Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

Congratulations!

Looks like this is the place to shout that we have a closing date on the home (they're paying cash so no financing to worry about) and we will be full timing on the 10th of June. We have been snow birding to FL for the past few years and have enjoyed each others company, for the most part. ;) We will stay the summer in RI and get everything organized and September will find us heading west and then south west for the winter. See ya on the road!

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

We've been in the class of 2012 but just decided that we can't take another winter in the mountains (110" of snow this year to shovel and plow - it just doesn't want to quit!) and will retire and hit the road this fall. We don't have a house to sell but do have a house full of stuff to get rid of. We've gone from 18 months to 5-1/2 months to prepare! Wish us luck! :blink: We'll be heading to Texas in Oct/Nov of this year to establish residency, get licenses, etc. Not sure where we'll go from there. Hope to see some of you in Q in January perhaps.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

2012 Montana 3150 RL Hickory Edition

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4WD

"Off to see the Lizard"

www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses

Made it without running anyone down .. which is a very good 1st day in our memory book :D

We had our first fuel fill with the big boys at Loves Truck stop. They were all real nice to us & loved our coach. You can feel your wallet screaming as those gallons click off. LOL And who knew you have 2 pumps you have to pay attention to? Another big LOL

Then our brief, but huge to us, 72mi journey to our first campground began. Even though George did all the driving & I followed him our Jeep I was a nervous wreck!

When we set out on our journey, the winds were a steady 45, gusting to 55 today so we had a tailwind ... NOT. . The route we picked gave George the opportunity to practice his skills dodging construction barrels, the crazy concrete construction barrier walls, on top of fighting a major crosswind and as luck would have it. .. 0.3mi before the turn into the campground .. the driver side awning latch was blown loose by a very hard gust of wind. The best news of all today was that George backed this baby into the spot on one try & we officially dropped anchor around 1pm today.

Our very first campsite.

IMG_20110415_132824.jpg

We're at Shady Creek Rv Park in Aubrey, TX. Only time will teach us the differences in good & bad places to stay, but so far, we've really enjoyed this experiences. People are all very nice. Clean, well kept & only minutes in the toad into town.

Our biggest lesson today was learning how to block the coach's HWH leveling system with 2x12s we had cut at Lowes after 1) our left tag HWH leveler punching a very clean square hole in the ground beneath the coach, 2) trying unsuccessfully 2 more times to get her leveled - bags up, bags down and 3) getting ourselves on down the road to Lowe's .. our new girl really appreciated the lift :D

IMG_20110415_190032.jpg

But we are good to go now & never even cussed each other. ROFL

The wind has finally settled down to about 45mph and the site we drove through & picked out for ourselves - we have the rear facing the wind so we're good to go. Its nice to finally have a level coach, a full belly & a nice glass of merlot in hand to end our maiden voyage :)

There's almost a full moon on the horizon outside our windshield & life is very, very good.

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

Hi!

We've been in the class of 2012 but just decided that we can't take another winter in the mountains (110" of snow this year to shovel and plow - it just doesn't want to quit!) and will retire and hit the road this fall. We don't have a house to sell but do have a house full of stuff to get rid of. We've gone from 18 months to 5-1/2 months to prepare! Wish us luck! :blink: We'll be heading to Texas in Oct/Nov of this year to establish residency, get licenses, etc. Not sure where we'll go from there. Hope to see some of you in Q in January perhaps.

Welcome to the class, I don't blame you one bit, we love MI every season except winter!

We ought to see if we can include a '11class get together in Q this winter along with the other festivities.

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Great to see you pulling ahead your dream! And welcome into the Class of 2011.

Our 2011 plans, assuming we disposition the house, have us heading to Texas also to establish domicile and then working across the southeast to be in Myrtle Beach for Sept/Oct and then taking Nov to work down to Florida and then wintering there (# of different locations in Florida TBD). So we won't be close to Q this winter. Any 2011ers up for a gathering in Florida this winter?

Welcome to the class, I don't blame you one bit, we love MI every season except winter!

We ought to see if we can include a '11class get together in Q this winter along with the other festivities.

Congratulations Psaint, isn't it exciting? We also are shouting from the rooftops. We have sold our house. We hit the road on May 27th. We are soooooo excited. 36 days 23 hours 1 min and 10 seconds. Not that I am counting or anything. We are heading north to Canada first thing and plan to spend part of the summer there. After that, who knows............maybe we will throw a dart at the map.

Life is an adventure........live it large!

2004 Holiday Rambler Presidential

pulled by 2008 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually

Skp # 104622

http://ivey-theendlessroad.blogspot.com/

Congratulations Psaint, isn't it exciting? We also are shouting from the rooftops. We have sold our house. We hit the road on May 27th. We are soooooo excited. 36 days 23 hours 1 min and 10 seconds. Not that I am counting or anything. We are heading north to Canada first thing and plan to spend part of the summer there. After that, who knows............maybe we will throw a dart at the map.

Congrats on the sale of your house, now nothing holding you back, have fun and be safe. Here's to seeing you down the road.

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

Great to see everyone getting to finalize their plans, get their houses sold & hit the road. We still have that pesky house to sell, but it's all coming together & should be a lot easier now that we're tucked away in our new coach & wont be underfoot when the showings begin.:D

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

congrats KD on hitting the road... we have been on the road now about 7 weeks and we too are still trying to sell the pesky house...

That's great been out there 7wks, where've you been and what are your travel plans, so excited for you. Travel safe.

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

Outstanding, you'll enjoy it we spent a day there some years ago on a bike trip. We missed the pony swim by a week, heard it's something to see. Have fun.

