Classes of 2008 and 2009

Hot digity Dog, I only have 1.5 Liters of Cranberry Juice, but I'll just have to make that do. Congradulations Steve and Carol. Now you can get back out here on the road with the rest of us Homeless, Unemployed Drifters.

I still haven't been able to get my phone payment made online. I tried a couple more times last night and again this morning and again just now. I can't even get the Verizon web page up now. Oh well, Just two more days and I'll be up at Storrie Lake near Las Vegas, NM. I should have a signal there. It's a nice warm day today but we have a few really strong wind gusts finding their way into the canyon.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been tring to get a phone call through to my house keeper and no luck. I got as far as the sign in page for Verizon Wireless to pay my bill and then it just quit again. I love the campground but without a good phone signal I don't think I'll be staying here for any length of time again.

I think I just saw Millie flying over with her leash trailing behind with Dave holding on for dear life. Yep, Dave that wind even got to us down in the canyon today so I can imagine how it was at your place. The lady that was tent camping in the next site got out of her tent this morning and it took off across the road going end over end. She better take some rocks to bed with her after this.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well we're finally about to move again :D :D ! Our volunteer stint at the Bitter Lake NWR in Roswell is over, and we're heading up to Albuquerque on Sun for a week, and then up toward lower Utah - Bryce/Zion) to hike and hang out for a while. Sure will be good to be on the road again!

Steve and Carol - many many congrats on selling your house! Now please get out of Dodge while the getting is good!

At the end of May, we start our summer gig, volunteering at a Nature Conservancy preserve (Flat Ranch) in Island Park, ID, which is pretty close to West Yellowstone, which is one of our favorite areas and pretty close to lots of our other favorite places, and did I mention that we really like it up there?

So y'all come visit us there, you hear?

Edited by Shadowtracks

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/

You guys can whine all you want to, but we won't listen! because: SPECIAL BULLETIN! HOUSE SOLD, I REPEAT HOUSE SOLD! we closed at 10:00 this morning and are toasting now, TOAST,TOAST,TOAST DID I SAY TOAST. WOO! HOO! :D:D

Too late. I can't get all my fingers and toes uncrossed and the world looks funny when you see it straight on. Congratulations, anyway.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Steve & Carol CONGRATS ON YOU!!!!! Thought about ya'll all day yesterday. We are leaving for our host job in Colo. Tues. Have to stop in Lubbock for air con. service. Then working our way N. Campground opens 14th weather permiting. Probly won't need the AC. it is 20' in Durango this am. but it has not been doing a very good job here inTex. Hope we are over our sickness, Delcie got a good report from the Dr. yesterday and I got a shot for my cold, feeling much better today. Everyone be safe on your travels.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy & Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Guest coldsmoke

Grats to you steve and carol !!!!!!!!!!!!!

we are set for closing on tuesday the 3rd of may.

we have decided its time to get moving. so 1 july we will be on the road. going down to kenai river for a few days of fishing then we will head out to the lower 48. not sure where we will go to, but cant wait to get on road again. it has been a long 2 years. even smokey is sick of sticks and bricks, she has been missing barking at the bigrigs as they fly by us.

gas hit $4.40 a gallon yesterday. woo hooo diesel at 4.60

it dont mean a thing. did any one see that gas in venuzuela is at a all time high of .08 cents a gallon !!!!!! can you imagine ???

see ya all take care

mike and deb and the dog

Dave and Nancy - we're leaving on Monday and are headed towards Albuquerque. Just not sure when we'll get there. What route are you taking to Bryce/Zion? There must be somewhere along the line where we can meet.

Freddy & Delcie - I am so glad you guys are finally feeling better. I'm not sure your weather is going to be very good for awhile yet. It still looks awfully cold to me in Colorado.

Mike and Deb - sure hope your closing goes through on the 3rd. Hopefully we'll meet up with you down here in the lower 48.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I managed to sneak through on one of the few windless days last week, and get the motorhome & toy hauler moved from southern NM to southern CO. We had a beautiful week of spring weather(sunny & upper 60's) my first week here in the southern Colorado mountains. But there is a winter storm warning issued for tonight & tomorrow. The weather guessers are predicting an inch of snow in the valleys and 4-6" of the white stuff up on the passes. I remember getting snowed on last May 1, this is becoming an annual tradition. In 2 days it will be back to sunny & 60's.

Jim

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and crossed fingers & toes :lol: We are still in shock, and can't believe it really happened. Now that the "anchor" has been "raised", the boat will start to drift!! :rolleyes: We will be hanging around here until our daughter leaves for Australia June 20th, and after that head northward seeking adventure (and Carol's family reunion), in Milwaukee. Now I've got to get busy and service BessyBus, change toads, mutter mutter many things mutter mutter!! B) Thanks again, Steve & Carol

PS: Coldsmoke, we'll keep our fingers crossed for you guys too. Can't seem to get them untangled anyway :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and crossed fingers & toes :lol: We are still in shock, and can't believe it really happened. Now that the "anchor" has been "raised", the boat will start to drift!! :rolleyes: We will be hanging around here until our daughter leaves for Australia June 20th, and after that head northward seeking adventure (and Carol's family reunion), in Milwaukee. Now I've got to get busy and service BessyBus, change toads, mutter mutter many things mutter mutter!! B) Thanks again, Steve & Carol

PS: Coldsmoke, we'll keep our fingers crossed for you guys too. Can't seem to get them untangled anyway :lol:

That's so exciting! I remember the feeling. Now you can get your head straight and make plans. I hope we will fit in there somewhere, sometime.

