Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

We had a great day of sightseeing today at the Petrified Forest/Painted Desert. Both of us have been there before,but it was so much better today. Maybe because it wasn't so everlastingly hot as it always was before when we could only travel during the summer. Anyway, we had a great time and are heading toward Albuquerque tomorrow.

By the way, anyone heard from John and Maureen? Dr. Who, we miss you!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

icon_biggrin.gifWe've been wonderin' about Dr. Who and his bride too... icon_confused.gif

When we were in Layfayette we sent out a holler and didn't hear back...hope all is "okey-dokey" with them... icon_smile.gif

Chime in Guys..."whas-up"? icon_biggrin.gif

While sitting out on the lawn yesterday afternoon...Mike reading a book and me working on Mother's Day stuff...we both agreed that this is what we have been lookin' for for 8 months...a lovely place where the weather was perfect,the views were perfect, and we could just sit and realx icon_biggrin.gif

Well we found it, right here in our own back yard...so-to-speak...being here for a month or so will be a pleasure...hopefully I will get my blog done sometime tonight or tomorrow... so 'yall can see what I mean...

Have a great day all icon_biggrin.gif

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

We had a hard move this morning - all of 10 miles! And we did it on Dave Time. icon_biggrin.gif

We are now in the Sedro-Woolley City RV Campground - nice little park with level pull through sites for $15/night, 30 amp and water. And it is real close to my mom's new place. We spent 4 days in Burlington at the KOA before moving over. Not a bad KOA as they go. They were booked for the weekend so we moved on over. And I think my mom is really tickled that we are staying in the city park - sort of hometown pride.

We're going to take her geocaching tomorrow - there are about 20 caches in this little town and I think she will get a kick out of it. She is 85, but as sharp as can be and very independent.

Next Tuesday we are moving down to the Monroe, WA area for about 10 days to spend some time with my sister. Actually we are just moving about every 7-10 days finding places to stay that are close to some relative and then exploring the areas to see what has changed in 40 years. Can't beleave it has been that long since we left.

Sun is out, I've got broadband service with the air card, a full wine rack - what more could we ask for? icon_biggrin.gif

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

icon_biggrin.gifHey guys...we've been lookin' for Trantula (Blue) Tequila and Trantula (Blue) Margarita mix...all over the US of A...well guess what...I found them right here in Grass Valley...soooo, last night we had "Blue Margaritas"...YUM-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...I also made boneless BBQed Pork Ribs,potato salad and baked beans...oh yes, there was Strawberry shortcake too...the berries were so sweet that I doidn't even put any sweetener of any kind on them...

Good...if I do say so myself...

Good spot, good friends, good food and drink...that's what it's all about...

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Jeff & Suzanne

We finally had a chance to sit down and watch the episode of the Gilmore Girls that you two were in. We saw you both behind the family at the graduation. Hey Susanne what were you looking at when you were looking up.

It is so funny how we reacted when we saw you both. We have a DVR, so we would go a step back to see you both again.

It was " Oh my gosh! There Jeff is and look there is Suzanne. Go back! Go back!" If there had been other people watching with us, we would have been like proud parents at their child’s sports game or play, “We know them, they had dinner at our rig and we ate at theirs!" Yall done did good!!!!!

Classmates,

It is great read that everyone is having a great time traveling.

Hi Billie & Johnny. . .Suzanne was looking up because we all had been directed to look bored...the graduation was "supposed to have been delayed". We were also in several shots of people walking, too. One right after a commercial as the main actors were walking to the graduation talking about having enough programs for the reenactment. There was one of Suzanne's back while Rory was returning the ring; and, one of all of us behind the four girls drinking champagne. Thanks for your kind words. Believe me, doing background work is fun; but, really its very hard work standing and/or walking for hour upon hour with no relief, all for minimum wage. The next show I did will be an episode of "Scrubs", titled "My Point of No Return", that is supposed to air the last Thursday in May. It was the first show either of us taped. I am sitting in the admissions office, waiting interminably to be admitted. Anyone reading this should check the "Scrubs" website to verify air time. I also spent four days working on the pilot episode of "Caveman", the TV series based on the GEICO commercial. It probably won't even air until this fall when new series hit the air, probably on ABC;since, it was a Touchstone Pictures (Disney) production. Again, we'll be checking the "Caveman" website for information. Suzanne taped two pilots, one as yet untitled; and, the other titled "The Middle". Not sure if they will even be picked up by a network

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Hello all from the Redwoods.

Due to the price of fuel we generally have been spending a week each stop and doing our exploring by car. Here along the Redwood coast at Klamath RV Resort the backroads are so narrow and winding that we feel safer as well! The weather here is a shock to our systems after 90's in the Central Valley icon_wink.gif Friday night at Arts Arcata was really cool. All the nice downtown stores stayed open late and offered artwork, wine, snacks and good musicians. Fun icon_cool.gif

We are leaving California today over Rt 199 and traveling to Grants Pass for some suspension upgrades on Monday. By at least Tuesday night we will be near Winchester Bay and we will just miss Gordon and Juanitaicon_frown.gif Where are you two going next?

