Classes of 2008 and 2009

We hope to be in Albuquerque by Saturday but it all depends on weather. I think it's supposed to improve this week so I'm sure hoping it does. I agree - sure am glad we did the east coast last year. We're doing much more of a straight line (well kind of) from AZ to MT. I'll let you guys know as we get closer to Alb. Sure hope we can meet up for dinner.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weather was gorgeous over the weekend but think the forecast is for a few drippy days. At least no winds, tornadoes or snow. Terry's off to Phoenix tomorrow for another appointment there. However, he's looking forward to it this time since our daughter has a business trip scheduled there at the same. He's going to stay in Scottsdale with her. Their flights arrive within about an hour of each other. We're off to get another baseplate installed today. Ordered a new canvas top for the boat and hoping eventually we'll be able to put it in the water. With two new motors on it last year, we certainly hope so. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

May 1- May 6 we are at Big Lagoon State Park in Pensacola. All the Spring breaks are over. Soooo... quite! Nice! Took a nice hike to a tower overlook this morning. Nice views but it is very hot and humid! Sure hope the rain tomorrow will cool things down. We just left Eglin AFB in Destin, FL. Now that is a nice beach town!! We took a nice relaxing ride on a pontoon boat to search the bay for dolphine. I grew up in Virginia Beach, VA, and never went on a boat to look for dolphin. Here I am in FL doing just that! Go figure!! Saw plenty of them and even had a private viewing overhead of 3 guys doing stunts in old WWII planes and finished the evening off with fireworks. Really enjoyed the extra treats that weren't in the ticket price!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

We had another 30 degee night but to day warmed up to 59 with very little wind. Just after I finished breakfast and was sitting here wishing the last of the snow would melt off my solar panels so they would start working betting I completely ran out of LP gas. I was all hooked up and ready to hit the road but the place I'm heading is 1000 feet higher than it is here and they got a lot of snow. So, I unhooked the truck and drove the 12 to 15 miles to I-25 and got two tanks filled with LP and drove back to the park. As long as it had me awake for sure. I hooked up again and pulled the trailer to the dump station and dumped my waste tanks then while backing back into my site I stopped at the central water tap and filled the fresh water tank. Now I'm ready to pull out again in the morning and head for Storrie Lake State Park just outside of Las Vegas, NM I'll be there before the truck really gets warmed up. I sure hope I have a good phone and data card signal up there I'm getting tired of fighting this thing every time I need to change pages or post something. I'm also out of everything except refrigerator space so I need a Wally World Bad.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We are camped at the entrance to Petrified Forest National Park. The Crystal Forest Gift Shop has a few campsites. For $10.75 a night you can have 20 amp electric or you can dry camp for free. A couple of rigs are parked next to us but they have strange license plates on them so I'm assuming they're from a foreign country. Drove up and down Rte 66 in Holbrook and tomorrow we'll go explore the park.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

We had another 30 degee night but to day warmed up to 59 with very little wind. Just after I finished breakfast and was sitting here wishing the last of the snow would melt off my solar panels so they would start working betting I completely ran out of LP gas. I was all hooked up and ready to hit the road but the place I'm heading is 1000 feet higher than it is here and they got a lot of snow. So, I unhooked the truck and drove the 12 to 15 miles to I-25 and got two tanks filled with LP and drove back to the park. As long as it had me awake for sure. I hooked up again and pulled the trailer to the dump station and dumped my waste tanks then while backing back into my site I stopped at the central water tap and filled the fresh water tank. Now I'm ready to pull out again in the morning and head for Storrie Lake State Park just outside of Las Vegas, NM I'll be there before the truck really gets warmed up. I sure hope I have a good phone and data card signal up there I'm getting tired of fighting this thing every time I need to change pages or post something. I'm also out of everything except refrigerator space so I need a Wally World Bad.

