Classes of 2008 and 2009

Sure wish you guys would have kept your rain to yourselves. We had a few moments of sunshine and then your rain showed up very uninvited. Raining again this morning. Hope there's a museum or something we can do indoors today. Tomorrow is supposed to be almost sunny. Yea.

Well, well, the weather sure is crazy. Now you lucky Southern Travelers have rain and we have beautiful, getting close to HOT weather. Last night I cooked for brother and sister in law and it got awfully hot in here. Without power we had to rely on the sun eventually going down. It didn't until nearly 9:00 pm.

Mike - what the heck is a penguin sandwich?

Miss you all.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest coldsmoke

DANG MONTREAL !!!!!!!!! i think the NFL should go back to old school hockey,, the 1st 7 and thats it ?!!

just need some info from every one as to what internet service they use on the road ,, AT&T, verizon,, sprint ?? does any one use millenicom services ?

mike

DANG MONTREAL !!!!!!!!! i think the NFL should go back to old school hockey,, the 1st 7 and thats it ?!!

just need some info from every one as to what internet service they use on the road ,, AT&T, verizon,, sprint ?? does any one use millenicom services ?

mike

Mike - we have Verizon air card. Works great most of the time. A few places have such a weak signal I give up - or no signal at all like in Death Valley. But other than that, I am really happy with it.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

We started with Sprint but they kicked us off for too much roaming. Then we had Verizon but using too much bandwidth got expensive. Now we have Millenicom--so far, so good. Dave's iPhone, of course, uses AT&T. Let's see, is there anything we haven't used? :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We arrived at our summer spot northwest of Minneapolis and got settled in before the rains started. They're supposed to continue through next Monday so I'm glad we are parked.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well, well, the weather sure is crazy. Now you lucky Southern Travelers have rain and we have beautiful, getting close to HOT weather. Last night I cooked for brother and sister in law and it got awfully hot in here. Without power we had to rely on the sun eventually going down. It didn't until nearly 9:00 pm.

Mike - what the heck is a penguin sandwich?

Miss you all.

That was one of the questions we had...

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/

mike

We will consider Millenicom after our Verizon contracts ends next year. Note that their different options resell different carriers' airtime, and by contract, they are not allowed to say whose networks they are using. but the folks on the Internet Access (SKP) forum say that the 20 GB option where you buy your aircard from them is on Verizon. The other plans seem to be on different carriers. When I called to ask about the BYO (bring your own card) plan, I had both Verizon and AT&T cards to potentially use, but they said that only Sprint cards could be used for that plan.

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/

I use Verizon phone & data, it seems to have the best overall coverage out west. Some places an external antenna & amplifier really helps to make a weak signal into a good signal. If you're not already grandfathered under an original unlimited contract with Verizon, the Millenium 20 GB deal is better and still puts you on the Verizon network. Other Millenium plans do not use Verizon's network.

Jim

I use Verizon phone & data, it seems to have the best overall coverage out west. Some places an external antenna & amplifier really helps to make a weak signal into a good signal. If you're not already grandfathered under an original unlimited contract with Verizon, the Millenium 20 GB deal is better and still puts you on the Verizon network. Other Millenium plans do not use Verizon's network.

Mike,

We use Virgin because we can do Pay As You Go for internet. Easy to buy the time on-line. If you decide to do Virgin (hmm) let me know and I will give you the link to buy on-line minutes.

We traveled all the way down the East Coast and along the bottom and never had a no go place.

And I think you mean NHL

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

We have AT&T and have rarely had problems anyplace we've been. However, if we did, we'd still keep AT&T and just have two like the Sands. Our kids and their families have AT&T and one of my brothers has AT&T so we have the family plan and minutes don't count between us. That is also the only provider that works where we have our cabin.

