class of 2014..follow along!

As stated in earlier posts we now are not sure about 2013 or 2014 but next summer when we get back from our summer trip I am going to start the garage sale thing and getting rid of stuff just in case we can pull the plug in 2013. We probably won't know for sure until spring 2013 so until then we wait not so patiently.

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I wish I never found this website. My wife says I am obsessed with going Full time and she is probably right. I sure wish it was sooner than 2014, work sucks(but thankful I have a job). Her job sucks(again thankful she has a job). Oh well, I am sure the time will fly and we definitely need more time to prepare. Still on track with savings, bill paying and getting rid of junk.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow 14ners.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas fellow 14ners. Our Holiday has been great to date. Our Christmas has been great. Both of our Kids flew out to see us and we are enjoying a relaxing holiday. Robin and I have a big year ahead of us this next year. I will be Deploying overseas for a year and she will stay here in Hawaii. Once I get back in the spring of 13 we will be getting down to the short strokes and should be shopping for our FT rig by then. Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

Jim

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

• 3 weeks later...

Me and wife got some purging and organizing done today. Went through a bunch of old pictures, greeting cards and misc papers. Went pretty well, we bought 4 plastic storage tubs, one for each kid and separated stuff according to which kid could would probably want the stuff. We will keep the tubs until we go FT and then give each kid their tub. At that point, they can do whatever they want with the stuff.

We also filled a large trash can with junk/trash.

Going to finish up this phase of purging tomorrow and then chill for awhile. I don't want to overwhelm my wife.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

WE left to go to my folks for Christmas December 22 came home on the 26 and left on a three week winter trip on December 27. Most of the time we were gone did not get on line and when we got home was busy catching up with stuff. Realized today that I have not been on the forums since December 21. Wow time flies...

Had a great winter trip spent 3 weeks in Palm Springs eating hiking seeing different sites. Next week we have a preliminary meeting with the CAl STRS retirement counselor and will set up a private meet after the general meeting to actually crunch some numbers and see if 2013 or 2014 will be the magic year. Nothing against the 2014 gang but if we can pull the plug a year earlier we will. DW is getting real tired of working and is more than ready to retire.

I noticed that there have not been any posts for almost 3 weeks, we need to keep this topic active, and yes I know I have been more guiltiy than anyone else so I accept my blame as well. How about we start sharing plans for spring/summer trips?

Remember 2014 is only 23 months away!!!!!!

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Welcome back dosbeagles. Glad you had a good trip. If you decide to go in 13, I won't be mad, just envious.

We are going to death valley in a couple weeks for a 4 day weekend and then off to havasu in april to start our summer fun.

Me and wife are still keeping our FT dream alive. I was bugging her to death about talking about FTing, so I gave it a rest. Now she is the one bringing up FTing.

Life is good.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

My husband and I will hit the road in 2014 the latest!! So much to do between now and then....buy a MH, sell our house, get kids to move out & be independant(does this ever happen?) and figure out our health insurance.

How are you all going about researching this? We are both very fit and healthy, will be 57 years old when we shove off but our health insurance from our employer ends when we leave the job. I know rates are affected by where your domocile is so how do I do the research on health insurance rates so we can decide on where we want our domocile to be? I am a bit overwhelmed at figuring all of this out. I feel I should get started but don't know where to begin. What are you all doing about this?

Any and all advice would be welcomed!

My husband and I will hit the road in 2014 the latest!! So much to do between now and then....buy a MH, sell our house, get kids to move out & be independant(does this ever happen?) and figure out our health insurance.

How are you all going about researching this? We are both very fit and healthy, will be 57 years old when we shove off but our health insurance from our employer ends when we leave the job. I know rates are affected by where your domocile is so how do I do the research on health insurance rates so we can decide on where we want our domocile to be? I am a bit overwhelmed at figuring all of this out. I feel I should get started but don't know where to begin. What are you all doing about this?

Any and all advice would be welcomed!

Hi leslieO,

I am fortunate that I will have health insurance coverage from my employer after I retire. They only pay a certain amount, so I called them and asked if I chose SD, if I would have any out of pocket expense on my policy. They told me no, that the rates is SD were fairly low.

Yes, it does seem overwhelming sometimes. I wish I was going FT sooner, but having more time to plan will help.

Lot of good info on this site and on IRV2 forum.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Welcome back dosbeagles. Glad you had a good trip. If you decide to go in 13, I won't be mad, just envious.

We are going to death valley in a couple weeks for a 4 day weekend and then off to havasu in april to start our summer fun.

Me and wife are still keeping our FT dream alive. I was bugging her to death about talking about FTing, so I gave it a rest. Now she is the one bringing up FTing.

Life is good.

Our next couple of trips are going to be heading into the San Juaquin Valley. This weekend we will be in Tulare for the 4 day weekend at the Sequoia Stampede then in March we will be in Bakersfield the 16-18 for the Bakersfield Fiesta at the fairgrounds. In April we will go back out to Palm Springs for DW's bday and spring break.

I saw your post a couple of days ago but did not want to answer immediately to keep the post current...

Chris

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

• 3 weeks later...

My poor old Moho is in the shop. We started the generator, waited for it to warm and then turned on the microwave. Micro started smoking and is now fried and geny won't power up the Moho. I have an extended warranty, let's see how hard I am going to have to fight to have them cover the repair.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

My poor old Moho is in the shop. We started the generator, waited for it to warm and then turned on the microwave. Micro started smoking and is now fried and geny won't power up the Moho. I have an extended warranty, let's see how hard I am going to have to fight to have them cover the repair.

