Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess it's time to attach us to a class. Up 'til now the only class I've is DW. :D

We both retire on March 31. We'll stay in Austin through April as we do a few things to the rig and catch our breathes. We have called ourselves fulltimers for the past 3 1/2 years since we sold our S&B and moved into the MH in August 2007. Due to work constraints, we have traveled very little in that time. Now that we get to move about, we chose the class of 2011 to hang our hats on.

After sitting primarily in one spot for a few years we still have some purging to do, but nothing like we did in the S&B.

Good Luck to all of our new classmates. Happy Trails to all!!

-- Kevin

Good luck Kevin on the travel. Maybe one of these days we will cross paths and have maybe a cold one.........Ice tea? lol

Dave

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

YAY!! Today we move into our 5th wheel affectionately known as Serenity. :lol: The sad part is that the wheels wont roll until the house is sold. :( It it going on the market later this week. After that who knows.

Hopefully we will get to meet our classmates down the road sometime later this year. :P

Ira and Vicky

Life is an adventure........live it large!

2004 Holiday Rambler Presidential

pulled by 2008 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually

Skp # 104622

http://ivey-theendlessroad.blogspot.com/

One step foward, two steps back as they say :lol:

As we were plowing along sorting, tossing & getting ready to put the house on the market, our realtor advised us we had waaay too much stuff to really show it effectively, and recommended we have an estate sale first leaving the minimum furniture that we needed to live & to show it with.

We "thought" that would be no problem, until 4 estate sale companies later, we were pretty much told "Hey, without all the furniture going with all the smaller stuff, it aint worth our time" {insert a few choice words here..lol}

Nevertheless, we have continued boxing stuff for storage & purging 52 & 49yrs worth of accumulated junk and now we have an auction company coming to retrieve everything else on 4/5. Man that will be a load off our minds & we can finally get the For Sale sign up out front.

In the meantime .. we found a coach we love, and have made an offer pending a formal inspection. So we'll keep our fingers crossed until we can blurt out we're OWNERS! LoL

If things do work out with the coach we like, we're going to set up camp at a local RV park so George can continue to finish out his final 5mos before retirement, and get to know the coach better, and practice driving her before we try to take off & get to a real driving school.

Beside ourselves doesnt even cover the emotions :)

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

Wow didn't realize it had been so long since I posted here... but the update is as such... we both retired in early March and headed out on the road on March 3rd. Left Texas and our house is still for sale : ( but we are fulltiming and know we will eventually sale it... we bought a used 2007 Tiffin Allegro Bay and are towing a Honda CRV.. now in North Carolina where we stay put for a while and then head further north... good luck all... visit us at zeetraveler.blogspot.com

entered the RV fulltime class of 2011 - March!

On the Road to Retirement...zeetraveler.blogspot.com

Greetings Everyone!

My Sweet Babboo and I will begin our fulltime RV adventure in May of this year. We are scared half to death and yet looking forward to this new chapter with great expectations. We are both overwhelmed with all of the things that need to be done and are working hard on maintaining our cool quotients and composure although tempers and nerves have been frayed and flared more than once. We are long time campers and just bought our new 5'r in the fall of 2010. The rig is currently at my friends farm and we can't quite get at it yet to start loading it up with our "deemed essentials". Our house is on the market and the basement crawl space is finally cleaned up. Lots of stuff going to storage and then in late April we will be staging the "mother of all garage sales". What doen't sell will be given away or trucked to the dump. We will be living "off the grid" pretty much for the summer out at our rented lake lot at Pigeon Lake. In the fall we are destined for Osoyoos BC or points further South in Arizona if the climate in Osoyoos gets ugly.

Although retired from a 30 year Federal Government career I still work in a part-time capacity as an P I and a computer forensic investigator so I may have to fly back to Alberta a few times over the winter months. We will have to see how that works out - ciould be some interesting times ahead. I wish I could put up some pics of our 5'r and the Dodge RAM TV however I am waiting until I can get some nice shots without the snow drifts around the trailer.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers!

Mike

Something new - 2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB

Something old - 1999 Dodge RAM 2500 2wd Laramie, 5.9l CTD

Mike, Carol and Kenzie Shweine Tod (our Shih'tnDash)

Congrats to you both Mike!

We too are right in the middle of working hard to maintain our composure while trying to get everything done & hit the road later this year! :lol:

Happy trails & hope to see ya'll on the road sometime.

Greetings Everyone!

My Sweet Babboo and I will begin our fulltime RV adventure in May of this year. We are scared half to death and yet looking forward to this new chapter with great expectations. We are both overwhelmed with all of the things that need to be done and are working hard on maintaining our cool quotients and composure although tempers and nerves have been frayed and flared more than once. We are long time campers and just bought our new 5'r in the fall of 2010. The rig is currently at my friends farm and we can't quite get at it yet to start loading it up with our "deemed essentials". Our house is on the market and the basement crawl space is finally cleaned up. Lots of stuff going to storage and then in late April we will be staging the "mother of all garage sales". What doen't sell will be given away or trucked to the dump. We will be living "off the grid" pretty much for the summer out at our rented lake lot at Pigeon Lake. In the fall we are destined for Osoyoos BC or points further South in Arizona if the climate in Osoyoos gets ugly.

Although retired from a 30 year Federal Government career I still work in a part-time capacity as an P I and a computer forensic investigator so I may have to fly back to Alberta a few times over the winter months. We will have to see how that works out - ciould be some interesting times ahead. I wish I could put up some pics of our 5'r and the Dodge RAM TV however I am waiting until I can get some nice shots without the snow drifts around the trailer.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers!

