class of 2014..follow along!

Hey Guys! I am back from Vegas! My big plan to hit it big and retire immediately did not work out so well. B) We had a great time though. Met with my cousin and his DW who I rarely get to see and we spent the week catching up.

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West bound and down in three days. Leaving the heat and humidity of SE Missouri for the cool clean air of the Colorado Rockies. DW, dogs and I are leaving Saturday, 7-23 with the final destination of Creede, Co. Any body in the area, watch for a HR Navigator with a Jeep Rubi with Missouri plates. Say high.

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Topsee Turvee the Terror Terrier

Oreo the O.C.D. Border Collie

1994 HR Navigator 38' DP, Restored

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubi, Pushin

Hello from Swamp East Missouri, USA

And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

West bound and down in three days. Leaving the heat and humidity of SE Missouri for the cool clean air of the Colorado Rockies. DW, dogs and I are leaving Saturday, 7-23 with the final destination of Creede, Co. Any body in the area, watch for a HR Navigator with a Jeep Rubi with Missouri plates. Say high.

Have fun, went to Ouray, Co one year and loved the place. They call it the jeep capital of the world. Colorado is on our list of places to spend time in when we retire.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

DW threw a big wrench at me yesterday, hit me right up side my head, bled like crazy and knocked me to my knees. I got up, wiped off the blood and started on plan B. We had been planning to go FT dec of 2014, now she says she wants to start a photo business taking senior high school pics. She wants to travel a few months and then go home for a few months.

I wanted to get rid of house and domicile in SD to save money. We will still retire dec of 2014 and could be able to stay in california and travel a little. She is going to spend the next 2 years trying to make her photo business work, if she can't make it work, then we can go full-time. No, I am not going to sabotage her business. She has done a lot of photography and is really good at it, but sometimes when something goes from fun, to a job, it is now work and not fun anymore.

I guess it is always good to have several plans, and I trust god will lead us in the right direction.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

• 1 month later...

Well DW has started school again and another summer trip has ended. Because of parental health issues we were not able to be gone as long as we had hoped but still had a great time. We know now more than ever that we want to full time. We traveled up the California and Oregon coast and constantly ran into the same group of people and one of the group put together a sand rail trip of the Oregon Dunes in Florence and a 4th of July potluck. We went square dancing in a couple of new areas and met new people there.

Had a couple of mechanical issues on the motor home and toad but dealt with them. Overall it was a great trip so good might have to move up a year from 2014 to 2013 but will have to run the numbers and see how that works out. Meanwhile just count the days until next summer.

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

Got the Moho all cleaned up for the beach trip. I even changed the water filter, even though it was only 4.5 years old, lol. Those things sure are expensive. I am ready for a few days in cooler weather.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Becareful with the water filter up there. A few years ago we stayed in Avilia Beach at one of the RV resorts that had a hot springs. The water was so sulfuric that it ruined our water filter and make the entire system stink and taste horrible. Had to clean out the tanks and replace all of the water filters.:angry:

Enjoy the cool weather!

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Definitely needed that trip. Me and wife were sitting out in the cool night air with a fire and the smell of the beach and my wife says " I can do this". I asked do what and she said "Fulltime". So far we are on track with our plan, I wish it was sooner, but the day will soon be here.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Well things change. DW is retireing early. Putting terrible pressure on me. I started crunching numbers and

I'm going in late 2013, five months ahead of schedule. Fireworks are going off right now. We are on a down hill slide into full time bliss and joy. Come on 2013. Please don't talk bad about us, but we may be moving over to the 13's . LOL All is good. :D :D

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Well things change. DW is retireing early. Putting terrible pressure on me. I started crunching numbers and

I'm going in late 2013, five months ahead of schedule. Fireworks are going off right now. We are on a down hill slide into full time bliss and joy. Come on 2013. Please don't talk bad about us, but we may be moving over to the 13's . LOL All is good. :D :D

Bye, I am not mad, just envious. Congrats, good luck and have fun.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Thanks Smak 2020 C U on the road.