Rick and Carol, where will you be by midweek? We expect to spend a few days at South Jetty park at Florence.

Safe travels Charlie and Dave -- you may catch up to us at this rate.

Gail and Keith

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

Gail and Keith,

We're sorry we will miss you here at Winchester Bay, but I'm sure we will find each other someplace along the way. Joe and Nancy arrived yesterday and will also leave on Tuesday. We are taking nine days to reach our next destination park in Polson, Montana (Eagle Nest RV Resort) on Flathead Lake where we will be spending a month. We want to spend some time checking out the sights in the area including Glacier NP. On the way up, we will stay on the coast up to Astoria then head over to Longview, WA, and up to Easton so we can spend some time in Roslyn, WA (Cicely, AK in TV's "Northern Exposure) taking photographs and geocaching. We'll never catch up with Barb and Dave at our current pace! icon_biggrin.gif

We hope to see you somewhere along the way...just keep everyone posted on your ever changing locations.....

Rick and Carol,

Joe and Nancy are here....come on up for a little mini-reunion!!

Safe travels everyone.

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Hey Gail & Keith---We are at Honeyman State Park in Florence..It is really nice here. Remember the couple we talked with at the Escapade recommended it. We are planning on staying here through the weekend, but will have to move sites because this one is reserved. The Rhododendron Festival is this weekend in Florence and it's gonna fill up. Also, remember they told us about the great restaurant the Blue Hen. Well, it's closed. Evidently the cooks were selling more than food out the back door...

Gordon & Juanita--We were down in Winchester Bay on Saturday and had lunch at your recommendation, Fishpatrick's...it was delicious. We really enjoyed it. We're planning on hitting your recommendation for Florence later this week. We are really enjoying exploring the Florence area. Rick's gonna try some fishing this week. He's been dying to wet a line. Also, let us know how you like Roslyn, WA. Rick was a huge fan of Northern Exposure and that's on our list of must sees.

If anyone is in the area, drop by for a visit.

Safe travels everyone.

Rick and Carol,

You must have just missed us at lunch at the Crabby Cafe Saturday. We got there with others at about 1PM. We are burning up the last of our campfire wood this evening with Joe and Nancy if you want to take a short evening drive down. They will be going over to Sutherlin tomorrow and we will be heading up to Nehalem State Park for several nights. I think we will be spending Friday and Saturday nights in Centralia, WA, before going on over to Roslyn for a couple of days...will post pics of the old NorthX scenes on the blog, so we will let you know how it goes.

Take care and safe travels,

Gordon and Juanita

We've moved down to Monroe, WA. We're staying at Thunderbird RV Resort - it's a Thousand Trails park. Nice park. TREES all around - nice big ones.

Gordon & Juanita - Midway RV Park in Centralia is a nice park and the restuarant next door (Judy's) is a great place for breakfast.

We'll be here until the 25th when we move down to the Auburn area for Memorial Day weekend.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We're in Santa Rosa Lake State Park just outside of Santa Rosa, NM. Not a bad state park, kind of primitive but we do have water and electric. We're doing housecleaning today. Lots of desert dust to remove from weeks of wind blowing. Headed to Clovis tomorrow.

Hi all,

We just arrived in Centralia, WA, and are staying at the Midway RV Park until departure Sunday morning. If anyone is in the area, come on by and say hello.

Joe and Nancy,

Thank you for the departure breakfast at Winchester Bay! icon_smile.gif What a wonderful way to start a travel day. We enjoyed spending a couple of days with you and Bodie already misses the "wide open spaces" in your coach.

Safe travels everyone,

Gordon and Juanita

Hey everyone...we just found out that Jeff's "Scrubs" episode is airing tonight on NBC beginning at 8pm Central/9pm Eastern & Pacific! They are running two episodes back to back as the season finale; and, we think Jeff's is the second episode. It's titled "My Point of No Return"; and, Jeff will be sitting in the background in the admissions area. Sorry for the short notice. Oh yes, even though we told Central Casting in Los Angeles that we would be out of town for several months; and, not available for work, Suzanne got three calls today to work, one of them was to double for Shirley Mclaine in a movie icon_eek.gif !!! How cool is that? No, we aren't turning around and going back icon_rolleyes.gif .

icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

A Grate Big Howdy from South Louisiana and the Pritchards.

Well where to begin?....We have been off the radar since we left Pahrump NV. heading home in mid March. Amazingly, We saw Rick and Carol walking across Hoover dam as we crossed it in the RV taking the short cut down to I-40. It is a small world.

Coming through Texas about 100 miles north of Dallis "All Hell Broke Loose" the metal skin on one of the bay doors on the driver's side blew off, skiming over the hood, windshield, and top of a car just behind and in the left lane. I pulled over, rushed back, and retrieved it before anyone drove over it. Thank God it didn't hit the windshield at a sharp angle or I would probably be writing this in prison. Anyway, returned home, couldn't find anyone who would repair it, so I did it myself. Did a good job on the repair, can't tell it ever happened except I didn't quite match the colors. The cause was that the edge of the door was just below the diesel fill hose. A double sided stick tape was used to fasten the skin to the door frame. Spilling diesel over the years, when filling up, caused the tape to loose it's sticking ability and BAM....off comes the door skin.

