then Costco for a fill up. This gives you plenty of notice so you can hide before we get there. LOL. we'll look you up when we get settled. Have you found a place for everything yet? See you soon D and Pa too.

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

Been looking for a reason to chime in as part of the classless class. Tina and Jeff, we're at Buckhorn, too!

We'll be on the lookout for y'all!

Safe travels!

Mary

Paul and Mary, we are in space 6051. The Buckhorn is a beautiful place. Leaving Monday for parts unknown. We'll be looking out for y'all too. Be safe.

Later,

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Tonight was LEO (Lets Eat Out) a group of us went to El Rays meat market (and restaurant) for a good steak and even better conversations. I emjoyed the evening. I'm back at my rig now catching up on my thumb twirling.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Today I sat up my coleman camp stove outside and loose fried a bunch of ground turkey. I put half in the frig so it will be easy to add to veggies for meals. Thats the only way i can figure out to get pre-cooked meat that isn't loaded with salt. I froze the rest in single serving portions. While I had the stove set up, I cooked a bunch of onions and mushroons to make it easy to flavor stuff I fix in the microwave. That was the high point of my day. I think I need to get a life

Today I sat up my coleman camp stove outside and loose fried a bunch of ground turkey. I put half in the frig so it will be easy to add to veggies for meals. Thats the only way i can figure out to get pre-cooked meat that isn't loaded with salt. I froze the rest in single serving portions. While I had the stove set up, I cooked a bunch of onions and mushroons to make it easy to flavor stuff I fix in the microwave. That was the high point of my day. I think I need to get a life

Be careful not to go too low on the salt. That can leave you with an iodine shortage which will then mess up your thyroid. I may have said this before but Dave's Dad got bit big time by not eating enough salt so when people start sounding obsessive about low salt I get a bit worried.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We had the great pleasure of meeting Tina and Jeff today. Good folks! This class-less class has some great classmates!

Safe travels!

Mary and Paul

It's alot of fun to meet classmates on the road. The world got small again when we talked. Paul and I graduated from the same high school in Overland Park, Ks. but 4 yrs. a part and they lived in my old neighborhood in Lenexa, Ks. years after I left. Lots to talk about. Small world for sure. This Class-less Class is a friendly group and we are glad to be a part of it.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We had the great pleasure of meeting Tina and Jeff today. Good folks! This class-less class has some great classmates!

Safe travels!

Mary and Paul

I sent you guys a PM.

We definitely have great classmates and it's so neat when you get to meet up with them on the road. I think I finally have internet again. Only time will tell if it lasts. Jim's been fishing. We see the oncologist tomorrow for a three month check up. Hoping for the same great news that Terry got.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Be careful not to go too low on the salt. That can leave you with an iodine shortage which will then mess up your thyroid. I may have said this before but Dave's Dad got bit big time by not eating enough salt so when people start sounding obsessive about low salt I get a bit worried.

Linda

I watch salt in most foods so I don't have to give up others that are naturally salty, like cheese. Today I made a bowl with canned beans. They are loaded with salt. So, I added a can of no salt diced tomatoes and some of the no salt turkey I fixed yesterday. Then added some no salt. Onions and mushroons with garlic powder. It was good and the over all salt content was moderate. I figure I get about 1500mg of salt a day.

I had good intentions today but every thing I tried to do, I found I needed something from the store. It being Sunday I ended up doing nothing.

OK, got a question. What is the best time if year, and why, to visit the Grand Canyon?

You think some of us have been there so many times we have a favorite time?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

OK, got a question. What is the best time if year, and why, to visit the Grand Canyon?

I'm asking for a retired friend, so travel is not restricted to any particular time frame.

Joe

We have no favourite as we haven't been. Too cold on the way down, too cold on the way back. So not March and not October.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Guest coldsmoke

I'm asking for a retired friend, so travel is not restricted to any particular time frame.

Joe

joe, we went the end of march last year , and it was great, small groups of folks, not crowded like it is in summer. and cool weather , 60s , so we liked it then.

also october is really good to. little warmer then 60s, not crowded to bad either

mike

Edited by coldsmoke

Joe

We were there around the first of May. It was really good. Temps were really good. We only walked the south rim so not sure what the temp was down below.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

I have relatives who live in Phoenix. Went to the Grand Canyon in mid may and another time in July. The weather was beautiful in July , wore light jackets when we were there in May. Went during the week, so wasn't that crowded either time, but more crowded in July than in May.

Pat DeJong

Joe

Any time from June to September. The elevation of Grand Canyon City is up above 7000 feet. You can get snowed in there from Oct to late Apr. The one draw back is, It's crowed durning the summer months and you might spend most of the days trying to get into the park. They only allow so many in at a time. Winter time will usually get you in without a wait but when the canyon is all white it really isn't very pretty. I used to live in Flagstaff and Had the Janitor supply contract for Grand Canyon City and the School system. I went up twice a week summer and winter, weather permitting. That was before the long lines and restricted entry.

Today I worked on the back of my truck a little. Then this evening we attended a free chicken dinner after listening to a pitch by MASA. The Air and Ground ambulance service for full RV'ers and others. It's more like an insurance thing. It looks pretty good but I still don't know if I want to get it. They don't pressure you they just have you listen to a 20 minute talk then give you an application to send in if you want to join. The chicken was good old Wal-Mart special.

Joe

We have gone in summer and spring - best part about spring is fewer people. We like that they have closed off part of the road and you have to take shuttle buses to the over looks - you can hop off the bus and hike the rim to the next overlook (distance varies) It really gives you a chance to be alone ( well mostly) along the rim.

Lastly - the North Rim is very different from the south rim - not as crowded - but is closed in Winter - usually mid May before it opens - also - not many places to stay so have to plan ahead to visit the north rim.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Howdy!

We're back in Benson, after being stuck in Nacogdoches (TX) for 3 months, getting the rig painted, adding stuff, fixing stuff. Great to be able to move again, though. we'll be here until at least Mar 15th, since we have annual doctor & dentist appointments in Tucson. Great to be back in dry country again. Nacogdoches was rainy a lot of the time.

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/

We were there in January, no fighting crowds at that time. Only 3 other rigs in the campground. Carol took the mule ride to the bottom (scared her to death), but I couldn't go because of their weight limit of 200#. They told me I would have to "carry the mule". Hmmmmmm Cold, down to zero at night, but up in the 40's in the daytime. Used a heat tape on my water line, and everything else was ok. They didn't have the area for shuttle busses closed, so you could drive all the way along the rim and park where you wanted too. Everything else was open. That was the spring of 09, the year we first met with everyone at "Q", great memories...Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Cloudy and windy today. I did a bit of work on my truck this morning though before the wind started blowing. By the time the winds came, I was beat so, I needed the down time anyway. The clouds are pretty thick. It's 2:30 PM and my batteries are still not up to full charge but very close. If it gets any darker I'll need a flash light to see if the sun is out.

Good to see Shadowtracks post again. I think I'll loan him my rig so I can get it all spiffied up too. Come on Dave I need you to help control Steve or at least keep him awake.