Big hugs!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Hey Freddy (sent you a PM)

We'll be in Lubbock on Wednesday, May 4 staying at the Elks. Will you still be in town????

Where are you getting AC service...I might need someone to look at mine.

Like to get together if you're in town.

Safe travels

Paul (and Marsha)

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

With all the good news lately with Steve and Carol's closing and Mike and Debie about to close and get back down here in the Lower 48 where they belong. It must have broke the log jam. I tried to pay my Phone bill on line again tonight and it went right through no problem at all and the pages loaded fairly fast. Like 5 minutes instead of a half hour.

Tomorrow will be my last day here at Villanueva. Monday I'll put in a hard day driving and go about 40 miles or so up to Storrie Lake State Park, NM My 40 miles it like Jerry and Terry's 480 miles I just left out one digit. I ran out of milk yesterday so I made some instant milk. Boy that stuff taste terrible. But I was able to get my cereal wash down me with it. I couldn't use my cranberry juice to put on the cereal. I told Steve I'd use the last 1.5 liter bottle of that to toast his house closing. I'm still toasting.

Freddy and Delcie. You guys just stop that getting sick. Get out on the road away from all those germ carrying people and you'll live a lot longer. We need you for the annual get-to-gather down in Yuma.

PS. I'm sure glad I'm not going up to Storrie Lake SP tomorrow. I just checked the weather forcast and they are expecting 3 to 5 inches of snow with a high tomorrow of 36 and a low tomorrow night of 26. For Monday morning they are saying snow changing to rail. So I think I'll just drag my feet a bit getting out of here.

Edited by IYQ

Hey Lee,

You need to get some Parmalat Milk. Its ultrapasturized and can sit unopened in the cupboard for about 3 months. We always keep some on hand so Paul doesn't cry when he wants cereal and we have no milk left.

Sorry that there's snow where you are headed. Seems like this spring we get to pick our poison. Everywhere seems to be having their issues. Its hard to believe that MAY Starts tomorrow! I haven't seen good weather for about a month now!

Paul is hoping to head back to Indiana Tuesday or Wednesday. He flew to TX to see his mom, but also to get her old car and drive it back to IN for our daughter to have.

Gives me peace of mind to know she'll have a decent car!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

SPECIAL BULLETIN! HOUSE SOLD, I REPEAT HOUSE SOLD! we closed at 10:00 this morning and are toasting now, TOAST,TOAST,TOAST DID I SAY TOAST. WOO! HOO! :D:D

Super news, I would expect you to head out tomorrow but probably not with the hangover you may have!!!!!

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

You guys can whine all you want to, but we won't listen! because: SPECIAL BULLETIN! HOUSE SOLD, I REPEAT HOUSE SOLD! we closed at 10:00 this morning and are toasting now, TOAST,TOAST,TOAST DID I SAY TOAST. WOO! HOO! :D:D

CONGRATULATIONS, I'm gonna have to set back a bottle of that "BAD WHISKEY" for when you get to the PNW.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Third try for this post.

Jeri Thank you for the help posting on the map.

Steve Glad your house sold. Now for the good life.

Shadowtracks Best of luck on your sell. Leave Alaska before Break-up. The road is like the river. It is rougher after break-up.

11* this morning. Sure nice, There is no wind and no humidity. I hope some of you stop by on your way to Yellowstone this summer. It would be nice to meet you.

glyn

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

I hate to keep posting about the weather but, with Jim and Sandy wandering back toward Albuquerque, I thought it might be appropriate.

It's Gale force winds today out of the east and possible snow in Albuquerque tonight. I wouldn't want to try I-25 unless I had a 18 wheel flat bed with an earth mover on it.

Tuesday might be a good travel day.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Hey Dave - we will probably be headed out I-40 on Tuesday but we plan on taking a couple of days to get to ALB. I can't believe their weather. If the kids weren't there we would certainly avoid it this year. I've been keeping on eye on the weather all along the route and this week does look a little better, I think.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I woke up about 5 this morning looked out the door with the porch light lite and that White Stuff was flying all over the place. There was a rather strong Breeze and the White Stuff was mixed with precipitation. It was way to chilly out to do the Labor of getting ready to move tomorrow morning. So, I ask the ranger if I could stay a extra day over my 14 day limit and leave Tuesday instead. He said OK. There ladies see what a gentleman I am not talking dirty while in your presence.

I just hope I don't run out of LP. I'm on my second tank and don't know when it changed over. The high temperature today was 33 only 2 degrees warmer than the low last night of 31. I traded a can of Roast Beef with gravy for a gallon of milk with a couple of young men who had run out of everything except Milk and instant soup. I've run out of everything except refrigerator space. I seem to have more of that every day. I do have a pretty good supply of canned chicken and Salmon so I won't starve. Some people will go to no end to loose a few pounds. It's real easy just go to a campground where there is no store within 40 miles. Hang in there folks Sping will get here we just don't know how many winters we'll have to endure before it gets here.

Hey Dave - we will probably be headed out I-40 on Tuesday but we plan on taking a couple of days to get to ALB. I can't believe their weather. If the kids weren't there we would certainly avoid it this year. I've been keeping on eye on the weather all along the route and this week does look a little better, I think.

We're headed up to ABQ tomorrow (Mon), and we'll be there until early Monday AM 5/9. We were going to head up today, but major winds all along the route made us (a little) more sane.

Strange weather all over the country this Winter/Spring for sure. I'm really really glad that we did our East Coast circuit last summer. Let's see - diesel prices :angry: , tornadoes :o , hail :(, T-storms :( - yep. Right time to be out here, even if it snows a little.

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/