class of 2014..follow along!

Helloooo Class of 2014...may we join you? First post in this forum. DH and I are working towards a date of April 1st 2014. Counting down the months.

Had garage sale a few months back...kids come visit (they all live in diffent sates) and try to send family items home with them. So much to do.

We have decided to hang onto out sticks n bricks for a few years and lease it out using a property management company.

We bought our 5ver 1.5 yrs ago...then our TV last year. All set up now the way we want it and making local trips. We are hoping to live in the 5ver and still working our regular jobs for the last 6mos. before we hit the road fulltime in 2014. Still lots to do but its a goal we have been planning for.

Hope to see you down the road :rolleyes:

Glenn & Jo

Vancouver, Wa.

PS My parents were Escapee members # 4420...

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

have gone back and forth about posting this - the whole "jinx" thing, but we have some "lookers" for the house. Its kinda scary, never thought it would happen this soon. :huh: To have to look at actually leaving "our home", its just a lot and they want to be in by January :blink:

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
2007 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Diesel Dually
Class of 2014

• 2 weeks later...

Wife is a Chargers fan, so I am taking her to the Charger and Raider game in San Diego at the end of the month. We are going to spend 2 nights at Silver Strand State Beach and 2 nights at Mission Bay Rv Park. We are also taking the Moho to the game to do some tailgating.

My wife loves San Diego and I keep telling her when we go FT, we can spend 1 or 2 months in the winter in Diego, so that helps keep her on board with FTing. So this trip will give us the chance to check out places to stay in Diego.

We are still both excited and our family still thinks we are NUTS.

1 year and 11 months until retirement.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

So you guys are leaving in Nov 2014 also? that is our target date - Nov 1, 2014! I am hoping we can get a job at Amazon right out of the gate - how about you? will you play immediately or work?

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
2007 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Diesel Dually
Class of 2014

Lurking for a while. Ours is a divided house. I would go in a minute, but we're living in the house where DW was born and grew up, if that tells you anything.:rolleyes: Its a second marriage for us both (nearly 22 yrs) and I never accumulated much of anything till we settled in together all those years ago. Now the thought of leaving most of it is way easier for me than her. We purchased a fifth wheel/F350 combo last March and have made some short trips last summer to state parks in Indiana. She really loves the camping part (and the taking lots of "it" with you), so I'm adding subtle hints about how nice it will be when we have less maintenance on a brick and stick place and can focus on the wheeled home. I've learned tons from various forums and don't know how anyone would do without them. Here's hoping for late 2014 as a launch point for our next adventure. Happy Trails!:D

2006 Ford F350 Super Duty Diesel DRW 6X6

2007 Jayco Designer 36RLTS

When you're born, everyone is smiling and you're crying. Live your life so that when you die, everyone is crying and you're smiling!

biggrin.gif Promised that this is the last time we have traded our camper finally have our set up 2013 Work N Play 34fk Toyhauler with gooseneck hitch, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 manual transmission...we decided to have less camper in terms of slides an living space to have a heavy duty rig with lots of storage...custom ordered from Forest River so we could "snore proof" the layout, adding things like extra hard door/wall in sleeping area, extra a/c in bedroom, reinforced roof (thinking of solar down the road), lifted axels for better ground clearance, extra insulation, 2nd rear exit door, lots of extra outlets, hard wire surge protector...picking it up this week, now need to get it paid off before hitting the road in late 2014..we don't want any truck or camper payments in retirement. Keeping our modest DW manufactured home for winter base, plan on traveling 6-7 mos out of the year. If anyone thinking of a modest florida base, our community is very central in the state and homes are very reasonable!

Hello everyone the wife and I will be joining the 2014 class also Wooo Hooo. Have not set a definate date yet but will be late spring/ summer. We are lucky in that we have 3 different

people that want to buy our home. We have our truck 09 Chev diesel & our 2012 Raptor 365 toy hauler.

This year & next will be used to get everything setup the way we want and declutter. This year we managed to camp every other weekend and looks like 2013 will be the same.

Looking forward to meeting new friends along the way on our new way of life.:D

biggrin.gif Promised that this is the last time we have traded our camper finally have our set up 2013 Work N Play 34fk Toyhauler with gooseneck hitch, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 manual transmission...we decided to have less camper in terms of slides an living space to have a heavy duty rig with lots of storage...custom ordered from Forest River so we could "snore proof" the layout, adding things like extra hard door/wall in sleeping area, extra a/c in bedroom, reinforced roof (thinking of solar down the road), lifted axels for better ground clearance, extra insulation, 2nd rear exit door, lots of extra outlets, hard wire surge protector...picking it up this week, now need to get it paid off before hitting the road in late 2014..we don't want any truck or camper payments in retirement. Keeping our modest DW manufactured home for winter base, plan on traveling 6-7 mos out of the year. If anyone thinking of a modest florida base, our community is very central in the state and homes are very reasonable!

Sounds like an awesome setup.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Hello everyone the wife and I will be joining the 2014 class also Wooo Hooo. Have not set a definate date yet but will be late spring/ summer. We are lucky in that we have 3 different

people that want to buy our home. We have our truck 09 Chev diesel & our 2012 Raptor 365 toy hauler.

This year & next will be used to get everything setup the way we want and declutter. This year we managed to camp every other weekend and looks like 2013 will be the same.

Looking forward to meeting new friends along the way on our new way of life.:D

Awesome, glad to have you join us.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Merry Christmas everyone.

Santa brought us our new home. 2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD. No turning back for us now.

image_zpsc689b54a.jpg

Wow! That's quite the house! Party at Scott's everyone. :)

Linda Sand

class of '08

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Hello Everyone!

We are planning on taking a year off and checking out the full time lifestyle. We plan on taking off early 2014. We have a son in 12th grade and he is going off to college. We've been cleaning out 12 years worth of stuff in our house to get ready to sell. Mixed emotions but we both realize that we have way too much stuff. Anyway, we own a townhouse here in Charlotte (rental property) but will make it "home base". I don't want to leave my son without a "home" when he needs breaks from college.

We have a 40' Damon Tuscany & have used it for about 2 years. Looking forward to "meeting" the class of 2014.

Connie & Dan

Picked up our new rig, very happy with the set up...love, love, love the goosneck vs the other 5th wheel hitch! We now have our pickup bed back, and the 5ver tows so steady. Only downside is the cheap mattress they use! Need to get a good topper or replace it ASAP, but other than that we are very happy!

Archived