class of 2014..follow along!

ONly 986 days until January 1, 2014. Not very long when you really think about it. 282 Days are weekends then figure vacations etc and the work day number continues to get smaller. Time to start the garage sales clean out the clutter and do what we have to to be ready.

We are leaving on 5/27 for our summer trip and will be back 8/13. That will take a large chunk of those days, but have to do some repairs to the MH before we leave. Last trip found an electrical gremlin that has to be repaired. But still looking forward to summer.

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother in law died this morning. He spent 4 years in the military when he was young. He retired from the US postal service 8 years ago after spending 30 years with them. He got a small retirement. He spent the last 6 years battling cancer until today when the cancer finally won. He is no longer in any pain and is a better place. We spent all morning looking for info for the mortuary. My sister in law is lost, he did all the bills and finances. He was 65 years old. This is just a reminder to me to make sure I have a plan for my death. And all the stuff you have means nothing when you are gone.

Live life everyday, because tomorrow is guaranteed to no one.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Smack2020. So Sorry. Remember all the good times. Help the loved ones. Hugg yours every day. Look to the future.

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Topsee Turvee the Terror Terrier

Oreo the O.C.D. Border Collie

1994 HR Navigator 38' DP, Restored

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubi, Pushin

Hello from Swamp East Missouri, USA

And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Smack2020, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My dad passed away at 65 as well, way too young, and I learned the same lesson. Seize the moment; live life to the fullest, and don't put things off until tomorrow.

Jessica and Harry

Fulltimers as of 12/12/12

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD

2011 Heartland Landmark Rushmore

www.rikerrvdays.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DW and I started the STUFF reduction program this weekend. Cleaned out 100 pounds of clothes we were not using. They are going to the battered womens shelter and my mothers church. It felt really, really good to get started. Started my first box of yard sale stuff. Still tweaking on the RV. This week I am hinging the overhead TV so it will swing open to reveal the 10 gallons of storage overhead where the old tube style TV used to be. Going to put light stuff up there. Still working on overhead light issues but the end draws ever so closer. It is said, if you don't like the weather in Southeast Missouri, just stick around, it will be different tomorrow. Tomorrow is here. Yesterday, I was sweating just to breath, today, Ive got a flannel shirt buttoned up. Three weeks ago for a solid week we got record rain fall. Now its all flooded and the farmers are really getting worried. In less than three years, I'm going to do my best version of an Ostrich. I'm pulling up the leveling jacks and moving everytime the weather threatens to be less than 70 or over 85. I will tolerate two rain days then I'm gone. I have my standards. Does anyone know where I can get a clock that shows month's only. I will have no need for anything more accurate than that. Never mind, I'm getting a weather rock instead. If it gets too hot or cold, or white, I'll know it's time to head out. :rolleyes:

Lisa and Greg Kenley

• 2 weeks later...

Come on 14. If we don't come alive, were going to drop off the front page. We had two of our neighbors ask this week when we were selling the house. Both seemed very interested. One said, " I want the first chance at your house." That seems to be a good sign :D .

How is everybody else doing. Any houses sold. Any lookers. Any new campers. Somebody talk to me.:)

Lisa and Greg Kenley

I have been using my IPAD alot and not the computer, however the IPAD wont let me post on this site. It just kicks me off.

We spent a week in Lake Havasu two weeks ago, and we are going back today for the Memorial Day Weekend. We left the Moho over there and will drive wifes honda civic to save on gas.

Have a safe Memorial Day Everyone.

Scott

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

I have been using my IPAD alot and not the computer, however the IPAD wont let me post on this site. It just kicks me off.

Scott

Hmmm. My iPad lets me post here. At least it did yesterday--the last time I tried it.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

And we found the best Jeep trail near Parker, AZ. The trail ends out in the middle of nowhere at a cool bar with ice cold beer. The bar is called Desert Bar, if you are ever near Parker AZ, go check it out. You can also get to it in a car down a bumpy dirt road.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

And we found the best Jeep trail near Parker, AZ. The trail ends out in the middle of nowhere at a cool bar with ice cold beer. The bar is called Desert Bar, if you are ever near Parker AZ, go check it out. You can also get to it in a car down a bumpy dirt road.

