class of 2014..follow along!

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

Steps for fulltiming in 2014 are rapidly falling into place. Today we closed on our house and a few weeks ago at the Good Sam/Camping World Rally in Syracuse, NY we put a deposit on a 2008 Holiday Rambler Navigator. The plan is to hit the road full time towards the end of May 2014.

We are renting back our house from the new owners and need to be out by August 3rd. We will rent an apartment then, pick up our new to us MOHO on August 9th. So much to purge but things are going well and all so exciting.

Stuart "n" Leslie from Vermont (for now)

Hello fellow 2014's...back in April of this year I was " just looking" at a 5th wheel to go camping in....no intention of actually buying....strange thing happened...I bought a Keystone cougar 5th wheel :o alright but then proceeded to have a house/yard sale and I now am looking at "camping" the rest of my useable years! Selling my house and everything I don't need and hitting the road next spring. Just one of those spur-of-the-moment things I have every now and then. ( like one December afternoon went out for a loaf of bread and came back with a new 4WD) I hate Maine winters and the house was starting to be a money pit so I filled the empty 2nd parking space with the RV instead....awaiting count down to launch. Putting my backpacking packing techniques to work to condense stuff in the "house".

Will go to S. Dakota for residency and the summer and then where ever for the warmer climate for winter.

Happy Trails! :D

Had our first yard sale and did pretty well, but the house still looks so full. No regrets, just so much stuff! It is easier to get rid of stuff as we go along. My husband looked at me the other day, and said " All I really NEED is you!"

We both sent in letters to the powers that be about our retirements this week (have to give a year's notice). It is starting to feel real! The end is in sight.

Our house is now listed with the realtor and Sunday is our open house. Its hard to type with your fingers crossed! Nine months to go...

Just in case I hadn't, I wanted to welcome you guys (and girls) to the class of 2014 - WE CAN DO IT!!!

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
2007 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Diesel Dually
Class of 2014

Thanks for welcoming them caribbeach. And a welcome to all them from me too.

I get so busy and excited about my own stuff, I forget to welcome our new class mates.

Keep plugging away everybody. Only a little over 5 months left of 2013, and then it's our year.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Hello All,

A friend pointed me to your site. Very grateful to him. We just purchased an OLD (1986) Fleetwood Southwind with 67 thousand miles on it. Reading the posts I get scared that we made a mistake, yet I am reassured because this is something we spent a lot of time praying about, and believe that this is a gift to us from God.

We also live in Maine, and aren't quite retirement age, except that we're both on disability. I can't easily shovel the snow anymore, my husband can't do it at all. We are virtually housebound in winter because of his lack of mobility. So, our plan is to head south for cold weather and come back to Maine in the spring.

We have a home that is going downhill in need of repairs so I don't know what we'll get for it, but we also have 10 acres of land that we plan on selling a chunk of with the home and are hoping to pay the mortgage off, our other debts as well. (camper and van loans).

If we are able, we plan to hit the road no later than December 1, 2013. The house may or may not have been sold by that time and in some ways I hope it doesn't, I love it, our land, our neighbors yet, I long to be out of debt and able to use our income for more than housing and transportation.

Bob can't drive, so if the gas powered motor home will handle it, we'll tow our van. If not, I"m not sure how we'll work that all out yet. We have time to get everything figured out....

Well, nice to 'meet' you all. Thanks.

Blessings, Chrissie and Bob

Welcome! We are scheduled to be a part of 2014 class, but with some of the goals to get everything paid off before retirement, we may have to push back till 2015....lets see. Either way, we can see the future, and it sure looks great! We will be "slightly pregnant", hubby wants to hold onto to the DW MH we have in a 55+ park in Central Florida....he figures the "lot rent" we will pay is about the same or less for camping during the winter months in Florida anyway, and the savings of not having a storage site, etc...so for now, our plans will be to travel April-October, then winter in Florida....but the good thing is that its all so fluid we can change at any time! Hope to see you guys on the road....we just signed up for the spring rally with RV-Dreams in Sieverville TN which should be a great learning experience...there is still room to register. Even though we are doing lots of week long trips, we are for sure still in a learning mode!

Hello All,

A friend pointed me to your site. Very grateful to him. We just purchased an OLD (1986) Fleetwood Southwind with 67 thousand miles on it. Reading the posts I get scared that we made a mistake, yet I am reassured because this is something we spent a lot of time praying about, and believe that this is a gift to us from God.

We also live in Maine, and aren't quite retirement age, except that we're both on disability. I can't easily shovel the snow anymore, my husband can't do it at all. We are virtually housebound in winter because of his lack of mobility. So, our plan is to head south for cold weather and come back to Maine in the spring.

We have a home that is going downhill in need of repairs so I don't know what we'll get for it, but we also have 10 acres of land that we plan on selling a chunk of with the home and are hoping to pay the mortgage off, our other debts as well. (camper and van loans).

If we are able, we plan to hit the road no later than December 1, 2013. The house may or may not have been sold by that time and in some ways I hope it doesn't, I love it, our land, our neighbors yet, I long to be out of debt and able to use our income for more than housing and transportation.

Bob can't drive, so if the gas powered motor home will handle it, we'll tow our van. If not, I"m not sure how we'll work that all out yet. We have time to get everything figured out....

Well, nice to 'meet' you all. Thanks.

Blessings, Chrissie and Bob

Welcome Chrissie & Bob!

