class of 2014..follow along!

Wife and I had a long talk yesterday and I will be meeting with a realtor on Thursday to discuss selling the house and to start the process of interviewing realtors to pick one. We hope to have a garage sale in May. As previously posted we will not be taking our usual summer trip in hopes of doing everything we need to so the house gets sold. We have an appointment with the retirement counselor on June 5. Moving in the right direction.

Chris

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dosbeagles, that would be awesome. I keep racking my brain to try to move to 13, but I think we will have to wait. Me and wife spent fri, sat and sun doing yard work and detailing our house. Looks good enough to sell. I am glad the market is improving and I hope it keeps improving. Good luck with the realtor.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Congratulations guys, it sure is a good feeling. We had our closing date change 5 times before it really happened, and when it finally did we wound up "stunned" standing in the parking lot looking at each other in disbelief! Then when reality crept back in we danced around high fiving for a while. Anyone watching us probably thought we were crazy, but it sure was fun! :lol: Now, after full-timing for 5 years we still dance around in a parking lot every once and a while, and it's still fun!! Enjoy the adventure and maybe we'll bump into each other on the road someday. Steve

Thanks Steve - I'm pretty sure we will be stunned! If we can just get past the appraisal intact we will feel much better. We can't wait to start meeting the "Fulltime RV Family"

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
2007 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Diesel Dually
Class of 2014

Well we met with a realtor today and even though I thought that we would just get info and see what needed to be done to get the house ready to sell my wife & I agreed to a listing. There are only 20 houses for sale in our area and none in our size and price range. All of a sudden things speeded up and we now have alot to do over the next few weeks. It won't hit the MLS until we are ready but the firm we listed with is the largest in our area and for the next couple of weeks until we have it ready they will be the only ones showing it. If someone wants to buy as is so much the better. We will be painting and doing a few other things over the next few weeks. A big step forward. Will not lose any sleep or miss any meals but the goal will be getting closer.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Took some more crap to the goodwill, feels good. Even though it was tough getting rid of the ice cream maker I have not used in about 10 years. One side of my brain said, keep it and make some ice cream. The other side said, get rid to it, you don't need any ice cream.

My wife said she is excited and scared. I am sure it will get scarier as time goes by and we getter closer to our date.

I just hope and pray that the housing market for sellers keeps getting better and better.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Well we got the sign up in front of the house. Really feels like were are moving forward. Stopped at Final Touch to have some minor remodeling done- new MCD shades,D/s & P/S seats redone and some of the cabinentry changed the said it would be ready by End o May. Everything might come together and we will be 2013er'ss as opposed to the class of 2014. We can't wait to take the plunge in the 2013 pool. Goning to have an open house next weekend. Thinking of new things all the tiume,... We will get it done.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Well we got the sign up in front of the house. Really feels like were are moving forward. Stopped at Final Touch to have some minor remodeling done- new MCD shades,D/s & P/S seats redone and some of the cabinentry changed the said it would be ready by End o May. Everything might come together and we will be 2013er'ss as opposed to the class of 2014. We can't wait to take the plunge in the 2013 pool. Goning to have an open house next weekend. Thinking of new things all the tiume,... We will get it done.

One more thing next week a 1 year old beagle boy will be paroled from county facility for unruly beagles. We are trying to work with a couple of shelters to get hime released to us so that he can be taught the ways of a proper beagle gentleman by my two little buddies Rita and Lucky and become the 3rd 4 legged furball of our merry clan. Will b e following up with B&YB group wednesday or thursday.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Got an offer presented to us on the house. Not quite as much as we had hoped for but the realtor is working on the people. They want to come back and see the house again begining of the week. Full timing might be on us a full year sooner than expected. WOW!!

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Got an offer presented to us on the house. Not quite as much as we had hoped for but the realtor is working on the people. They want to come back and see the house again begining of the week. Full timing might be on us a full year sooner than expected. WOW!!

Wow, that was quick. I hope it goes well for you and you can jump to the 13ners.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

We got the paperwork from wifes retirement people we needed much earlier than anticipated. We meet with the counselor May 28. Should know by the end of May if she can retire at the end of this school year. Only thing left is to sell the house. This weekend mothers day going to visit mom, next weekend move all of the heirlooms out to a storage locker(stuff we will not sell in garage sale). Yes I have read that it makes no sense to store items but these are irreplaceable due to family connections and I am an only child and my father is an only child, so they stay. Memorial Day weekend = Moving Sale everything must go!!! Oh and by the way we have an openhouse this Saturday.

We will definitely be amoung the 2013 from here on out. Best of luck to all 2014 class members.

Chris

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Buyer - Done, Contract - Done, Inspection-Done, Appraisal-Done, waiting for the contractor to fix things on the inspection :angry: , then we can re-inspect, re-appraisal, Closing!!!!

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
Class of 2014

• 2 weeks later...

