Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are near Baldwin MI and currently parked on the host site. We had a mechanical problem with our SUV 4 miles from home that delayed us a couple hours and a few hundred dollars, but made it here. This weekend is "Blessing of the Bikes" so most sites other than the seasonals are booked for the weekend by bikers. From what I hear we should have a busy, loud weekend for our first weekend here.

Pat DeJong

Our yard sales are going great, however - not one showing yet! We could use your prayers that our house starts getting some traffic. If you know any one who wants to live in the middle of Amish country Pa. have them get in touch with me. I hope it sells but either way we are going on the road in July. I don't want to let it sit but will if we need to. Ira & Vicky - have fun your first night. Yes it is an adventure! Pete & Pat - wow, it has to be a relief to finally get there.

Our yard sales are going great, however - not one showing yet! We could use your prayers that our house starts getting some traffic. If you know any one who wants to live in the middle of Amish country Pa. have them get in touch with me. I hope it sells but either way we are going on the road in July. I don't want to let it sit but will if we need to. Ira & Vicky - have fun your first night. Yes it is an adventure! Pete & Pat - wow, it has to be a relief to finally get there.

It'll happen, once the house sells you'll have already gotten rid of the small stuff.

Ira and Vicky...bet you're getting excited to get out on the road.

Pete and Pat...sounds like a great first gig...we've been to that event, though it was some time ago.

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Mororcycle Jack, I was just down in your neck of the woods last week. It is so beautiful and peaceful there. I just can't imagine anyone not wanting to live in that area. I am sure you will start seeing some movement soon. Good luck with the clearing out. There is just so much to do.

See you down the road somewhere I am sure.

Vicky

Life is an adventure........live it large!

2004 Holiday Rambler Presidential

pulled by 2008 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually

Skp # 104622

http://ivey-theendlessroad.blogspot.com/

Mororcycle Jack, I was just down in your neck of the woods last week. It is so beautiful and peaceful there. I just can't imagine anyone not wanting to live in that area. I am sure you will start seeing some movement soon. Good luck with the clearing out. There is just so much to do.

See you down the road somewhere I am sure.

Vicky

Thanks for thinking of us. Since we've already been on the road for a while (winter in Texas, now back in our area, soon to NH for the summer) we have a MUCH lower level of stress but the DW is bothered that we haven't had a showing yet. As you said, it is such a nice place to live and we are only an hour from Philly, but I wake up to the horse drawn buggies and shop at the local farmer's sale. Talk more later.

Well the conversion is going along pretty well, minus a dead alternator. We're still expecting to be ready to hit the road this summer, but maybe this September. *think summer think summer* :)

Kind regards

~Laughter is as essential as the air we breathe~

Cool Glenn (Dixonge)!! That should make life a little more comfortable. Kelli and I have been in the Bird for over 4 weeks now and had to pay our second months rent. The house should go up for sale soon and retirement is the end of August. One more Texas summer. Then we will be Sunbirds, we were already snowbirds.

George Roberts

1994 40' Bluebird Wanderlodge WLWB 500 HP Detroit Diesel 8v92

Towed: 2008 Jeep Sahara Limited Hardtop 4 X 4

Blog: Not a Moment Too Soon

OK - you guys are making us jealous. We've started our remodel (removed the dinette and the cabinets are in the trailer but not actually set in place yet - we have the counter top and the formica should be here next week) and we'll be having a yard sale Memorial Day weekend. But we won't be retiring until September 30 so have 4+ months to go. We still have lots to do so shouldn't be complaining - but we want to be living in the trailer and on the road.

We'll be in Livingston in November and there's a Boot Camp there in November. Do you recommend it? We've been RVing forever but I know you can always learn something.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

2012 Montana 3150 RL Hickory Edition

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4WD

"Off to see the Lizard"

www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses

We are in the final stages. Have had 3 garage sales, have the MH at our first camp host position and are spending time at both locations trying to get everything done. Leaving to go back to the MH tomorrow, back here for a few days next week and then hope to have more sales to get the garage cleaned out. House is pretty bare and most of the things we want to keep are in the MH. We should start sleeping full[-time in the MH with the next two weeks. Can't wait to get the house part of this done. After that we will just come back during the day at times to mow the lawn and do a little painting. Keys turned over to the tenant on 6/27/11 .

Pat DeJong

Well it's been a week since anybody posted - guess we're all busy getting ready to go. We sold the dinette out of our fifth wheel this week - so glad to get it to someone who can use it and get some money as well. We also sold the swivel rockers and small stove/oven we replaced. It's good to be making some headway!

With all this terrible weather this year, we're thinking we'll try to avoid the midwest in the springtime. Have sure been thinking about the RVers we know are in the area and relieved every time we hear that they're OK.

Hope everything is going well with y'all (practicing for our future Texas residency).:P

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

Well it finally happened for us, the house closed last Thursday, took a year and three contracts (plus offers that we turned down) but its a done deal now. We are sitting in a nice small campground in Hondo Texas in our new Fifth Wheel, will be here about a month while we do last minute dental work, get new glasses etc., already have the SKP address set up and will drive over to Livingston to register the vehicles. The rest of summer will be in Colorado going through the storage unit, then in the fall to North Carolina to visit with my mom and sisters, then back West to Texas and Arizona for the winter. We both feel like a big weight has been lifted off us.

See You On The Road.