Be aware, though the Desert Bar is only open weekends and from noon to sunset. And I'm sure glad we went in a friend's truck rather than try to take our car down that road. Especially since the first time we went we didn't tow a car so would have had to take our RV!!!

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We also have the eye on the prize...target retirement date is July 16, 2014. We've started the downsizing...sold our big home and bought a DW mobile home in a 55+ community...this will be our home base. Selling our current small toyhauler so we can start saving big for our class A toyhauler...we plan to keep our home as a homebase and travel about 6 mos out of the year to start. Anyone have any comments good or bad about the class A toyhaulers? our other thought is to just get a 30 ft class A and put a hydrolic motorcycle lift on the back and tow a jeep...all feedback appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

I hope I don't end up being the only post in the month of June. DW the dogs and I are headed to Ceede, Colorado last full week of July. Anyone else doing anything this summer. Fourteeners are getting pretty quiet. :D

Lisa and Greg Kenley

We will be in Vegas for a week in July. If things go well, I may skip a class or two and Join the class of 2011. :P

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Thats not fair, Jim. But, go for it. Thats all I can say.

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Is it 2014 yet? Sadly our plans may have changed...to 2011!!! Agency is offering early outs, thinking seriously of taking it and running. Only holdup is this dang house, it has to go! If we can sell it by 8/31, we will be on the road 9/1! Exciting and scary at the same time.

That's good news BDH, hope your house goes quick.

I have not posted lately because my iPad would not let me. I changed some settings and now I can post again. We are still on track for dec 2014. Right now we are lake havasu for 4th of July.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

For today, our retirement date is planned for 28 Feb 2014--Lord willin', we'll make it!!!

Only 32 more months. However, since last Feb, it seems the months roll by like molasses in January (somewhat slow); but, there's fun in the planning.

Raymond

Raymond (G8r.Ray; i.e., Gator Ray) & Janet
Grinnin' ear-to-ear, since 2012-03-14

2005 Volvo 630 Motor Coach,

VE D12 465hp/1650lb-ft, 12 sp FreedomLine (2-Peddle),
217in WB, smart car deck/bed by Toterman, Pressure Pro,
PowerTank, Crossfire (dual tire pressure equilizer)

2006 smart forTwo Passion (450, Gen I), Ruby Red/Silver
2008 smart forTwo Passion (451, Gen II), Blue/Black
2009 DRV Mobile Suites 36RS3

DW, dogs and I are headed to Creede, Colorado, late July for two weeks. It's been a roller coster ride this spring. DW developed Shingles this spring. It is caused by stress. She is much better but still fights it every day. Her employer, a division of the State of Missouri, is reducing it's employees by 1200 people in the next year and a half. No job is safe. I told her to just go ahead an quit. We got it covered financially. She said they are going to have to fire her, she's not quitting 1.5 years before retirement. I don't blame her but it sucks worrying about your job 1.5 years prior to retirement. We are cascading down hill toward the good life. With no children, our needs financially are less than some. I keep telling her to pull the plug before the stress gets the better of her. She is hard headed, stubborn, mule headed, and I love her. We will see how it goes.

Lisa and Greg Kenley

It's funny how after I get back from a trip I am refreshed and I am ok with working 3-4 years more. Then after only a few days, I am burnt out and can't wait to retire. 2011 is half over and we retire dec of 14. It will come around quick. We are on track paying off our bills and saving money.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

I am so there too!. We just got back from our longest trip yet; four weeks. We traveled from central California up to the Olympic Rain Forest and back down along the coasts of Washington, Oregon and California. We planned it to be a "test trip" of sorts and tried to take the trip the way we envision fulltiming. So we had lots of record keeping and great discussions a long the way. It was great and other than getting stuck in the sand on the beach in Washington B) we didn't even have anything else go wrong! It was great and I came home with a great mindset that 3-4 years there was still alot to do and I was up for it......and it's been two days since we've been home and I want to be retire NOW and get out there!! Oh well...our big thing now is to get the credit cards paid off and save enough to buy a class A in the fall of 2013. As long as we can stay focused on that I think we'll be ok :)

Diane and Michael
The "kids" Penny and Tatonka
Chevy Silverado pulling a 36ft Alpenlite 5th Wheel
Class of 2015

Archived