We stayed at Storrie Lake a couple years ago. Don't count on haveing a very good cell phone signal. Maybe with your booster you'll be ok, but I was on tech support for my motosat while i was there and keep loosing the phone signal. Nice little town and we were the only campers there. Hope the snow goes away. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

36 degrees when we got up this morning. Haven't had to use the heat in so long we almost forgot how to turn it on. Then we had some more excitement. Our LP gas detector went off. It's amazing how fast I can read those little booklets when we need to find out what's wrong. Ours was a malfunction of the unit that could be fixed by resetting it. Thank goodness, that's all that was wrong. Now I know that if it's a pulsing alarm and red, that's the danger signal.

Also, to add to the joy of our lives - last night, after it got cold, our door wouldn't shut after Jim took the girl's out. I guess when we got locked in and they had to pry us out, something got bent just enough that it won't work when it gets cold and the metal contracts. Another project for Jim today. But not until after we go sight seeing. Priorities you know. (He finally did get the door shut and we can lock it when we leave today.)

Sandie & Jim Dixon

I'm at Storrie Lake SP in Las Vegas, NM now and boy do I have a Verizon signal. I've got so many bars that I get tipsy when I go on the internet or talk on the phone. The snow has all melted here at the campground but a hill to the west of here is white as it can be. The first thing I did after setting up was go to Wally World. I now have a definite shortage of refrigerator space. I've got the cranberry juice supply built up now waiting for one of you guys to post a bit of good news so I can celebrate. There is a definite lack of trees around this lake. I'll bet I'm going to get some winds that will give Dave some real competition.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hey Soos,

What section of the grocery store is that parmalat milk in and what type of container am I looking for. I looked in two stores today and didn't fine it.

Boy is this place breezy.

Late this after noon a pickup truck came so close to my slide out that I thought he was going to hit it. He swung around in back of the trailer and parked so I went out to see what was going on. He said he had paid for this space for yesterday and today. He said he had a job in town and didn't leave his tent here because he was afraid it would be stolen. Then he showed me the ticket he filled out for the space. I told him I have paid for two week on this spot and there was nothing here to indicate that someone already had the site so I'm not moving. He finally came off his high horse when I told him to go get the Ranger and let him settle it. He never came back but I saw him going to a different section of the park. I think I'll move tomorrow just to make him mad. I saw a site that I like a lot better and it isn't beside the road to the lake where the fisherman are running past all day. Plus it's down close the the electric section so it will be a little more sociable.

Edited by IYQ

Guest coldsmoke

ITS OVER, ITS SIGNED, ITS DONE, WE DID IT,THEY DID IT,EVERY BODY DID IT, NOW HAVE TO TALK DEB INTO QUITTING EARLY AND HITTING THE ROAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can not fugure out why it takes so long to close when its a cash deal..?? guess no one pays cash anymore.

cold here today 32degrees, gas prices may have stabilized a bit here. crossing fingers as i type..

hope to at least be on road by july 1st

jeri how to i get to class map and change tags locations , i fergetted. i be college edicted !!!

mike and deb and smokey

ITS OVER, ITS SIGNED, ITS DONE, WE DID IT,THEY DID IT,EVERY BODY DID IT, NOW HAVE TO TALK DEB INTO QUITTING EARLY AND HITTING THE ROAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can not fugure out why it takes so long to close when its a cash deal..?? guess no one pays cash anymore.

cold here today 32degrees, gas prices may have stabilized a bit here. crossing fingers as i type..

jeri how to i get to class map and change tags locations , i fergetted. i be college edicted !!!

mike and deb and smokey

CONGRATULATIONS

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I woke up this morning and thought I was in HEAVEN. Wait, I am in HEAVEN. Today is one of those PNW days that we live for up here. AND I HAVE THE DAY OFF. :D Now I just need to break out the Weed eater, Spray all the Dandelions, Spray the fence lines, and then collapse and enjoy some Cranberry Juice. :lol:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I woke up this morning and thought I was in HEAVEN. Wait, I am in HEAVEN. Today is one of those PNW days that we live for up here. AND I HAVE THE DAY OFF. :D Now I just need to break out the Weed eater, Spray all the Dandelions, Spray the fence lines, and then collapse and enjoy some Cranberry Juice. :lol:

Joe

Actually, it's been nice for a few days. We had a little sprinkling yesterday morning but eventually the sun came out. I just wish it would warm up a bit because the propane is getting low.

mike and deb and smokey

Sending a PM

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Just pulled into the Elks Club in Lubbock, TX......Freddie & Delcie are here. They are out running around (can't hold them down) so we'll meet up with them later this afternoon.

Paul & Marsha

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Just checking in.

As you know, we have to go into town for cell phone and internet service. Doug doesn't like me to go alone and then he gets impatient. Today he's got his book.

Graeme is coming up on the bus for Mothers' Day weekend. We are going to go over to Salmon Arm to see Doug's Mom on Saturday.

The weather here is absolutely GORGEOUS! In Fahrenheit it's nearly 70*. The lake is like glass today but the wind comes up often. I will try to post a blog next time we come into town.

We really feel separated from you all and miss you tons and tons. You are all more like our family than our family.

HUGS

Toni

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Well, I moved to a different site this morning. I'm now in Site 1S. I even have some neighbors over here. After I got everything hooked up then unhooked I went into town to get a couple of Hardware store items. One of them was 50 feet of nylon rope to loop around my slide the long way to hold the ends of the slide topper down so it can't pick up as much wind. It sure makes it a lot more quiet in here. I stayed outside playing with the slide topper and such a couple of hours but my lips and eyes were getting so dry from the wind I finally retreated and spent most of the afternoon taking a STEVE. The wind seems to have gone down a bit maybe I'll survive.

Congratulations Coldsmoke, On your house closing. I knew you would provide me with another opportunity to toast a good event. I even broke out the good stuff. Maybe that is why I slept all afternoon. Now if DEB won't quit work and come on the road with you tell her you are going to leave her there. Naw, It wouldn't work. She knows you'd get hungry before you got 50 miles and come running back. Tell her that one of the requirements for being a full time RV'er is to be a Homeless, UN-EMPLOYED Drifter

mike and deb and smokey

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS!! DON'T IT FEEL GREAT!!

Yeah, Mike, you can pay with cash as long as you have the proper paperwork, certificate from your mama, credit check, sacrifice your first born etc: <_< It's going to take a while to get everyone's fingers and toes, uncrossed. Then we have to peel the silly grin off our faces. Oh well, feels great. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Guest coldsmoke

Let me tell you it isn't going to take much talking for me to quit my job!!!!! We will be on the road July first!!!!!

And it does feel good to put all this behind us, looking forward to seeing you all down the road!!!!

Deb

Marsha and I spent a great evening with Delcie and Freddie. Dinner, Elks for a few beverages, and a lot of catching up on each others' travels. They pull-out this morning heading to Colorado....we'll stay here for a week or more. Lubbock, TX Elks Club has a great RV area and nice Lodge. Be sure to stop if you're in the area! :D

BE SAFE OUT THERE!

Paul (and Marsha)

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Guest coldsmoke

can you beleive Deb actually put a post on here ????? she getting over her shyness a little, at her work place they call her the warehouse goddes, what they actually meant was warehouse bitch . but they are scared of her ..

i feel a large slap coming on .!!!!!!

and how did lee know i get hungry so fast ?? hmmmmm

7 weeks we on our way south (maybe)

mike

Have internet once again. Mike and Deb that is such wonderful news. Congrats. Wow - two house sales in such a short time. Maybe that bodes well for everybody else that's trying to unload a house.