NASCAR...If you have never been to one, Go.

I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did. Maureen had a better time than me. It was a blast, especially when all the beer cans came flying during the last two laps of the race because the favorite driver wasn't winning. I have never seen anything like it.... I am a Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson fan now.... This by the way, was in Talladega, Al.

We left there and headed to the Smohey mountians, then Charlestown, SC. Savana, GA and now we are at the Orlando Winter Gardens Campgrounds in FL. We will be here for a week visiting our daughter and grandson, then back to Louisiana for the summer. Any one passing through Lafayette give us a phone call, Our computer doesn't work in the swamp.

Charlie/MIke...So sorry we missed you. We were sitting at home eating crawfish the size of small lobster when you passed through. Sorry they are out of season now....

Rick and Carol.. It was good to here from you. By the way...while we were in Death Valley I found Scotty's gold mind with my detector....Now I need Investors.

Wendell Smith...Sorry that our pathes haven't crossed. I too, am from Miss. and was looking fowards to meeting you In "Q". Maybe you can make the reunion next year.

Jeff/Susianne....That is amazing...Now you are Movie Stars. We miised seeing you on TV...Someone said that they taped the episodes. Maybe we could show them at the reunion... It would be a blast watching a show with the Stars present.

Catch you down the road.... icon_cool.gif

John and Maureen

icon_biggrin.gifHey guys...John and Maureen...So glad to hear that you guys are alive and well on planet earth...

We loved our trip through the South and to Florida...sorry we didn't connect with you guys...but Next time we will... icon_cool.gif

I think that showing the tapings of the Jeff and Suzanne "show/clips" would be a really fun thing to do at a reunion... icon_smile.gif

Goin to see "Brad Paisley","Kelly Pickler", "Talyor Swift" & others tonight at an ampatheatre in Maryaville, CA...looking forward to it...

Gettin' hot here in Central CA so hopefully the 19th of June comes quick so we can head North to the Second Annual West Coast HDT Rally at Winchester Bay, OR...We love the "PNW"!!!

Anyway all you guys out there, have a great day...

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Well guys, yesterday was our anniversary. One year ago we moved into the rig. What a great year it has been! I think over the amazing things we have seen and done and the new friends we have made and I know that this has been the best decision we ever made.

We are in the Dallas/Ft Worth area now for the next 3 weeks approximately. Getting a grandkid fix and some dr. appts for Jeff. Hopefully it won't get too hot before we start heading up north.

John and Maureen - glad to hear that you are ok after your flying RV part experience. We will definitely bring the tapes of JeffandSuzanne on TV to the next reunion. Hopefully we have some more to add to that.

Hello all, After three and a half months volunteering at Anahuac NWR, I hit the road on the tenth and headed for Dyer,IN. I arrived yesterday for a two week visit with my daughter and son-in-law. We will have a family reunion on Saturday and I will get to see the grandsons for the weekend. It was odd to be in a stick house again after nearly a year. I will enjoy the time here and then head out for Pea Island NWR for the summer. So if anyone is around Cape Hatteras this summer, stop by the visitor's center and say hi.

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

icon_biggrin.gif This is what I think...

PICKY, PICKY, PICKY

If people want to know more info re: the class members of '06...we,those of us who wish to be part of this forum...have the info that we want out on our profile page...so I really don't see the issue here...except just to start something...

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

I already posted my comments on that thread. No, we don't want to make the sign up pages public. I get enough spam without some idiot harvesting that information. Plus, a lot of people didn't get to start, why make that information public. I vote for keeping it just the way it is.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We don't want to make the sign up pages public either. I don't need any more spam.

We have crossed the border into Canada on the way to Alsaka. The border crossing was rather painless in our case. With all the stories of searches at the border I was a little worried. When they had me turn my engine off and she made a phone call I thought, here we go...They ask about firearms 3 or 4 times. I guess being from Texas has it's downfalls..lol They wanted to know if I had any firearms with me, if I owned any, where they were. These questions were repeated. She wanted to know how long we going to be Canada. I told her we were on our way to Alaska. She ask how long we were going to be in Canada again. I told her as long as it took to get across, maybe 2 to 3 weeks. I guess that was good enough because she let me pass. We took BC 12 to Lillooet, not a good idea in a 40ft coach pulling a Jeep, but we made it ok. Real pretty drive when I could take my eyes off the road, Louise enjoyed it. Everyone drive safe.

Duane and Louise

http://dandltravel.blogspot.com

Howdy everyone,

We are heading over to Polson, Montana, tomorrow for a one month visit to the Eagle Nest RV Resort. If anyone is in the area during that time, we would enjoy seeing you. icon_smile.gif

Safe travels y'all,

Gordon and Juanita

Archived