class of 2014..follow along!

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our latest will be Jun 3, 1914. next year I will be much antsyier than I am now. Got to have the house sold and everything moved into the motorhome or a stoirage locker. This storage locker is a BIG BONE of contention. My stuff is junk and I admitt it hers is carefully preserved crap accumulated over the years. Most of it will have to be flushed. Not a fun time but the rv won't hold it all. She wants 3 sewing machines for projects, and I say stuff that has not been touched in 5 years does not need to go,. Find a good storage locker place for some furniture and family heirlooms and garage sale the rest.. Example of something we don't need. We have been carrying a foot bath for 9 years. this last summer spent 5 weeks out of 9 squaredancing never used the foot bath. I say it goes she still not sure. I keep telling her we have 40 fee of motorhome x8/12 feet wide and everything including the 2 dogs must be included. We wi9ll see how much ends in storage later to be sold off. This is not the fun stuff. being on the road not thinkin of the stix& brix that is the fun stuff.

We're still four years out but we've already started. Going from a four bedroom, two bath, three car garage to probably a 2 bdrm 2 ba apartment. I said "if it hasn't been used in the past year it goes out to the yard sale. My wife says "if it hasn't been used in the past three months it goes! So we're both on the same page on that one.:D I'll admit, some of it's been hard for me to let go of and the same for her, but we've both done it. We're committed......as soon as we retire, we're outta here!:P

7947198114_277fd08a43_c.jpg

2017 Grand Design Momentum 376TH pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, dually, longbed

JCZ,

Nice set up. I like the big awning.

Stuff is hard to get rid off. My wife and I sold a bunch of stuff at a garage sale about 8 months ago. A lot of the stuff I had a hard time letting go of. Its funny now, because I cant even remember what we sold and dont miss any of the stuff. I keep telling myself, ITS JUST STUFF.

Scott.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

I'm ready to join the class. We've done the math, and think we can swing it in 2 more years. We're starting to deal with the "stuff". That really wont be easy. Haven't decided yet whether we'll be renting the house for now, and keeping our remaining belongings in the attic to deal with later, or whether we'll be able to bite the bullet and actually ditch everything and sell the S & B. Going to Hershey tomorrow to narrow down what we want in a rig.. we'll be buying used when the time comes, but what's "new" now will be "used" then. We've got a long way to go in the next 2 years.. hope to meet you all our graduation, 2014!

Chris & David

Aloha everyone! It has been quite a while since I posted on this thread, but want to drop in and say hi. Robin and I have been on the five year plan for about six years now. ;)Things are all finally coming together. With our eye on the prize and focused on joining the Fulltimer ranks in 2014 we have been gazelle intense. I am tickled to say we are finishing the final stages and everything is falling onto place to get out there on the road with you all.

It has been a pleasure following this thread and seeing all of the excited folks in this class. We have had some changes in our plans though and are pulling the trigger a little earlier than previously anticipated. Robin and I are going to join the Fulltime ranks in April of 2013.

We will be watching you guys and on the boards, but will gracefully bow out of 2014. I will see you guys on the road!

Jim

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Aloha everyone! It has been quite a while since I posted on this thread, but want to drop in and say hi. Robin and I have been on the five year plan for about six years now. ;)Things are all finally coming together. With our eye on the prize and focused on joining the Fulltimer ranks in 2014 we have been gazelle intense. I am tickled to say we are finishing the final stages and everything is falling onto place to get out there on the road with you all.

It has been a pleasure following this thread and seeing all of the excited folks in this class. We have had some changes in our plans though and are pulling the trigger a little earlier than previously anticipated. Robin and I are going to join the Fulltime ranks in April of 2013.

We will be watching you guys and on the boards, but will gracefully bow out of 2014. I will see you guys on the road!

Jim

I am not mad at you, just envious. Good luck to you and have a great time. I have racked my brain to try to find a way to graduate sooner, but we just can't do it.

Scott

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

Jim

Sooooooooo Jealous!!!!!!!!!!! aaaarrrrggggghhhh - have fun you two!! and we'll be right behind you!!!!!!!!!!!:P

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
2007 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Diesel Dually
Class of 2014

Going to get our "picture" taken on Saturday, getting professional photos of the S&Bs, then 1st weekend in October - our first GARAGE SALE!! yaaaaayyyy!! Gave up some family treasures to some of the family and things are beginning to feel "real". I would love to hear more from our class about home sales and how its going for everyone. We will put up a "for sale by owner" sign first and test the waters, would love not to have to pay that commission, but will do if need be.

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
Class of 2014

• 3 weeks later...