We are 14 days out from closing and it seems to be going ok, just can't get my contractor to stay here doing the repairs required by WDO. BUT today we bought our "new" home - a 2009 Jayco Legacy 36 foot fifth wheel. We're pretty pleased with it, we have been looking for awhile. Only stuff in the living room left to sell, hoping to have a moving sale before we move out of the S&Bs but if not, it will just have to wait and go into storage until we get a chance to finish getting rid of everything. We still have a year before we take off for good so we have plenty of time..

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
Class of 2014

Garage sale this coming Saturday hope lots of stuff flies out of the house. Should have the motorhome back from renovations in two weeks then we can start putting stuff in that will go with us. Meet with the retirement counselor next week. Stuff is getting closer.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Contractor finished up, WDO Clear, Appraisal done, down to the wire..closing 11am May 31, we are going to do a final walk through with our "new to us" fiver tomorrow and stay the night in her. They will deliver for us on Monday, we still need a tow vehicle..I am packing, packing, packing. Good Grief, I thought I got rid of everything - NOT~!! There is still so much stuff. We had to get a storage building, hopefully I can go through that over the next year and get rid of that too. I am thinking, set up a table at the nearby flea market..

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
Class of 2014

Good luck and positive thoughts on the closing going off with out a hitch, and same for your new home. You are very brave cutting it this close for the delivery of your 5er. We have had 9 years to get the bugs out and figure out what we want in our rig for full timing. Hope all goes well on delivery and finding a tow.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

hay everyone wife & I are new to escapees we have looked at some other fulltimer forum's in the past but never joined not sure what class we are we have lived in our motor home 5 out of the last 6 years work has been 4 to 5 hrs from home base one way so comp. I work for has been paying perd. for us to stay in our RV this has work well for us and given us plenty of time to make up our mind --- stay home -- or escape -- we did put the house up for sale -- by owner -- about 4 years ago -- just before the bottom dropped out -- just to see what may happen - had a yard sale - sold living room furniture and dining room furniture - then got cold feet and took the sign down and had to buy new furniture -- not to smart -- then prices dropped and no one to buy if you did try to sell then 2 years ago we decided again and talked to a realtor - they made it sound like market in our area was not good for existing homes so we decided to wait I am planing to retire after this job I am on now ( I have worked for a construction comp.-- some one -- for 34 years ) and that should be March or April of 2014 and then we WILL SELL the house - so at this time we are not sure if we will be 14ers or 15ers but do know it will be one of em -- God willing

Stan & Teresa

TeeCee , Skeeter & Peaches

2005 34' fleetwood

2006 CRV

swamped trying to manage one last construction job before retirement

skeedaddle walking dogs &piddlin with rest

we live in our 2005 class a Fleetwood

it'll be coming off it's wheels by the time we're done!

Have not been able to go on a trip in about 6 weeks. So today I took the Moho out to exercise, exercised the geny, gassed it up and topped off the DEF . All went well, I need to go on a trip. Next trip not planned until July, when we take one of our granddaughters to Disney. 18 more months till retirement and we shall take off soon after that.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Got a knock on our front door yesterday evening. I answered the door and the lady at the door said she was looking to buy a house in our area and gave me a note with her name and number. Our house backs up to a small man made lake, and there are only about 10 single story and 5 two story houses on the lake. I figured I might as well show her our house, she seemed to like our house and floor plan. The lady kept saying she wanted to live on the lake and to let her know if we want to sell. I sure am glad the market is getting better.

We really don't want to sell until next February or March and then live in our Moho at a local RV Park until we retire, which will be the middle of December 2014. Sure did get us thinking about pulling the plug sooner. I am already eligible to retire, but wife will not be eligible until the end of December 2014. So if we went early, we would have to live off my retirement check only until wife's kicks in. Sure is tempting. I am afraid that if we move into the RV, while we are still working and somewhat stationary, that we may get burned out and start feeling cramped.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Well we are enjoying our new rig, and have decided since we are going to be selling the house we still want a "safety" home base, so we are buying a 1.45 RV lot in the Blue Ridge mountains....its gated and safe, and we figure if down the road we want an exit plan we can either sell the lot or build a house on it.....we can also put a nice big insulated ahed to store some of our stuff......we are so happy with the goosneck and even though we opted for no slide outs, the rig feels solid! If anyone interested in spending time on our lot when we are not there, let us know!

Taking a two week vacation at the end of the month, keeping , my eye on the date of July 16 2014,

The house has been on the market for a month now with about a half dozen lookers and no offers. Still waiting. Maybe we will switch to the class of 2013 and maybe we will stay with 2014. The DW is getting tired of going to work each day waiting for the place to sell.

John

John and Sharon
2011 HH 38LKTG
2001 4700LP
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel

Hang in there, John, we had to sell ours twice. First time we carried the note (bad idea be we were desperate), then they went belly up and we had to foreclose and then sell it again. This too shall pass. Good luck...it will happen!! Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived