The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ed has his cataract surgery yesterday and all went well. We go back this morning for a check up. Bad thing, he can't go to get new classes for a month and everything is still blurry in the eye but now for a different reason!!

Enjoy your stay at you nieces IYQ.

Glad to hear everything that IYQ made it safe and sound to his niece's house. Before we know it, hitch itch will set in and he'll be on his way back to someplace.

Also, glad to hear Ed's surgery went good yesterday. Take care and we'll see you real soon. Justin's short deployment this time was cancelled. He had been staying on the ship instead of in his house so no cell service. Didn't know we had arrived earlier than planned. However, he showed up at our place last night. We had thought we'd head back to Portland before he returned so now our plans change again and we'll head someplace before Memorial Day but have no idea where????

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Ed has his cataract surgery yesterday and all went well. We go back this morning for a check up. Bad thing, he can't go to get new classes for a month and everything is still blurry in the eye but now for a different reason!!

Enjoy your stay at you nieces IYQ.

Glad it went well. I went back on 4/22 for my one week check and all is good. My eye got dry over the weekend so I have to use a moisturizing drops too. Can resume normal activities (lifting, leaning over, etc.). I go back on 5/11 for final check and new prescription. I don't like messin' with readers.

We take the motorhome in for floor work on Monday and suppose to get it back by 5/8. Should be on the road again 5/12.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

When I tried to pull into my GG Nieces yard the mail box was so close to the drive that I would have wiped it out if I had continued. So I backed out into the road again to go down to the next corner where I could turn around and approach from the opposite direction. In doing so I bent one of the struts on my Hensley hitch. I called Hensley and they shipped a new strut out to me on Friday so I may be here longer than I had planned. That's OK with me cause the food here is top notch. My Niece got here Friday afternoon and her husband got here today. He is on his way to Ft. Lee VA. To wrap up a contract his old company had with the Army. The Forman that was in charge had an Emergency and had to leave prematurely. So the company ash him to come out of retirement to finish the job. He'll continue his trip tomorrow afternoon or Monday morning. The GG Niece had to head up an unexpected party this evening and won't get back home till about 1 AM But will not go back to the office until Tuesday morning . By then the strut should be here and it won't take but about half an hour to install it and align it and I'll be ready to roll again. I was going to go to Northern NM but I may go back to Deming and get my other Cataract removed so I can get some new glasses. I broke my good glasses before I came here but don't want to get new ones until I get rid of the other cataract. These old classes are not too bad but not too good either. One thing for sure I'll go back slower than I came.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Glad it went well. I went back on 4/22 for my one week check and all is good. My eye got dry over the weekend so I have to use a moisturizing drops too. Can resume normal activities (lifting, leaning over, etc.). I go back on 5/11 for final check and new prescription. I don't like messin' with readers.

We take the motorhome in for floor work on Monday and suppose to get it back by 5/8. Should be on the road again 5/12.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Wow...Ed was never told to avoid any bending over. He also is on a routine of eye drops for the next 3 weeks. He went back for his check the next day and everything is good. The only thing he doesn't like is having to wait another 3 weeks for his appointment with the optomitist for new glasses. He only had one eye done. His right eye is okay for now. He will have to get it done sometime, but doctor said the medicare won't pay until it gets worse.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Wow...Ed was never told to avoid any bending over. He also is on a routine of eye drops for the next 3 weeks. He went back for his check the next day and everything is good. The only thing he doesn't like is having to wait another 3 weeks for his appointment with the optomitist for new glasses. He only had one eye done. His right eye is okay for now. He will have to get it done sometime, but doctor said the medicare won't pay until it gets worse.