Got the pictures of our house for the brochures, if I can ever get a handyman over here I can put the sign up. We are having our first "Moving Sale" tomorrow, pretty excited about that. Then we will get ready for the next one, I thought 3 would be plenty but I may have to revise that, will see how tomorrow goes. Glad you are getting out & about Smack - we have too much to do around here, just kinda stayin put, takin care of business..

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
Class of 2014

I can't remember if I have replied to this post before. If I did, it was hopeful.

I think I can now safely declare Sharon and I will be joining the Class of 2014. We are shooting for 1/1/14 with a not-later-than date of 3/12/14. We will see how the plan plays out.

We now have our TV - 2001 4700LP. We very recently obtained our "home" - 2011 HH 38LKTG. We have our toad - 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid.

We have started weening ourself of our extras. Spring/summer of 2013 I will be getting the S&B ready for market with the goal of having it on the market by mid/late summer 2013. If it sells before, we will stay in the area with Sharon working until 1/1/14. If the S&B has not sold by then, the price will start droping.

That is the plan. :D :D :D :D

John

John and Sharon
2011 HH 38LKTG
2001 4700LP
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel

Hey John, Welcome!! I hope you are as excited as we are!! DH & I that is..We had our first garage sale Saturday and sold a few things, made a couple hundred. We thought that was pretty good, have sooooooo much stuff left though and we still haven't touched the attic. The plan is to get in the attic this weekend and then try the garage sale again the 3rd week in October. Have called several handymen have two scheduled this week - we'll see who shows up...he who shows up gets the job. Never realized it was so hard to get someone to do a few things around the house, oh wait yes I did, I'm married - sorry guys. Anyway, once the closet doors are fixed we will be ready to put our sign out, once that happens I will feel like our journey has begun.

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
Class of 2014

We are off to Disneyworld next week for a week in Fort Wilderness and then next weekend there is a Good Sam Rally in Daytona - I am very excited that we will be attending our first Good Sam Rally, but just for the day to "do research" ha ha. We will just be looking also..:rolleyes:

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
Class of 2014

Off to the Pomona, Ca RV show on Wednesday. NOT buying, just looking.

WE were there last weekend again not buying just looking. Since Escapees endorses Alliant Credit Union opened an account as they have a exhibitor booth there. Lots of pretty motorhomes to see.

Chris

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

Had sort of an emotional day yesterday, had our second garage sale. It didn't do as well as the first, thats ok but there was a lot left over from first & second so we took a whole pickup bed full to Goodwill, just doesn't seem right. Most of it was Christmas but a lot was not, seems crazy that we spent so much on this stuff and kept it for so long just to take it to Goodwill where it will be sold for twice or three times what we offered it for at the garage sale. :angry: I can't tell you how many times I read this on these forums that it would be like this but I still was not prepared. :huh: Oh well, on to next step in our journey!!:)

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
Class of 2014

I am also new to this forum, we will be fulltiming in 2014 as well. I will be retireing in Feb. and my husband will be retiring at the end of March, It seems so far away. Last Aug. we purchased a 2013 Fleetwood Bounder 34', and we have been out severl times since. We are planning a trip to the east coast of Canada (I live in Canada) for our holidays next June. We have so much to do, we will be selling the house and getting rid of all the furniture and all the junk we have collected in the 39 years of marriage, so I guess we will be busy over the winter cause come the Spring and Summer I want to be out Rving as much as possible. Well I just wanted to say howdy to everyone and maybe we will meet someday at some campground.

Oh I have a questions, maybe someone can help, I am not too good on computers and I need to change my sign in name (made a spelling mistake and I know I won't remember it when I have to log in, so any help would be much appreciated.)

Following Our Dream

83 weeks to go!!!! Still sorting through and selling STUFF.......we've got a lot to do before the end of 2013 but the plan is coming together. We got the HDT in 2011, bought the toyhauling 5'er this summer, and are now working on installing modifications to get them where we want them. Time is flying and the list just seems to keep getting longer. :)

Mike & Joan
2006 Volvo 780
2008 KZ Escalade Sportster 41CKS
2001 Honda XR650R
2018 Kymco Spade 150

Had my first "yard sale". Sold a fair amount of "treasures"; camping and caving equipment, and weird stuff that crowd would be attracted to. Gave away some stuff that didn't sell to friends. Then threw away some more. Pretty happy with the way it turned out. Christmas decorations and books are next!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Good news! My Bride is getting out of her 2 year contract at work so I'm the one holding us up. My "best if used by" date at work is 6/29/13. That puts us escaping late in 2013. I'm moving into the Class of 2013 but I'll try to keep track of ya'll. Who knows. I may be back...Good luck Class of 2014!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Hey Caren, and Welcome! I usually send myself an email with my sign in name and password, that way if I forget and can always refer to it. I use the site name as the subject of the email.

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
Class of 2014

Archived