ECR Final Post

SuiteSuccess

Well folks less than 10 days til we meet in Crossville.  All registrants should have received a "newsletter " from the eastcoasthdtrally website.  Included is a welcome and brief outline of activities as well as a schedule for download.  Have to thank David Dixon once again for his work in moving us to an electronic format.  He is working on local broadcast ( sending a local signal to laptops or iPads) during the presentations but looks like that may be cost prohibitive. As of now, we now have 65 registered attendees.  As in a previous email, the t-shirts and name badges will be available on a self serve table at the office at check in on Saturday.  If you come in late Saturday or another day I will have them in the event tent.  We encourage everyone to wear your name tag around the campground so we can meet and greet.  Also please wear them for any event in the tent for the same reason.  Please everyone travel safely and see you soon.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carl thanks for everything. If you can, you may want to make the name tags two sided for when they flip over.

I will be in Friday from South Carolina but only to park the trailer and unload the car so I can go pick up the wife who is coming in from Minnesota. We should be back sometime Saturday.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

54 minutes ago, RickS said:

Carl, thank you and all the hard working people behind the scenes for putting on the ECR.

Rick,

You are welcome and thank you for recognizing this is a labor of love for all the volunteers (and there are always many volunteers).  Hope everyone attending understands no one gets paid for this rally, the National Rally, or the West Coast Rally.  All the rally fee money is invested in the rally save for a couple hundred dollar contingency account kept year by year for unexpected expenses.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

1 minute ago, Star Dreamer said:

Carl thanks for everything. If you can, you may want to make the name tags two sided for when they flip over.

I will be in Friday from South Carolina but only to park the trailer and unload the car so I can go pick up the wife who is coming in from Minnesota. We should be back sometime Saturday.

Dave

Dave,

Got you covered.  The name tags are two sided per a suggestion from last year.  Children's name tags will be clip-ons and one sided since lanyards could be dangerous for young children.  If someone wants a lanyard for their child and wishes to assume that responsibility let me know and they will be available.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I will be sending an email today to all attendees but wish to mention it here also.  At check-in we will be asking everyone to sign a liability waiver against any of the organizers or other volunteers assisting with the rally.  It is normally a part of the registration form but was inadvertently omitted when we converted to electronic forms.  Understand as I said above, no one receives any compensation for organizing or assisting with the rally.  This waiver does not include any waiver for Deer Run RV Resort.  If anyone has issues with this requirement please contact me at ecrcarl@gmail.com ASAP.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

37 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Carl, Is there any way I can get you to call my boss and tell them I'm and indispensable part of the Rally... you might need an extra extension cord again!

Jim,

Absolutely.  You know how much you guys are going to be missed.  It's nice that we have a large number of new folks coming this year but it's sad when we don't see members of the regular "family".

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I'm glad that Vicki and I met up with Alie and Jim a few weeks back. Wish they could have made it but I'm sure we will see them in Hutch. For all those attending, make sure you thank Carl and Donna for their effort. I think Carl like his thanks in little Mason fruit jars. See you soon.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

3 minutes ago, RickS said:

Carl, I'm working harder than I want and just waiting for a tow! Snow in the forecast for me.....can't wait to get on the road! :(

20170412_135757.jpg?t=1491943478 

20170412_134733.jpg~original

OMG Rick!  You're gonna need some down time in Tennessee.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

3 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

I'm glad that Vicki and I met up with Alie and Jim a few weeks back. Wish they could have made it but I'm sure we will see them in Hutch. For all those attending, make sure you thank Carl and Donna for their effort. I think Carl like his thanks in little Mason fruit jars. See you soon.

Surprisingly Dave I'm not much of a drinking man, but the "spirits tasting" night has always come up with some "nice" surprises, esp. GeoDogs offerings.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

11 minutes ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Surprisingly Dave I'm not much of a drinking man, but the "spirits tasting" night has always come up with some "nice" surprises, esp. GeoDogs offerings.

I know who has a bottle of Screech just for you!

Just watch out for Charlie.... he might take a little nap from time to time  lol

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

24 minutes ago, RickS said:

No much for that Screech!!!   :blink:

I've been introduced by Kevin and Ralf to Screech.  What were you Canadians thinking of?  Kissing the cod would be better.?  And Charlie did take a little nap.  It was just the soft guitar music Kevin and I were playing.?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

49 minutes ago, RickS said:

Carl, I'm working harder than I want and just waiting for a tow! Snow in the forecast for me.....can't wait to get on the road! :(

Rick, you need some gravel in that field.

We are so wet right now that my new addition to my driveway leading to my shop ruts up pretty good every time I pull the trailer in and out, but it isn't that bad.  I keep packing more and more gravel onto the driveway, but it isn't helping that much with all the water.  In the next week or so, my neighbor will be bringing over his new (to him) road compactor so I can really pack the gravel in tight.  Hopefully that will solve my problems.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Chad,
This is in my storage yard which is a dirt field basically. This is the first year at this place and will be getting some planks for the next season. Also, This is pretty early around here for anyone to be moving RV's. I usually am pulling out 3rd week in May for our first trip but Carl made me come to the ECR.... :)

23 minutes ago, SuiteSuccess said:

I've been introduced by Kevin and Ralf to Screech.  What were you Canadians thinking of?  Kissing the cod would be better.?  And Charlie did take a little nap.  It was just the soft guitar music Kevin and I were playing.?

Carl,
That stuff is more of an eastern Canadian thing......not my taste for sure! :)

1 hour ago, RickS said:

Been there done that.....a few times. Just plant corn in the ruts :) 

Kevin

If this rally keeps growing the way it is the Deer Run park will have to increase in size. I am out of the mud finally now on to more repairs and getting ready. I'll have to find someone at the ECR with one of those unlimited data Mobley's so I can watch the Edmonton Oiler's hockey team playoff run for the first time in 10 years. :)  Called AT&T and they didn't want any of us Canadians to have one.

Archived