Bill & Pat

2002 Ford F-250 SD CC 4X4

2011 Forest River Wildcat 313RE FW

Congratulations, Bill & Pat! How wonderful to be free! Enjoy!!!

Our group yard sale went very well - we got rid of a lot of stuff. We're working on it and looking forward to joining you in 4 months. Let us know how it goes with your new 5th wheel, etc.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

Thanks David & Judi. We got rid of lots of stuff also but had a contract a year ago that looked like a sure thing so we shipped the things we wanted to keep to Colorado and put in a storage unit, then a week before closing the contract fell apart. We essentially camped out in an almost empty house for a year, during that time we purchased minimal things to use in day to day living, well when we loaded everything up in the fifth wheel I was amazed at how much we had, can't wait to get up to CO. to lighten the load, most of the excess stuff in the FW will go to our daughter. We had a 26ft TT and after spending 6 weeks in AZ last winter we realized it was to small for us so traded it for a 35ft FW with three slides, bigger than what I had in mind but DW said she wanted to be comfortable if we were going to do this.

Good luck to you and everyone else working to rid themselves of sticks and bricks to get on the road.

Take Care

Bill & Pat + one German Sheppard

2002 Ford F-250 SD CC 4X4

2011 Forest River Wildcat 313RE FW

Well it finally happened for us, the house closed last Thursday, took a year and three contracts (plus offers that we turned down) but its a done deal now. We are sitting in a nice small campground in Hondo Texas in our new Fifth Wheel, will be here about a month while we do last minute dental work, get new glasses etc., already have the SKP address set up and will drive over to Livingston to register the vehicles. The rest of summer will be in Colorado going through the storage unit, then in the fall to North Carolina to visit with my mom and sisters, then back West to Texas and Arizona for the winter. We both feel like a big weight has been lifted off us.

See You On The Road.

Bill & Pat

Congratulations!! We hope to get a sign in the yard on Tuesday. We are in week six of fulltiming in our 1994 Bluebird Wanderlodge and loving it. It will be very nice to get our house sold and off our back. Any offer that gets us out will most likely be accepted. If we get lucky we could have quite a bit of equity too, but we are setting our sites low. That should help move it too.

George Roberts

1994 40' Bluebird Wanderlodge WLWB 500 HP Detroit Diesel 8v92

Towed: 2008 Jeep Sahara Limited Hardtop 4 X 4

Blog: Not a Moment Too Soon

Bill & Pat -

I'm envious but thankful your house finally sold. I'm sure that's a relieve to you. We are up north now and yours is being opened for open house on the weekends by our agent. Hope that gets some movement on it. The agents keep saying that we need to lower our price. I asked them, who's driving this down turn in the market, you the agents or buyers? I told them if they would get people in our house it will sell but just telling me that I need to reduce the price in the hopes of someone coming along because it's under priced doesn't cut it with me.

Sorry went off on my tangent. I'm happy for you guys enjoy your time on the road.

John

The agents keep saying that we need to lower our price. I asked them, who's driving this down turn in the market, you the agents or buyers? I told them if they would get people in our house it will sell but just telling me that I need to reduce the price

The surest way for a salesman to lose a buyer is to show them overpriced products. There are very few uninformed buyers out who don't know the market. The salesman can chose to show any product available and it is in their best interest to pick the best values, the most aggressively priced product, on the market. If your house isn't being show you are only fooling yourself if you blame it on the salespeople.

I sold three properties in this market in order to move on with my life. I specifically instructed my listing agent to price my house to get it sold. When she started making excuses for the conditions in the market I informed her that the state of the market was not her fault, she couldn't change it, she could only react to it, and I understood that. After two months I was getting some traffic, but clearly not enough to sell the property in the time frame I had in mind. I called the Realtor and instructed her to reduced the price, and reluctantly she did. Two weeks later I had a contract.

The problem with reducing your price in a depreciating market, and this is a depreciating market, whether you want to admit it or not, is it is very hard to get ahead of the pricing curve. If you drag your feet on reducing your price, by the time you finally do reduce the price, you're already overprice again.

When we sold our house I would only agree to a month to month contract. Told him that if I say he was working at it I'ld renew the contract, if not then after 30 days I could get someone else. JMO

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

We have an excellent realtor who had previously sold houses for us. When we sold our last house in 2008 we took a bigger cut than he thought we should. But, we were ready to move on. Since HE worked for US, we did the deal.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well, looks like I'm part of the family now like it or not! I got the rig out and to the park at Wilderness Lakes in Ca. Set stakes today and will be here through the end of June, then off to Colorado and destinations further east. Probably won't make it back to Cali until November or so, but we'll see how it goes. House is still up for sale, but I'm biting the bullet and heading out anyway. Feels good!

According to my calculations, this problem doesn't exist...

Congratulations!

Well, looks like I'm part of the family now like it or not! I got the rig out and to the park at Wilderness Lakes in Ca. Set stakes today and will be here through the end of June, then off to Colorado and destinations further east. Probably won't make it back to Cali until November or so, but we'll see how it goes. House is still up for sale, but I'm biting the bullet and heading out anyway. Feels good!

• 2 weeks later...

Less than two weeks to go until we're on the road. Earlier than expected but things change :) Spending the day cleaning house and moving things into our ride :) Will be good to be back on the road!!

Kind regards

~Laughter is as essential as the air we breathe~

Archived