beemergary

How to attach photo

So I wonder how Pat&Pete saw the non-shared Camping World Prices photo???

ANd you are right - Goggle totally screwed up the photo management they used to have. ....it used to be easy to use and effective. Now it is hard to use, and a mystery.

1 hour ago, Jack Mayer said:

So I wonder how Pat&Pete saw the non-shared Camping World Prices photo???

ANd you are right - Goggle totally screwed up the photo management they used to have. ....it used to be easy to use and effective. Now it is hard to use, and a mystery.

Just to add to the mystery , this morning I went back and looked at CW pic again . It shows a box with the supposed link in it and when I try to open that in a new tab , I get the negative sign in a circle . 

I must be missing something.  I'm trying to add a picture to a post.  Directly inserting an image is limited to 0.1MB (100k), which is a laughably tiny limit.  So, I tried instead to "Insert image from URL".  When I enter the URL (a public image in my Dropbox account) into the pop-up box, it just turns red, with no explanation why, and refuses to allow me to continue.

So, how do you get an externally hosted image to show up in a post on this site?

13 minutes ago, DesertMiner said:

Try this....

Unfortunately, that link doesn't work anymore.  Takes you to a Google support page.

EDIT:  hold on a sec, it worked the second time.  I'll give it a shot...

Edited by OregonJim

21 hours ago, OregonJim said:

I must be missing something.  I'm trying to add a picture to a post.  Directly inserting an image is limited to 0.1MB (100k), which is a laughably tiny limit.  So, I tried instead to "Insert image from URL".  When I enter the URL (a public image in my Dropbox account) into the pop-up box, it just turns red, with no explanation why, and refuses to allow me to continue.

So, how do you get an externally hosted image to show up in a post on this site?

I simply pasted the direct link for the pic below , with no tags , from my https://postimages.org account . 

screenshot-29.png