Good Luck with the extended warranty and here's hoping that you get your motorhome out in good time.

Chris

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

I hate extended warranties. Freedom Roads which is owned by camp world is my warranty company. I paid $4200 for my 7 year extended warranty, I have not use it in the 5 years I have had it. My microwave got fried. Freedom Roads wanted to have repair shop tear down microwave and repair with used parts. They also wanted all maintenance records on my Motorhome to see if I have complied with the contract. I called them and asked if they did maintenance on their microwaves at home, and no one would answer me. After 2 hours on the phone arguing, they finally agreed to replace microwave. I can't do business with a company like that, and now I am boycotting Campworld.

Funny thing is that I had an appointment to test drive an Itasca Ellipse at Campworld yesterday. Price of Ellipse $372,000. I canceled and will not buy my new motorhome from CW. Loose all my business over a $300 microwave, what idiots.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

• 3 weeks later...

I am really excited. We bought our new home; a 2006 36ft Alpenlite Limited 5th Wheel! It is in beautiful shape and has pretty much everything we were looking for. We went through the daunting task of unloading everything from our travel trailer and now have the fun task of sorting through it all and setting up the 5th wheel. Our plan is to continue to get rid of more "stuff" and then move into it in mid September of this year. We figure we can save more money that way and hopefully use that money to pay off our remaining debts. We will then work until hubby has his 25 years into the school district the end of June 2014, retire and hit the road. I guess technically we'll be "fulltiming" in September of this year, but for me it doesn't count until when we really hit the road in 2014 :P.2014 still feels too far away, but right now we have so much to do the time will go by a little faster!

Diane and Michael
The "kids"; Tatonka and Penny (Pomeranian mixes)and Buzz (the cat!)
36 ft Alpenlite Limited 5th Wheel
2011 2500HD Silverado
Fulltime in 2015 - It's gonna happen!

• 2 weeks later...

2014 is really not that far away. We just got back from a spring break trip to Palm Springs now getting the rv serviced and checked for the summer trip. We leave June 5 and will be gone until August 11. In August will set up an appointment with the CALSTRS rep for a retirement planning meeting then we will really take the first step towards the June 2014 retirement date. DW is still holding out for a buy out package from the district in 2013 so we can move the date up one year. The two month summer trips and 3 week winter break trip help make the time go by faster towards full timing.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Summer trip is planned!!! We leave on June 5 drive to Vegas and spend 2 nights then head up I*15 to the Provo area. Hope to boondock somewhere around there for the weekend and make the final assult into west Yellowstone on sunday or monday. We will be there 2 weeks before moving to spokane washington then to cle elum and on to Monroe. A few days there then starting to head south to Mc Cloud California forup to three weeks. We will be square dancing anywhere along the way we canso if you know any square dances in those areas let us know and we might show up. Hope to see all of the 2014 people using thieir motorhomes this summer.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

we want to join the class of 2014! DH is retired but still does some farming/cattle stuff. I am still working but plan to retire this coming January. We are seriously thinking of setting up a nice rv spot somewhere on our place and leasing out the house. Then we want to wander around and see this great country! We have a 35 ft 5er and enjoy trips to Colorado in the summer. Want to go to the Texas coast this fall. Just had a long weekend camp out and some summer plans around my vacation time. Still have to plan around my work schedule, be glad when that is not a factor smile.gif. So ready for to be on the road and seeing the sights...

Welcome sadiemae,

Me and wife will be retiring late 2014, but might move into Moho in the spring or summer of 2014. Sometimes my retirement date seems far away, but as the months fly by, I know it will be on us soon. Have fun planning your new adventure.

One of my co-workers asked me how I handle all of my stress at work. I showed him the USA map hanging on the wall of my office. I told him when things get stressful, I stare at my map and think about all the places I will travel to, works great for me.

We are going to Lake Havasu on Thursday for a long weekend.

Scott

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Scott, I know what you mean about surviving at work by having your map and your plans in mind! I have a my retirement clock set up on my desktop and click it now and then to 'take me away' when I need the mental escape! I really have enjoyed (for the most part) my job and been thankful to have the employer I have and all that.....but you know when its getting time to do something else!

The time is going to pass fast. It seems to fly by now days whatever I am doing so I figure I need to get out with DH and the pups and enjoy the country!

Hope you all enjoy your long weekend! Lake Havasu area is a place I have seen in pictures , and hope to visit in the future.

Welcome SadieMae to the class of 2014,

Like you we are counting the days until June 2014. We are fortunate to be able to take an extended summer trip (DW is a teacher) and will be gone for 10 weeks this summer kinda like practicing for full timing. The time will go very quickly and there will be lots to do between now and when we all finally hit the road in 2014. In the mean time enjoy read lots because there are a lot of very knowledgeable people who hang out in the forum and lots to learn.

Again welcome,

Chris

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

• 3 weeks later...

Less than 3 weeks to go until the summer trip. Can't wait!!! Getting the last of the motorhome repairs done today and picking it up, next a trip to get washed and waxed and interior cleaned the I get to load it and be ready to leave on June 5. Can't wait but the bigger thing is then only 2 more years until June 2014 and full timing>>>.

We got ot keep this thread alive gang no action since last month!!

Chris

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

We have our Moho and boat at lake havasu. We leave it there for part of the summer. We will be going over on memorial day. Our FT plans are still going good, very anxious to hit the road. I am not sure if I want to make hard plans for the beginning of our FTing, or just wing it for a few months.

Time is flying by, we will be in 14 soon.

Enjoy your trip, dosbeagles.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Archived