Mike

Kellie & George Roberts

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

Not A Moment Too Soon

Mike and Carol, welcome to the forum and the adventure

Fear of the unknown is completely natural, I hope cause that's what we're feeling, so know where you're comming from, just take it slow and enjoy.

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Talk about a load off! Whew :D

As of today, we literally emptied a 1700+ sq ft home off to the auctioneers we're using & now we are down to only the furniture we need to live with & show the house with. Two 16ft trailer loads of stuff spanning two days. I can finally see the floors in all the rooms. Haha.

One of the movers is stopping by later with his wife so we can make donations to their church of all the excess towels, bedding, blankets, etc. that must go too. Nice to be able to help others in need too while we're doing this.

All we have left is to get the For Sale sign up next week & keep our fingers crossed hope its quick & painless :unsure:

In the meantime, we pick up our new MH next Thursday, move her up to the CG we chose, and start moving stuff into her. We hope to "officially" be living in her fulltime within a month or so. Then, again, we wait -- for George's 8/31 retirement date.

So close we can smell the open road already!

Kellie & George Roberts

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

Not A Moment Too Soon

Congratulations and great job!

Here still waiting for a house buyer.

Talk about a load off! Whew :D

As of today, we literally emptied a 1700+ sq ft home off to the auctioneers we're using & now we are down to only the furniture we need to live with & show the house with. Two 16ft trailer loads of stuff spanning two days. I can finally see the floors in all the rooms. Haha.

One of the movers is stopping by later with his wife so we can make donations to their church of all the excess towels, bedding, blankets, etc. that must go too. Nice to be able to help others in need too while we're doing this.

All we have left is to get the For Sale sign up next week & keep our fingers crossed hope its quick & painless :unsure:

In the meantime, we pick up our new MH next Thursday, move her up to the CG we chose, and start moving stuff into her. We hope to "officially" be living in her fulltime within a month or so. Then, again, we wait -- for George's 8/31 retirement date.

So close we can smell the open road already!

Thanks! We're getting more excited by the minute. I've got my fingers crossed for ya'll & everyone awaiting the stix & brix to depart. We've had nominal housing movement in our area within 10-20 blocks so we're still pretty hopeful.

We do have what we think are some good things going for us - walking distance to 2 grade schools, 1 Jr. High & the main highschool here & its on a nice quiet cul-de-sac with seasoned neighbors & no idiots :lol:

Just got to hang on to our faith {and sense of humor}.

Congratulations and great job!

Here still waiting for a house buyer.

Kellie & George Roberts

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

Not A Moment Too Soon

Congrats again KD, sounds like everything is comming together for you , sounds like we'll be hitting the open road about the same time...maybe catch ya @ Q .

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

We're looking forward to meeting ya'll & all of our graduating class soon! We're gonna do everything we can do to put ourselves in Quartzite this coming January .. We plan/hope that will be our first "big" trip :)

Congrats again KD, sounds like everything is comming together for you , sounds like we'll be hitting the open road about the same time...maybe catch ya @ Q .

Kellie & George Roberts

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

Not A Moment Too Soon

KD, did you post more pics of your new rig?

We're looking forward to meeting ya'll & all of our graduating class soon! We're gonna do everything we can do to put ourselves in Quartzite this coming January .. We plan/hope that will be our first "big" trip :)

No new pix yet since we've been so busy getting rid of all the clutter in the house over the last two days .. but there will definitely be way more pix of her in the near future ;)

I did video that big bad DD 8v92 during the inspection :lol: And when we decided to see what the Kenwood surround sound really sounded like .. LoL .. could not have been a more perfect song "Stairway to Heaven" playing.

th_MVI_0647.jpg

KD, did you post more pics of your new rig?

Kellie & George Roberts

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

Not A Moment Too Soon

We're joining the Class of 2011 on June 1 and are SO excited! My daughter and I are finishing up all the last minute things before starting on this fulltiming venture that we've been planning for over 2 years. We bought a used 24' motorhome, will be towing a CR-V, and will have our skinny little dog as a travel companion.

We're from Oregon and will be staying in the western USA for the summer, hopefully getting into Canada also. We'll head to warmer climes as fall and winter approach, with plans to spend time in Quartzsite and Yuma this winter. Then it's off to the south and on up the east coast. Our fulltime plans are long-term and I hope to meet lots of new people and make lots of new friends!

Looking forward to seeing and doing all there is to see and do on the road.

GypsyChicks

GypsyChicks, welcome to the forum and the class, getting bigge all the time. Remember it's a lifestyle you don't have to race around and try to see everything this summer ;) Travel safe and enjoy, maybe we'll see ya in Q this winter, wow that sounds great, no more snow lol.

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

GypsyChicks, welcome to the forum and the class, getting bigge all the time. Remember it's a lifestyle you don't have to race around and try to see everything this summer ;) Travel safe and enjoy, maybe we'll see ya in Q this winter, wow that sounds great, no more snow lol.

Thanks for the welcome, Furball Express. You're right. With it being a lifestyle we don't have to rush to see everything - we've got the rest of our lives to see and enjoy it. Looking forward to a SUNNY winter in AZ.

Looks like this is the place to shout that we have a closing date on the home (they're paying cash so no financing to worry about) and we will be full timing on the 10th of June. We have been snow birding to FL for the past few years and have enjoyed each others company, for the most part. ;) We will stay the summer in RI and get everything organized and September will find us heading west and then south west for the winter. See ya on the road!

Archived