We are in Albuquerque tonight. At the same park with Shadowtracks but I need a shower before we can track them down. Spent last night listening to the wolves howl. It was beautiful. The weather is about perfect. Not much wind and in the 80's. Yippee.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

They predicted wind yesterday and we got it. Today they predicted calm. It's windier than it was yesterday. Oh well the rope trick on the slide topper is working pretty good. I went to town today to get a haircut and got all of them chopped on. Maybe the dog catcher will stay off my tracks. After the wind came up I decided to go back into town and buy a wireless wind gauge. I couldn't find any at all. I saw them at the Wal-Mart in Belen. NM and at Deming. This Wal-mart doen't have much of anything. It's very poorly stocked. I drove through Old Town and took a trip around the Plaza. It was interesting. I was looking for the Post Office. I haven't found that yet. I want to make sure there is only one Post Office in this town before I have things sent here. My Bank card is about to expire and I sure need to have a new one sent before the end of the month. I might have to take a job as greeter in Wal-Mart and that wouldn't work out too well when I send everyone to a different store. I've got another credit card but every time I buy something after changing places they holdup the transaction and call to see if I'm the one buying it. Sometimes I can't get a phone signal so they don't let the sale go through. It gets embarassing. I'm going to call and cancel the card but I'll wait till I get a new bank card.

Nice day here yesterday. It was 72 and no wind, so I went fishing :lol: There is a little creek right behind the RV's, and I've caught fish there before, so I decided to try again. I wound up catching 5 largmouth bass in about an hour. Largest one was just shy of 5lbs :o sure suprised the heck out of me. The others were in the 2 to three pound range and one was all over that creek. One guy came back there and thought I had fallen in the creek. Jim, I used a black plastic salamander with a chartruse tail, salt inpregnated. Think I'll try again today, I threw them all back, so maybe I can catch them again. :rolleyes:

My Kingdome cratered! :angry: I think water got in it and fried the circuit board or something like that. It's been working fine for a year now, but I think it's ready for replacement. I know a few of you have gone with the Winegard Traveler, and I think that's what I'm going to get. I have Direct tv, and with the traveler I can get my HD channels again, plus record one channel while watching another. The only time we use the in motion sat is when we are traveling and want to record something during the day (Judge Judy), and watch it in the evening. From what I've read, the Traveler gets better reception, or more chance of reception in trees also with it's larger "dish". The same dealer that replaced our refrigerater is a dealer for Winegard, so I'm waiting on his call to see when he can get me in. Oh well, must go fishing. Bye Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Nice day here yesterday. It was 72 and no wind, so I went fishing :lol: There is a little creek right behind the RV's, and I've caught fish there before, so I decided to try again. I wound up catching 5 largmouth bass in about an hour. Largest one was just shy of 5lbs :o sure suprised the heck out of me. The others were in the 2 to three pound range and one was all over that creek. One guy came back there and thought I had fallen in the creek. Jim, I used a black plastic salamander with a chartruse tail, salt inpregnated. Think I'll try again today, I threw them all back, so maybe I can catch them again. :rolleyes:

My Kingdome cratered! :angry: I think water got in it and fried the circuit board or something like that. It's been working fine for a year now, but I think it's ready for replacement. I know a few of you have gone with the Winegard Traveler, and I think that's what I'm going to get. I have Direct tv, and with the traveler I can get my HD channels again, plus record one channel while watching another. The only time we use the in motion sat is when we are traveling and want to record something during the day (Judge Judy), and watch it in the evening. From what I've read, the Traveler gets better reception, or more chance of reception in trees also with it's larger "dish". The same dealer that replaced our refrigerater is a dealer for Winegard, so I'm waiting on his call to see when he can get me in. Oh well, must go fishing. Bye Steve

Well, I'm just about ready to renew my fishing license too. It's almost time. I had such good luck last year with the salmon catching that I thought I'd try again!! :rolleyes:

We have the Winegard Traveler with Dish and LOVE it. Our Kingdome didn't work right. I guess it just wasn't compatible with the new dual DVRs. We record lots of shows for later watching and are Judy Judy fans too ... well, along with a few other ones.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!