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Congratulations!!!! We are looking into the possibility of jumping up a year as well to 06/2013.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Is it something I said, my bad breath, or just me? Why is everyone bailing out on me? LOL

If you can go earlier then planned, go for it.

I am still here Smack!

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Latest update, we took the early out retirement and my last day 8/31. Now readying the house for sale. Good grief, 20 years of stuff to sort through and get rid of. Guess I should go join the 2012 group and see whats up over there. Hoping to be out of here by spring 2012 or sooner. Would really love to winter in AZ this winter... :)

Latest update, we took the early out retirement and my last day 8/31. Now readying the house for sale. Good grief, 20 years of stuff to sort through and get rid of. Guess I should go join the 2012 group and see whats up over there. Hoping to be out of here by spring 2012 or sooner. Would really love to winter in AZ this winter... :)

Congratulations VERY jealous :rolleyes:

Chris

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Com one dosbeagles. Bring your buddies and come on over to 13, the water is fine and our two k-9 partners would love to have you guys as well. Besides, the thirteeners are a pretty quiet group. Maybe you and your two beagles, and DW and I with ourt Border Collie and Westie can liven things up over there. C you on the flip.

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Com one dosbeagles. Bring your buddies and come on over to 13, the water is fine and our two k-9 partners would love to have you guys as well. Besides, the thirteeners are a pretty quiet group. Maybe you and your two beagles, and DW and I with ourt Border Collie and Westie can liven things up over there. C you on the flip.

Have to wait a bit before we will know if it will be 2013 or 2014. There are rumors that the school district will offer a buy out in 2013 that would make it both possible for us to go and economically foolish to stay the extra year, but until they make their move cannot commit to 2013. If the school district offers the buy out things will happen very quickly. The rumor is they want to get rid of some of the older more expensive teachers (those that have been around a while at the top of the pay scale) and be able to replace them with new teachers just out of school (bottom of the pay scale) and if you take the buy out then it is the employee's idea to leave not the school district forcing out the older workers thus the district gets what they want without the threat of age discrimination law suits. So patiently waiting.

Chris

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

• 3 weeks later...

I got to drive a DP for the first time at the Pomona show. Drove a 40 foot tiffin bus and a 43 foot tiffin bus with a tag. Both drove nice, but the tag was in my opinion smoother.

My ford V-10 has more pep off the line, probably because of size and weight.

2-3 years and I hope to have a DP. Until then, I am going to enjoy the heck out of my Bounder.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

I got to drive a DP for the first time at the Pomona show. Drove a 40 foot tiffin bus and a 43 foot tiffin bus with a tag. Both drove nice, but the tag was in my opinion smoother.

My ford V-10 has more pep off the line, probably because of size and weight.

2-3 years and I hope to have a DP. Until then, I am going to enjoy the heck out of my Bounder.

We had a 36 foot Georgie Boy class A with the Banks Power Pack on it and traded that in for the 40'DP that we have. You don't buy a diesel for the pep of the line but the torque and horsepower to get you over the mountain at the lower RPM. Also the chassis on the DP is quite a bit more heavy duty- air brakes, allison tranny, airbags. It is like the difference between driving a pick up truck and a Cadillac. The ride is much smoother when you get to speed you kind of glide along and when you go down an extended grade the tranny and exhaust brake keep the ride from turning into a white knuckler. Enjoy the Bounder and you will know when you will be ready to move up, and when you do you will never look back.

Chris

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

• 3 weeks later...

Our FT plans are going great. We may even put house up for sale fall of 2013 and if it sells, we will live in the bounder while we save more money for DP. By the middle of 2014, we should have most bills paid off and a good amount of $$ saved. Hopefully by around sept of 2014 we will have FT rig.

My wife is starting to get excited about FTing. I am really looking forward to roaming this awesome country. God willing.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Archived