Another gorgeous day in the beautiful Pacific NW. Yesterday we visited Mt. St. Helens and today we headed south and drove along the Columbia River. We also made a trip to the cabin and just stood there and looked at all the work we needed to do. Then, we drove off. Someone's got to do but it certainly wasn't going to be us on this trip. The weather isn't supposed to be as nice tomorrow but since the world is supposed to end, it shouldn't matter. :unsure: I'm just wondering if anyone with a brand new (and paid for) Prevost figures they won't need it after Saturday's big event so would be willing to unload it before 6:00 PM for a couple hundred bucks. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Hey all....it's been awhile.....I'm so behind! That's what I get for running around like a crazy person....I'm lucky to even check the weather once in a while. Speaking of which, here in Georgia it's really going to be heating up this weekend. We are forcast to be in the mid and upper 90s. I guess that's why we have a/c! I finally got around to updating my blog while doing laundry today. Heard from Toni on Facebook that she can't get see my blog? I don't know what may be wrong, I have my button on my toolbar and I can access it o.k. Any ideas? We are starting to get things around to head out of here on Tuesday next week. My jello has been stirred beyond belief! I was planning on roaming around the middle of the country, and the floods and tornadoes, etc. changed my plans for now. I am miss foofy chicken...sooooo....we are going to Titusville FL to wait for the shuttle to come down! From there we will head across Fl. and land in the Lazy Days parking lot for a few days and see what they can lie to us about. Then eventually will meander back up north. Was planning on stopping in Missouri and seeing some friends from Yuma and also in OK...to see Steve & Carol, but knowing the way this works, they will already be gone! I'm not liking the humidity...my Betsy got a bath today and it's just sweaty and miserable to work outside. Not caring for the bugs either! The No See 'ems....bite with a vengence! We have spent time on the coast and went to Augusta yesterday to just be in the same block as the Masters Golf Course and have a picture to say we were there. Visited the Museum and it was pretty nice. No plans for the weekend..need to go tell some folks goodbye. I'm ready to hit the road but we're paid til Tuesday. Hope all is well with ya all...now we'll see how this Florida plan works and if we get run up out of there with a hurricaine!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

We have AT&T and have rarely had problems anyplace we've been. However, if we did, we'd still keep AT&T and just have two like the Sands. Our kids and their families have AT&T and one of my brothers has AT&T so we have the family plan and minutes don't count between us. That is also the only provider that works where we have our cabin.

Another gorgeous day in the beautiful Pacific NW. Yesterday we visited Mt. St. Helens and today we headed south and drove along the Columbia River. We also made a trip to the cabin and just stood there and looked at all the work we needed to do. Then, we drove off. Someone's got to do but it certainly wasn't going to be us on this trip. The weather isn't supposed to be as nice tomorrow but since the world is supposed to end, it shouldn't matter. :unsure: I'm just wondering if anyone with a brand new (and paid for) Prevost figures they won't need it after Saturday's big event so would be willing to unload it before 6:00 PM for a couple hundred bucks. :rolleyes:

Hmmm.....I wonder. Just saying, we have construction guy and willing and able wife with nothing to do and no particular place to go.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Time to check in...Been an interesting week. Went to Belen for breakfast with one of the neighbors, and on to Wal-Mart. Managed to overstock the trailer. I must have been thinking of winter in Quartzsite. Came back, opened the gate, and started to unload the truck when I noticed a young horse near the north fence. I went and spoke to him and went back to unloading the truck. He walked around and came in the gate. There's no water within a few miles, so I went into the trailer and filled a bucket. He drank that one in one nose dive. Meanwhile Millie is starting to have a fit. She's afraid of the horse. I went in and refilled the bucket, came outside, and the horse was sorting out the groceries on the tailgate. I gave him the 2nd bucket and went back to carrying the groceries in. He stayed.

I talked with him a few minutes, scratched his ears, and went back inside. He took the hint and wandered back out the gate and went back to grazing. I guess I made a friend. What was interesting to me was there was no brand. I don't think there are any wild mustangs around here. The way he responded to me makes me think he is very accustomed to people. This is open range. I think someone just turned him out to graze.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

We are thinking about it. Seriously.

Keep me posted on this. Just might work out that I could wander down that way also. My WORK thing is slowly winding down.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Keep me posted on this. Just might work out that I could wander down that way also. My WORK thing is slowly winding down.

Joe

Toni and I have been emailing back and forth and a funny thing happened. She even mentioned YOU! Toni was thinking more likely the end of June. Let me know your schedule. We seem to have a lot more going on than what we thought we would this summer. Why is it always like that? We have Justin's graduation and one doctor appointment each week in June (4 of them) so we're kind of tied down ... a little bit. We're free in between those days but that's only a maybe. However, June may be better than July or August but we don't know.

Our daughter who lives in New Jersey, just accepted another position with her company and will be relocating to the Vancouver-Portland area (Yippee, Whoppee, Yahoo). She's taking a big cut in pay to get back over to the West coast. We're not sure how that's going to play out and if we'll be going back there to help or what. If they offer her the cash to move herself instead of a moving van, she'll take the money and we'll move her. The effective date of the transfer is June 13th but doubt she'll move that soon. In other words, we have no clue what's going to happen.