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
2007 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Diesel Dually
Class of 2014

Got the appraisal back, not bad but lower than the sale price. Buyer does not care, they will have a large down. We signed some escrow papers today. Things are movin along. RV still in the shop getting some warranty stuff done. Me and wife are getting anxious and nervous. I'm looking forward to our new adventure. We also got our SD mailing address, Americas Mailbox.

10/1/13, we might be living in our RV, but won't hit the road until 14, so we will stay in the class of 2014.

Scott

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Well, it is looking very much like we will be graduating early - 2013. The house has been on the market for 3 months and we have accepted an offer and are scheduled to close on 9/6. DW is ready to depart from her work on of before the end of September, so we will be joining the Class of 2013. :D

See you on the road.

John

John and Sharon
2011 HH 38LKTG
2001 4700LP
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel

Hey, thanks! I know that purge feeling. Most of the "barn sale" stuff is gone. Still have a lot of furniture and a set of kitchen cabinets. I'd planned to remodel my kitchen....planned being the operative word. I've also had to buy a new TV, a 2014 chevy 2500HD, loaded. This outfit will be my residence for at least the next 10 yrs. so all new right out of the box.

I was looking at Black Canyon City in AZ as a possible wintering area. a camp ground called Rivers Edge. Cheap winter rates, around $280 + elec. Just north of Cave Creek area which I love to hike in and near the Tonto Nat'l Forest.

Welcome Kyyote,

Sounds like a good plan, keep us posted on your progress.

We are currently staying at Anaheim RV Resort, CA. Nice park, very clean and quiet. We took our 5 year old granddaughter to Disney Land for her first time. We had a great time, but tired. Now back home to do some more purging.

Steve and Kathy

dog Maggie

2014 Keystone cougar 31'

HI All my name is Andy...I have been running the numbers and have decided that at some point you have to just make a decision. I have set 27 June 2014 as the date for joining the full timers group.

As I have read getting rid of the stuff is the challenge. But I have started and it is going well. Talking with the realtor and getting ready to put the house on the market.

Andy

HI All my name is Andy...I have been running the numbers and have decided that at some point you have to just make a decision. I have set 27 June 2014 as the date for joining the full timers group.

As I have read getting rid of the stuff is the challenge. But I have started and it is going well. Talking with the realtor and getting ready to put the house on the market.

Andy

Welcome Andy52.

Yep, getting rid of stuff is hard. I made a big pile of stuff(tools and junk) to give to my son in law. He is coming over today to pick up the stuff. I definitely won't miss the post hole digger, I hope I never have to touch one of those again. That will give me more room to start clearing out the guest room and put that stuff in the garage. We hope to close escrow sept 15- oct 1.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

• 2 weeks later...

A whirlwind hit our house today. Our family came over and took a bunch of stuff. What a crazy day. I got most the painting done today. Wife emptied out and cleaned the kitchen. Either sister in law will take the rest of the stuff, or off to goodwill it goes. God willing, we will be house less in two weeks.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Well...we've now added a 2013 chevy Silverado 2500HD TV to the list and a Curt 5th wheel hitch. Nothing to stop us now!...It's gonna' be a long winter. House on the market, still lugging stuff to the barn for my daily yard sale and slowly adding things into our new home to take.

Steve and Kathy

dog Maggie

2014 Keystone cougar 31'

we will be going full timming in may of 2014 . Been retired from full time work in sept of 03, but work partime finally my wife said let's go full time rving she didn't have to tell me twice, I gave my boss plently of notice I will be leaving in may. It is a little scarey selling everything and hitting the road but I guess I''ll get use to it. Hope everything goes easy getting rid of STUFF.

we will be going full timming in may of 2014 . Been retired from full time work in sept of 03, but work partime finally my wife said let's go full time rving she didn't have to tell me twice, I gave my boss plently of notice I will be leaving in may. It is a little scarey selling everything and hitting the road but I guess I''ll get use to it. Hope everything goes easy getting rid of STUFF.

Welcome, I am really looking forward to the life. Yes getting rid of stuff is hard. I am currently sitting in an almost empty house. Gave everything away to kids and family.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Last night was the last night we spent in our S&B house. Tonight will be our first night living in our house with wheels. I'm not sure if I'm just tired, nervous, sad, scared or happy. Probably all the above.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

We decided a month ago to to full time in January 2014 instead of waiting until 2016. The DW is planning on finding work where she can along the way. I am going to continue to work full,time as all I need is an airport near by. We are having an estate sale in November to get rid of what we have left. Working on getting our Escapees mailbox set up, registering vehicles and getting our drivers licenses by years end.

Yahoo

Steve and Cindy Kelly

Living and loving life, family and friends

2013 Lifestyle LSFW36

20123 EZGO

No longer full time RV'ing

We are officially homeless, I mean house less. What a day. Our house we were not even trying to sell closed escrow today. We are now living Fulltime in our RV.

And to top it off, someone cut the lock off our bikes and stole them last night. That just down right pissed me off. Oh well, life goes on.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Well, since me and wife sold our house about 8 months prior to our original plan and are now living full time in our Motorhome, we are switching to the class of 2013. Good luck to all the 14ners.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

We took another step forward. Bought a HDT. That will allow us to buy any size 5th wheel we think will make us comfortable. We're moving along slowly but always looking toward the goal. 2014

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

Archived