Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations. :D That sounds like a wonderful life. Do you have a blog? I think it would make for interesting reading.

Vicky

Yes we do have a blog: http://hallsontheroad.blogspot.com/

2010 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually Mega-Cab with 4.10 gears and a Pullrite Superglide

2011 Jayco Eagle 365 BHS with all options (except the fireplace)

2012 Yamaha Zuma 125

DH - SteveDW - Joanne#1 Son - Ian (10)#2 Son - Brendan (5)#1 Daughter - Chloe (5)#1 Dog - Max (Shih-Poo 2)

Full timing since December 2011

http://hallsontheroad.blogspot.com/

Yes we do have a blog: http://hallsontheroad.blogspot.com/

Will you be workcamping out on the road?

Looks like a great start to your blog! I don't know a lot about blogs, but some kind of first page summary -- an "about me" might be an informative addition.

After I retired from my principal career, I did a couple of years of substitute teaching as a way of giving back. If we ever sell our houses and get out on the road, who knows, maybe I could give you a break one day. LOL.

Will you be workcamping out on the road?

Looks like a great start to your blog! I don't know a lot about blogs, but some kind of first page summary -- an "about me" might be an informative addition.

After I retired from my principal career, I did a couple of years of substitute teaching as a way of giving back. If we ever sell our houses and get out on the road, who knows, maybe I could give you a break one day. LOL.

Not at first (workcamping)... My DW started the blog and I thought there had been an "about us" page (I'll have her check that)... Hope to see you on the road...

2010 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually Mega-Cab with 4.10 gears and a Pullrite Superglide

2012 Yamaha Zuma 125

DH - SteveDW - Joanne#1 Son - Ian (10)#2 Son - Brendan (5)#1 Daughter - Chloe (5)#1 Dog - Max (Shih-Poo 2)

retire in 31 days... will hit the road in 32 days... haven't sold the house yet... picking up our first rv and future home today...

Good luck! What rig set-up are you favoring?

2012 Yamaha Zuma 125

retire in 31 days... will hit the road in 32 days... haven't sold the house yet... picking up our first rv and future home today...

Are you hitting the road if the house hasn't sold by the time of your retirement? We will wait for ours to sell (and are thinking now of renting it out). :(

I looked at your insurance quote list. My choices came down to two not even on your list -- National Interstate and Blue Sky (went with the former but that is not yet a full timer policy).

Not to step on any one's toes but...... wife retired a week ago, me I retired two years ago. Today we went into RV's for Less and ordered our 36 TKSB3 with everything we want. WOW!!! RV's for Less saved us a ton of money, we discussed all the options we want, thought we wanted and added some we hadn't thought of. Man, Butch and Karen know this business. Two nicer people you will not find.

So we have it scheduled to start production in May, delivery in July or August. Seems that DRV is SUPER busy with all the orders from the shows and need 12 weeks on the schedule to get yours built. We don't want it until August so need to schedule start in May. Ordered today to guarantee the price.

WE ARE DEFINITELY GOING IN 2011!!

Not to step on any one's toes but...... wife retired a week ago, me I retired two years ago. Today we went into RV's for Less and ordered our 36 TKSB3 with everything we want. WOW!!! RV's for Less saved us a ton of money, we discussed all the options we want, thought we wanted and added some we hadn't thought of. Man, Butch and Karen know this business. Two nicer people you will not find.

So we have it scheduled to start production in May, delivery in July or August. Seems that DRV is SUPER busy with all the orders from the shows and need 12 weeks on the schedule to get yours built. We don't want it until August so need to schedule start in May. Ordered today to guarantee the price.

WE ARE DEFINITELY GOING IN 2011!!

Congratulations on your order!!

Friday the 28th of January was my last day and Alana will be done on Feb. 28th- handing the keys to the S&B's to an agent and telling him to call us when he gets a decent offer. Should be out of here sometime in March.

See ya all on the road

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Friday the 28th of January was my last day and Alana will be done on Feb. 28th- handing the keys to the S&B's to an agent and telling him to call us when he gets a decent offer. Should be out of here sometime in March.

See ya all on the road

Awesome! Stay safe and enjoy...

2012 Yamaha Zuma 125

Judy retired in 2004 and I in 2006. We have traveled a lot but just got our house sold and will be full time by the end of the month. Heading to Arizona for three months. ;)

I'd say you didn't get out quick enough-

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Your right Rick. We kicked the idea of selling the house around a few too many years. We had family sickness on both sides the past few years, but that is over I hope. We have friends that have been fulltime for years. Every week I would have to drive two hundred and fifty miles to mow three and a half acres in the summer I kept saying why. Our summer base is Warsaw, MO. Can't wait for the end of the month.

Gary & Judy

2008 F-450

2011 NuWa 38CKQG Champagne

We picked up our new [to us] coach over the weekend. We planned to stop in Dayton to have a tow bar and toad brakes installed and are now iced in at Dave Arbogast RV in Troy OH. They're great people and we're fully hooked up at their place. More ice is coming tonight; the good news is that we're the only people who didn't have to drive home tonight! As soon as we can get out of here, it's back to Maryland to load up and full-timing has begun!

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Congratulations docj! Drive carefully you've got plenty of time now.

I'm in a holding pattern. I have my moving trailer loaded and ready to unload at my storage but with 22" of snow and 4' drifts the guy a U-haul said it might be a week or two before I can get in. I've got about three more trailer loads and we can close and be out of here.

Gary & Judy

2008 F-450

2011 NuWa 38CKQG Champagne

Tonight we're actually "camping" inside the RV dealer's garage so the last of the ice will melt off the coach. This afternoon we started getting ponding which resulted in water coming down through the front A/C. To make matters more complicated, the lead technician's wife needed to be rushed to the hospital this morning so he was out of pocket. If all goes well, we're going to try to get out of here Friday evening before the next snow comes in. All I can say is that the folks at Dave Arbogast RV have been great; one of the managers even gave me his cell phone number in case we had an emergency the night of the ice storm and he needed to come back to the building to let us in for shelter. The weather in MD is supposed to be in the 40's Sunday and Monday (supposedly "normal" except for this year) and we should be able to get everything loaded. Next stop Florida!

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to all that is coming out this year. I'm coming out in July 1 and hubby will wait until I get my first check before he do anything. The house is not sold yet, not moving to fast to get things going. We have been in our RV sent 2008 park by the house. So I fill we are fulltiming already.

Here from the Eastern Shore of Md, Good Morning to all.

PS. could someone tell how to make my picture small. Thanks

Ladyroach2

2008 Itasca Suncruiser

Congratulations to all that is coming out this year. I'm coming out in July 1 and hubby will wait until I get my first check before he do anything. The house is not sold yet, not moving to fast to get things going. We have been in our RV sent 2008 park by the house. So I fill we are fulltiming already.

Here from the Eastern Shore of Md, Good Morning to all.

PS. could someone tell how to make my picture small. Thanks

Congratulations on your first post! Welcome to the Forums and the Class of 2011!

Hope to see you on the road.

Archived