Where to hang a commercial trailer connector and glad hands

GlennWest

I use the commercial truck electrical plug on my fithwheel. and also use air for my Blu dot system brakes. Where you guys hang yours plugs and gladhands.at? I orginally used the plastic one that was on back of truck. Transfered it to Teton pin box. Could not though get all the bolts needed in it and it broke off. 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I hang my air hoses from the pin box and hook them together to keep nest building insects out.  I loop the electrical plug through the rear of the pin box too.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

If I remember correctly, David H made all his connections plug in/removable on both sides (truck/trailer). Takes the hoses/cables off and puts them in a compartment on the truck. I think I have a pic somewhere. Found it. 

kAalCUnl.png

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

I had the curly plastic ones when I first got my Spacecraft. Had to buy at the local Truck stop in Concordia. First mistake.  They lasted  a couple years. I had Glad Hands on both ends and took the hoses off and stored them in my garage (climate controlled) between moves. 

Even with maybe 10 total trips and being outside in the elements only during those trips. I was hooking up at the HDT Rally in Hutch and one of the hoses snapped in my hand. Thankfully another member was close by and had yet loaded his jeep and he took me to the local truck stop where I bought two sets of curly hoses. Second Mistake. 

I now have the hoses on a spring. Much more heavy duty and while I can still take them off and bring them inside I have only done it once. If I am staying in a place where I can't protect them from the afternoon sun I will probably remove them, but so far I've been good. I do always put the "Protectors" on the open glad hands as soon as I remove a hose. Do not want a nest inside my hose ever. I'm not sure if I yet have the best position on the truck. I've changed it a lot. I cannot change it on my trailer, but it's in a typical position for ease of use. Drivers side front corner. A middle position would allow for shorter hoses and electric line, but then the hook up would require climbing on the truck. Billions of over the road miles with commercial operations have put the connections though the mill already so I'm not going to try and change. It would be wonderful for a no touch connection incorporated with the commercial place though. In case someone does want to reinvent the wheel. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.