Lee and Loralie are in the area too. It'd really be nice if we could all get together while they are around.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Toni and I have been emailing back and forth and a funny thing happened. She even mentioned YOU! Toni was thinking more likely the end of June. Let me know your schedule. We seem to have a lot more going on than what we thought we would this summer. Why is it always like that? We have Justin's graduation and one doctor appointment each week in June (4 of them) so we're kind of tied down ... a little bit. We're free in between those days but that's only a maybe. However, June may be better than July or August but we don't know.

Our daughter who lives in New Jersey, just accepted another position with her company and will be relocating to the Vancouver-Portland area (Yippee, Whoppee, Yahoo). She's taking a big cut in pay to get back over to the West coast. We're not sure how that's going to play out and if we'll be going back there to help or what. If they offer her the cash to move herself instead of a moving van, she'll take the money and we'll move her. The effective date of the transfer is June 13th but doubt she'll move that soon. In other words, we have no clue what's going to happen.

Lee and Loralie are in the area too. It'd really be nice if we could all get together while they are around.

Schedule...................HAHAHAHAHA I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow let alone the end of June. :lol: However I'll keep you posted as to what might work for me as time goes.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Jeri - that is great news about your daughter. No more having to fly back to the East Coast in the middle of winter. Yea!!!

We had a great happy hour with Paul and Mary tonight and met some new friends, Sandy and John, Mike and Susan. This park is full of ATVs and four wheelers and all kinds of noisy "toys". Very interesting. Went to Arches National Park today and there must have been three million people there (slight exaggeration but not much). But the weather was beautiful and the Park is gorgeous.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

If any one is still out there...we didn't get rapture so we are heading for Oklahoma City this morning. Getting a real early start. Hopefully it is a little less windy! Enjoy your day.

Marsha Weaver

Full-Timing with our cat Bella

2005 Tiffin Phaeton: 2005 Jeep Liberty toad

Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com

SKP# 102686

Guest coldsmoke

Mike,

We use Virgin because we can do Pay As You Go for internet. Easy to buy the time on-line. If you decide to do Virgin (hmm) let me know and I will give you the link to buy on-line minutes.

We traveled all the way down the East Coast and along the bottom and never had a no go place.

And I think you mean NHL

cant believe is said NFL,,, good grief for a hockey nut that is a slap in the face, (slaps self)

mike

The weather cooperated long enough yesterday for Jim and I to drive out to the Anticline Overlook which looks out over Canyonlands. It's about 60 miles from Moab which meant that we were about the only people out there. Not like at Arches. We got to just mosey along and stop at all the view points and wander the paths at our speed which is slow. It was really nice. Today is iffy about the weather. Maybe rain, maybe not. We head out tomorrow towards Price and up to Vernal. Not sure how far we're going yet. Suppose I should be thinking about Memorial Day week-end because we may end up who knows where without a reservation. Oh well.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Jim & Sandie, sounds like my "speed" too. Great to find a place to explore without the crowds.

I made it back from Detroit with my "new to me" pickup truck. Glad I got through Joplin Mo on Saturday as the tornado really caused a lot of damage there. Reminds me of the May 5th tornado in 1999 that came through the south side of OKC, really devastating.

I wound up with a 2008 Dodge (sorry Jim) Dakota crew cab 4x4. Black to match the MH and it already had running boards and a locking hard cover on the rear, so it was just what I wanted. It actually weighs the same as the trailblazer, so I can use the same hitch. I'm in the process of getting it rigged for towing. I just found a used front bracket package on ebay, so am bidding on that. I can get a discount on the M&G braking system by turning the old one in, so I think that's what I will wind up doing. I put the boat and motor in it yesterday and everything fits. Yahoo! Now to get the trailblazer cleaned up and ready to sell.

Looks like the Weaver's snuck into the west side of OKC yesterday, so we'll have to see when we can get together! Hmmm now I have to hide the ice cream machine again. :rolleyes:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

The weather cooperated long enough yesterday for Jim and I to drive out to the Anticline Overlook which looks out over Canyonlands. It's about 60 miles from Moab which meant that we were about the only people out there. Not like at Arches. We got to just mosey along and stop at all the view points and wander the paths at our speed which is slow. It was really nice. Today is iffy about the weather. Maybe rain, maybe not. We head out tomorrow towards Price and up to Vernal. Not sure how far we're going yet. Suppose I should be thinking about Memorial Day week-end because we may end up who knows where without a reservation. Oh well.

This might sound really picky (sorry) but could everyone remember to put the state abbreviation after the city so we inexperienced Canadians can have a feel for where you are. Thank you.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png