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

We are having our first garage sale this weekend. It's been so cold and rainy we haven't been able to get started yet. I have ended work early as my boss who was going to retire on 5/31 had an accident in his home and passed away on 4/7. My job ended 4/15 instead of 5/31 like had been planned. We are needed early at our first position ( 2 weeks early) so we are working like mad trying to get rid of everything, get the MH out of storage and packed with our things. In the middle of all of this, my son is getting married, my mother-in-law turn 102 ( yes 102) years old and there is a birthday party, my son-in-law is releasing his first CD, it's our great-granddaughter's 1st birthday and my mother's 80th birthday. I sure hope I can find some time to get this place cleared out!

Pat DeJong

We are having our first garage sale this weekend. It's been so cold and rainy we haven't been able to get started yet. I have ended work early as my boss who was going to retire on 5/31 had an accident in his home and passed away on 4/7. My job ended 4/15 instead of 5/31 like had been planned. We are needed early at our first position ( 2 weeks early) so we are working like mad trying to get rid of everything, get the MH out of storage and packed with our things. In the middle of all of this, my son is getting married, my mother-in-law turn 102 ( yes 102) years old and there is a birthday party, my son-in-law is releasing his first CD, it's our great-granddaughter's 1st birthday and my mother's 80th birthday. I sure hope I can find some time to get this place cleared out!

If you can't try to see if a family member could run the sale for you as a last resort...just saying

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

Wayne & Maureen - Congratulations on reaching the fulltiming goal! Just a couple of days and you're on the road!

Pete & Pat - We're worried about getting everything done in 5 months but that's nothing compared to you. Hope you'll be able to enjoy the celebrations in spite of all the work.

We just bought our storage shed and are continuing going through the stuff. We have 5 months until we retire and hope to be able to deal with all the stuff and take off within a week of retirement. Since we're entering our busy season at work, it won't be easy - but it will sure be worth it.

David & Judi

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

2012 Montana 3150 RL Hickory Edition

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4WD

"Off to see the Lizard"

www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses

Oh my gosh is there alot of junk! I have the living and dining rooms full of stuff marked for the sale, the spare bedroom is full of stuff, the attic is full of marked stuff in boxes and we haven't even started on the basement, garage or the shed yet. Where am I going to put all this stuff --- I need a bigger driveway and yard. Cloudy and only 54 here today - it better be sunny and warmer tomorrow and Sat like they promised,.

Have family members coming to help -- you are right, maybe they can take over for awhile. Gosh - I need more tables to put stuff on. Better canvas the neighborhood!

Thanks for the support everyone, we appreciate it!

Pat DeJong

Oh my gosh is there alot of junk! I have the living and dining rooms full of stuff marked for the sale, the spare bedroom is full of stuff, the attic is full of marked stuff in boxes and we haven't even started on the basement, garage or the shed yet. Where am I going to put all this stuff --- I need a bigger driveway and yard. Cloudy and only 54 here today - it better be sunny and warmer tomorrow and Sat like they promised,.

Have family members coming to help -- you are right, maybe they can take over for awhile. Gosh - I need more tables to put stuff on. Better canvas the neighborhood!

Thanks for the support everyone, we appreciate it!

If you can't score some more tables quickly, you can go to a dumpster behind a dollar store and just get a bunch of boxes to set up as tables and they are easy to then dispose of.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like full-time to me.

Had the first sale and did really well. Someone who came to the sale saw Pete's truck for sale and came back a few days later and bought that. We got the motorhome, but buried it in mud trying to get it out of my brother's yard. Ended up with a tow truck winching it out . Got it cleaned up at the quarter car wash on the way home. Got new tires put on it and now it goes for an alignment tomorrow. Guess dragging it thru the mud knocked the alignment off,. Rides nice on those new Toyo's though. We're taking the MH to mom's 102nd b-day party tomorrow night. She thinks we are going to be camping in a little tent or something and is worried about us. We decided to take our new home to her so she can see that we will be just fine. Who knows - she may want to go cruising --- she had a hot air balloon ride for her 90th , so you never know. . We are starting to feel better about getting rid of stuff --- hunting, fishing gear and tools to go!

Pat DeJong

Sounds like you guys had a good sale. Too bad about sticking the MH, but now you know how much mud you can (or can't) drive around in. We did that last year. Made a 50 yard dash for solid ground, but got stopped at the 49 yard line. :rolleyes: Coach-net payed off that time.

Getting rid of tools was the hardest thing for me. Then I still took too many with me. Got rid of another load and am about right now, I think. If I kneed anything else, I'll just buy it when I need it, then sell it on ebay. You mom may have wanted to "ride in the tow truck"!! Sounds like a special lady, get her out there blowing the air horns!! I would at 102.. :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Another garage sale for us this weekend biggrin.gif but the house sale prospect crapped out. Maybe the rental prospects unsure.gif.

Hang in there, our hopes were dashed so many times, we couldn't believe it when we finally got a real buyer. Even then we had the closing date changed three times! I was still in a cold sweat the night before the real closing. Aaaarrrggghhhhh! Is all I can say :o Good luck Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Happy to hear your sale went well and got rid of a vehicle, you're getting there fast. As to the stuck in the mud , now you'll have yet another humorus campfire story to share :)

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

Well, we are getting there. Have been loading stuff in the MH for the past 2 days. Thinning the stuff left in the house,. We leave tomorrow for our first camp host position. We will still be back to the house here and there to finish up and have another sale and do a few repairs for the tenants. We will be full-time in the MH by June 1, but excited to be getting started this weekend!

Pat DeJong

Archived