Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

Oh NO :( just heard from the dealer that our RV that was supposed to go into production is sitting on their lot. We will certainly be going FT this year! Now we just have to get the house on the market. Don't care when it sells as it's not a financial necessity for us that it does, just means some of the retirement money is tied up. So hope to see some on you on the road as we travel - New Hamshire, Aug. - Pa., Oct. - Tenn., Nov. - Texas, Dec. Jan. Feb. - March, NM - April, Oregon then who knows?? See ya -

John & Bonnie

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John and Bonnie, congrats on getting going, have fun and be safe.

Becks, Welcome to the forum and on hitting the road. Why wait just 3 extra years of fun, enjoy.

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Good decision. I have met 2 couples now in recent months who tell me they were doing the planning - waiting - buying - waiting for some certain thing and then one of them had a serious health issue that left them unable to travel and they had to give up on their dream. Later may be too late, so your decision is like ours --- go while the gettin is good! We will be starting our dream on June 1 2011. House is rented out - selling almost everything, job is done May 31 and away we go!

Pat DeJong

With DW having retired at the end of February, have parked her car on the street in front the the house with for sale signs. At least it is getting plenty of attention.

But then we did have a house showing finally this past Friday -- waiting to receive the feedback.

Did you get any feedback from your showing?

Paul

One piece at a time, it'll come together.

Was told they really liked it, but that they were just starting their looking process -- hope they will be back.

But we sold DW's car!

Thinking more and more of renting.

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

Was told they really liked it, but that they were just starting their looking process -- hope they will be back.

But we sold DW's car!

Thinking more and more of renting.

I have heard the "just started looking" story. It's depressing. Then again, that's the story we got from the people that bought ours last month. So you never know.

The last day of our tag sale is today. I sure hope they move some junk out today. Tomorrow I need to get rid of what's left. Tuesday night the house gets turned over to the new owners. Can't wait for that. :o

Next up is to find a MH that we like and can afford. Every one we like seems to be about 15K more than we want to spend.

Paul

One piece at a time, it'll come together.

Retired - Check

DW Retired - Check

Motorhome purchased - Check

Motorhome modified - Check

Toad Purchased - Check

Held two garage sales - Check

Craigslist sales - Check

Liquidation plan for rest of stuff - Check

Plans for final motorhome modifications - Check

DW car sold - Check

Retired - Check

DW Retired - Check

Toad Purchased - Check

Craigslist sales - Check

DW car sold - Check

See almost done, now the house is next then you can use Dr. Kings phrase...Free at last ...

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

We rented our house for the season to a couple that we knew. Win win for both of us.

See you on the road!

Seeeeee ya...happy for you...enjoy it for us till we get there.

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

Good to see other classmates getting some action on advancing their plans towards the fulltime lifestyle!

We made some good headway over the last several days ourselves. We have sold our beloved '06 Harley Ultra on a total happenstance, met with our realtor & reviewed their last couple of suggestions, and met with the estate sale folks today for them to get an eye for what & how much we wanted to depart with. We are shooting for the estate sale the last weekend in March, with the house being listed the following weekend. Exciting and a little spooky all at once :lol:

The coolest part of the last several days was the estate sale couple that our realtor referred us to. When I first called her to discuss how they could help, I told her it was an "everything goes" sale. She eventually inquired as to the obvious - everything goes - moving out of the area? sort of questions/small talk. When I said we have intensely researched & intended to take full advantage of the fulltime RV lifestlye .. she let me know how awesome she thought that was & how much they love their big 'ole F350 pickup truck & 32FT TT and although they arent fulltimers .. yet .. she let me know that their entire retirement business is still scheduled around their extended RV get-aways. LoL We had a great visit, look forward to them handling our estate sale & just made some more RV friends. It was rather cool to intermingle our entire visit to include our hopes & their experiences. Hard to beat that. :P

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

Retired - Check

DW Retired - Check

Toad Purchased - Check

Craigslist sales - Check

DW car sold - Check

It looks like your ready to go.

Paul

We graduated to fulltime 2-21-2011. we moved out of the home we were renting, sold or gave away everything that could not go with us. We are storing photo albums, etc in a family members basement. We had a storage unit and got rid of everything. FELT GOOD! So if it could not fit it did not go.

My family consists of my husband, myself and our two girls ages 10 and 13. (both homeschooled). we have a full time spot on the Ohio River but travel about. Currently we are in mechanicstown, Ohio visiting family. The love of having an RV it can go pretty much where ever we want. We left the river due to flood waters. We hope to go back down to the river early April. We have our 1st volunteer position already set for winter. yeah. Good christian lady (park ranger/naturalist) who we talk to a lot via email.

Oh we have 2 dogs who love this as much as we do.

We had a couple bumps in the road we blew a circuit and lost electric and heat lol but it's all good now. Husband had an accident with pig manuer (sp) but hey that occurs on a farm. Oh and we had lights blow out but now we know where to buy the bulbs.

Homeschooling is going great. We travel to libraries when internet is not available. And when tv is not avail we turn to board games.

We look forward to what this new lifestyle brings and anticipate it with excitement.

Wild Woody and Connie

www.wildwoodysoutdoors.com

Glad you found the Class of 2011! And nice to read your blog. We too are working to make more pictures available via the blog. Have seen people who create a link to a Picasa web album and from there all other public albums can be opened. We will figure out how to make that happen one of these days.

We graduated to fulltime 2-21-2011. we moved out of the home we were renting, sold or gave away everything that could not go with us. We are storing photo albums, etc in a family members basement. We had a storage unit and got rid of everything. FELT GOOD! So if it could not fit it did not go.

My family consists of my husband, myself and our two girls ages 10 and 13. (both homeschooled). we have a full time spot on the Ohio River but travel about. Currently we are in mechanicstown, Ohio visiting family. The love of having an RV it can go pretty much where ever we want. We left the river due to flood waters. We hope to go back down to the river early April. We have our 1st volunteer position already set for winter. yeah. Good christian lady (park ranger/naturalist) who we talk to a lot via email.

Oh we have 2 dogs who love this as much as we do.

We had a couple bumps in the road we blew a circuit and lost electric and heat lol but it's all good now. Husband had an accident with pig manuer (sp) but hey that occurs on a farm. Oh and we had lights blow out but now we know where to buy the bulbs.

Homeschooling is going great. We travel to libraries when internet is not available. And when tv is not avail we turn to board games.

We look forward to what this new lifestyle brings and anticipate it with excitement.

Congrats and happy for you, enjoy and watch out for those swelling rivers :lol:

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

We will graduate to fulltime May 1st... :lol:

Welcome to SKP's and the forum and congratulations on getting out and seeing this great country. We're still on track for hitting the road this fall, see ya down the road.

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

I guess it's time to attach us to a class. Up 'til now the only class I've is DW. :)

We both retire on March 31. We'll stay in Austin through April as we do a few things to the rig and catch our breathes. We have called ourselves fulltimers for the past 3 1/2 years since we sold our S&B and moved into the MH in August 2007. Due to work constraints, we have traveled very little in that time. Now that we get to move about, we chose the class of 2011 to hang our hats on.

After sitting primarily in one spot for a few years we still have some purging to do, but nothing like we did in the S&B.

Good Luck to all of our new classmates. Happy Trails to all!!

-- Kevin

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

Archived