Roof leak "Final Solution" ?

ARGO

very heavy I thought. 

2000 National RV Sea Breeze 5th wheel 30ft.

So.California

1950 F1 street rod

1949 F1 stock V8 flathead

1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed shortened frame.

1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame

1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, king coil-overs,etc

1970 Baha Bug wihg 2332cc, King coil overs and everything else there is.

1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins, turbo, trans, injectors, lockers, bigger turbo,edge EZ upgrades for towing 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

RV ROOF .com  Expensive but great produce.  DO some reading before you move forward. There is another rv roof but it is just rolled on so be ware.

2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald   C-12 Cat 505 HP

2014 Volvo 630 D-13 I Shift SOLD

2017 New Horizons SOLD

Just got a quote from local spray-on guy, 7 large for 38' fiver.  Dividing 7G by years I expect to continue to drive plus questionable resale value added to a 13YO coach doesn't factor out well. 

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

Your math seems to work correctly.  Big investment on an older trailer.  Of course, it also depends on what that trailer is doing for you.  If it a premium brand, no longer made, and its your home, then forget about ROI, protect your home.

I have done RV roofs with several products and have learned what and how to do it successfully.  Of course, this also assumes that you are looking at DIY or independent installation.  National companies or those supported by that network will be in that budget price.

I have not really been too confident with spray on mostly because they lay it on.  Rolled on products have the benefit of getting the product worked into small and difficult to reach places increasing the coverage efficiency.  But many other factors apply.  I have a 33' and 38' 5er I own that I will be doing during this Stay At Home period, assuming I dont get sick.

Marcel

I put a rolled on cover on our 5er roof about 10 years ago and recovered it last year with a light coat.  I am happy with it.  Covered many of the seams and a couple of small tears with eternabond and rolled the roof over that.  It has held up well and lots cheaper than a new roof.  As with anything like that preparation seems to be the most important step.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

A few years ago one of the people we RV with had Rino Liner installed on his roof and it was thick and heavy and after two years it cracked and had to be replaced under warranty, then it happened again but this time that installer was out of business so he had a new roof installed. Bed liners aren't designed for the roof flex on a RV. Mine is gettinng close to needing attention but the rubber is still in good shape with no leaks just getting a lot of black spots were the rubber is showing, my plan is to coat with Liquid Roof.

Denny 

Edited by D&J

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

6 hours ago, D&J said:

A few years ago one of the people we RV with had Rino Liner installed on his roof and it was thick and heavy and after two years it cracked and had to be replaced under warranty, then it happened again but this time that installer was out of business so he had a new roof installed. Bed liners aren't designed for the roof flex on a RV. Mine is gettinng close to needing attention but the rubber is still in good shape with no leaks just getting a lot of black spots were the rubber is showing, my plan is to coat with Liquid Roof.

Denny 

Liquid Roof is what I used.  Our roof was about 75% black.  As I posted above that was 10 years ago and we are happy with it.  I think preparation is the key.  Hope it also meets your expectations.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

3 hours ago, Randyretired said:

Liquid Roof is what I used.  Our roof was about 75% black.  As I posted above that was 10 years ago and we are happy with it.  I think preparation is the key.  Hope it also meets your expectations.

I was up on mine today giving it it's spring cleaning before we put it away for the summer and I was planning on doing it next year but the way it looks it may be this summer.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

I'm planning on using Henry 887 tropi-cool  on our MH roof this spring/summer. Can't go camping, might as well work on the MH for when the crisis is over.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 4 weeks later...

The problem with Heng's, Henry, and Liquid Roof is that you still have to caulk all the roof penetrations.  And, that caulking can crack or degrade at any time, leaving you with a roof leak.  That is why I went with RV Roof.com.  I don't ever have to go up on the roof again, because there is no caulking.  It is completely sealed, and extremely tough.  I had mine done at the Denton, TX RVRoof.com, and it cost just slightly more than replacing with a new rubber roof.  It also comes with a lifetime, no leak guarantee.  Fix it once, and fix it right.

2002 NuWa HitchHiker II 31 FKTG, Onan Generator, HWH Levelling, RVFlexArmor roof

2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, SRW, 8.1L

B&W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch

Me and Mama and the fur-kid:
Prince - chihuahua-pug mix

I can't the roof myself for several years.  A couple of years back I got a roll  on job from a small local business that seemed to be reputable and knowledgeable. He used Hengs and he did a prep. It appeared to be a good job but it did not last more than a year.  As I have looked into this I think his prep was faulty and now I am dealing with it for the last 2 years the best I can working off an 8ft step ladder reaching in as far as I can.  I have been "chasing" issues sporadically and early on I found that proper prep is the vital.  In my case I have used alcohol and scrubbing followed by a good rinse with clean water.  I am about to have to try and deal with a new spot any day now as soon as it warms up enough. Now my problem is I can't get any alcohol because of the corvid19 situation.  Anyone with actual experience have any suggestions on what I can use as an alternate?  BTW I definitely learned that weather and temprature  has to be right if you can't do it under cover, which I can't.

I don't think the guy I dealt with was a crook but do think he was incompetent in his own way.