I had my right eye done 4 years ago. Different doctor, different procedure. First time they just gave me a pill to calm me down, no IV. This time I had an IV and they kind of put me under. My old glasses are 4 years old and still work ok but I'm not going to use them. We'll see how the new prescription differs

from the old.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

My GG Niece put on a roast pork loin dinner tonight. I think I just gained another 20 lbs. Boy was it good. It couldn't have been healthy it tasted way too good for heathy food. She is taking another day off tomorrow because it was 1 AM before she got the wedding party wrapped up last night and got he crew back home. That gal puts in way too many hours at work and she is on an anual salary. They just did the heritage classic golf tournament and she was down there the whole time Seeing that everything went well. One of the business owners found that she didn't get a bonus for all the time she spent and told her that was going to change as soon as he could arange a meeting with the other owners. They have been trying to get the Masters tournament but another larger catering firm seems to have that locked up. I told her to keep up the good work and the other company would be trying to get her away from the one she in managing now. She could parlay it into a nice pay raise. She's a hand on manager and gets right in there with her crew But then she has to bring all her office work home with her.

My strut for the hitch is scheduled to arrive Tuesday. I've pretty much decided to head back to Deming and get my cataract done so I can get some new glasses. If there is any summer left when I get that done then I'll try to find a cool place for the rest of the summer.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Glad you are having a nice visit, Lee (except the hitch issue).

We just had a mini road trip and are starting a major one tomorrow. We'll take the camper and head to MI to pick up our boat and rearrange our stuff in storage, prepping it for shipping when the time comes. Oh such fun. We have about 3 weeks or so to get it all done and be back in Havasu. Yikes.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I was going to go to Northern NM but I may go back to Deming and get my other

I see you've mentioned several times spending some time in northern NM this upcoming warm season. I've got a little place (house on 160 acres with electric, water, etc) in the middle of a bunch of large ranches in northern NM if you were interested in setting up there for a week or two or three. Look up Lindrith, NM. That's the local post office nearby.

Didn't do much today. Ordered a new fog light for the bus. Seems a rock took out the old one, and I finally looked to see how hard it was to change. Looks easy, but have you ever found an easy job on a RV? :rolleyes: As long as I was fussing with things, I exercised the generator, and dumped the tanks. Now I have to get set up for having the service done on the bus and generator. It's been nice weather here (read that no tornados) and we have had a few outings with our son & family. I'm still trying to get my cataracts done, so that is going to be the determining factor as to how long we will stay here. Looks like we will be heading for the northwest when ever we do break away. Lee the only problem I'm having with my hitch is it's (getting itchy)! I hope you get your new one installed with no problems. Well I have to make happy hour so signing off. Happy Travels Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I see you've mentioned several times spending some time in northern NM this upcoming warm season. I've got a little place (house on 160 acres with electric, water, etc) in the middle of a bunch of large ranches in northern NM if you were interested in setting up there for a week or two or three. Look up Lindrith, NM. That's the local post office nearby.

Thanks for the offer but I have decided to go back to Deming and get my eyes taken care of first. Then if there is much summer left I'll go north to test how much altitude I can handle with my breathing problems. I'll check your area out at that time. Lindrith is 7234 feet. I'm a little doubtful that I can take that. The last time I went to Heron lake near Chama I had a little bit of trouble getting enough oxygen. It's about the same altitude But didn't have any trouble at Las Vegas which is almost that high.

Edited by IYQ

I got the strut for my hitch and installed it today. I plan on heading back to Deming in the morning. With all the good byes I may not get a very early start but I'm in no hurry on the way back. I'll use the state and federal campgrounds and stay awhile in the ones I like. It's been a nice visit but I'm ready to get back on the road. Like Steve I'm getting an itch in my hitch So I'm going to scratch it. I'm ready to get back where you don't have to wring out the air before you can breath it. So get your kids off the street, here I come.

I got the strut for my hitch and installed it today. I plan on heading back to Deming in the morning. With all the good byes I may not get a very early start but I'm in no hurry on the way back. I'll use the state and federal campgrounds and stay awhile in the ones I like. It's been a nice visit but I'm ready to get back on the road. Like Steve I'm getting an itch in my hitch So I'm going to scratch it. I'm ready to get back where you don't have to wring out the air before you can breath it. So get your kids off the street, here I come.

You're ready to get back on the road? You just got there. We've been in Norfolk for a week and it feels good to know we're off the road for a few weeks. It might have something to do with staying where we're staying -- full hookups, beach, golf, bowling, kayaking -- and even Justin. Of course, feeding the "boy" is costing us a pretty penny but we're not buying fuel now so maybe that'll wipe out the food costs. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

You're ready to get back on the road? You just got there. We've been in Norfolk for a week and it feels good to know we're off the road for a few weeks. It might have something to do with staying where we're staying -- full hookups, beach, golf, bowling, kayaking -- and even Justin. Of course, feeding the "boy" is costing us a pretty penny but we're not buying fuel now so maybe that'll wipe out the food costs. :D

I can see the smile on you face all the way from here. Enjoy every minute of it. I'm glad Justin wasn't deployed again after all.

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. As I was pulling out of my GG Niece's yard this morning I messed up the back driver's side corner of my trailer. The gate is narrow and there is a culvert close to the road. The road is narrow. I pulled out across the road as far as I could (read in the opposite ditch.) Before turning but when I turned to go down the road the trailer slapped the gate and did a number on the corner cap and clearance light. When I stopped in a rest area to check my hitch the Diesel exhaust fluid gave a warning on the instrument panel. I had just filled it on my way over here. I looked and sure enough there was a puddle under where the tank is. There is a chevy place 22 miles down the road from here (Tallapoosa Ga) I'll leave the trailer here tomorrow morning and drive over there to see what can be done. The leak must be high in the tank because when I stopped tonight the leak had slowed way down. If I have to I'll just put in a gallon at a time and continue my trip watching the gauge closely. When I got to the park I'm staying in all the easy to get into sites were taken. They finally gave me one that was fairly level but I had to go around the oneway loop bakwards to get into it. I'll wait till I get to Deming to repair the trailer. I hope I don't get much rain

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

I'm thinking Murphy really has found you! You seem to be having enough bad luck for all the rest of us. If I said "be careful", would you listen? :D

We are in Sevierville, TN for another week and then to Wave, NC outer banks.

We are enjoying our new trailer.

We're in Virginia Beach so let us know if you travel through this area on your way to the Outer Banks!

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Dang it Lee, you better find a Buddha and rub it's belly good and hard.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

I got into Chevy this morning. They couldn't find any cracks in the DEF tank so the sent a man to the next town that had a dealer and borrowed a new sending unit from them and installed it. They said the little puddles that I kept seeing were probably from the A/C discharge. I bought an extra case of DEF fluid just incase. After that I went to the Wal-Mart in the town on the other side of here and restocked the frig. When I got home I replaced the damaged clearance light, readjusted my hitch struts now all I have to do is hook up and go. I don't like driving on weekends but I've had enough of this place. I'll make it a short day and try to get into the COE at Eutaw, AL tomorrow and rest up there for a couple of days

Dang, Lee, you must have dropped that rabbit foot you've been carrying around with you. You'd better get the scatter gun out and get another rabbit quick. :o

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Wanderin

We will be going I-40 East to US-64 to the banks. We will be there for a week. I have some lessons there. This RV Driving school gets me to new and exciting places.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

I'm at the Jennings Ferry COE camp ground near Eutaw, AL. It's a real nice CG as most COE's are. The only mis hap today was the posted coordinate for the CG were wrong by about 7 miles. I thought I may have entered them wrong but a quick check proved otherwise. When I back tracked I saw the sign for the turn off Which was infront of a store and gas station also named Jenning's Ferry. Confusing. I'll stay put for a couple of days and let that little black cloud over me drift on down the road and lock onto someone else.

STEVE: Your the one with the shotgun. How about some help with getting that new rabbit's foot. I tried crossing my fingers but dropped my coffee cup cause I couldn't hold onto it with my fingers crossed.

Lee,

I've been told it is not a good thing to top off your DEF. It messes up the measuring system that tells you when to refill it or something like that.

Linda

Paul says that with Ford and Chevy at least, it won't matter. Mercedes he isn't familiar with.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/