Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold in Texas?? You must have brought that cold stuff with you! lol ...Judy Bell and I have sunburns from all the sunshine this afternoon and sore necks from looking at so many birds. There were vistors from California at the visitor center at Anahuac NWR last week and the wife told me that before she died she wanted to see a painted bunting......yesterday I saw four....and Judy saw five icon_smile.gif))) These birds are passing through after crossing the gulf heading northward. I used to think red birds were, well, red birds......lol

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

We have been having a good time at the SKP park in Congress AZ. Will be moving to Williams, AZ on Monday so we can ride the train to the Grand Canyon. Should be even more fun.

Diane and Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Hello All

We are slow to update to this thread. But here goes.

Katie and I retired May 31, 2006 and hit the road full time after closing on the house in Fayetteville, GA July 8. We had an auction and sold all contents and a car, all except for a few collectables she wanted to store at the kids place. (sound familiar?)

We worked a campground near KC MO last summer, spent the winter in Harlengen, TX just bumming around, and are now back in KC. We are 1 of 2 camp hosts at Longview Lake campground off I470 in KC. It's about 10 minutes from grandkids.

We are so glad we made the plunge.

icon_smile.gifHey all...anyone seen or heard from John and Maureen???

We're gonna be in Layafette on the 19th, for a few days and would love to see them if they are home... icon_cool.gif

John and Maureen, Give is a holler... icon_biggrin.gif

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

We spent today with our friends tooling around San Francisco in a Mustang Convertible. The sun was shining, a few billowy clouds high in the sky, and we're out there having fun. Life doesn't get much better than this. icon_cool.gif

Our only problem right now is that there are SOOOOO many wineries around we can't possibly stop and taste at all of them - plus there is the fact that there is only so much wine we can carry. Just means we will have to come back again. icon_biggrin.gif

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Left North Ranch this morning and pulled into the Grand Canyon Railroad RV Park about noon in Williams, AZ. Will have to go over to town, couple blocks, and explore another section of RT 66. Might have to wait until Wed or so though as we are scheduled to ride the train up to Grand Canyon Village tomorrow. icon_smile.gif

A hearty welcome to the Lambkin's. There are more out there that started fultiming in 06 than what we have registered with the class. We keep trying to get those that we meet to join. icon_wink.gif

Diane and Dave

cat called Anne May

icon_razz.gifHey Dave & Dianne...I was just thinkin' about you guys today...We are at Maxi's SKP Park In Brussard,LA ... gonna go explorin' tomorrow...then head for Biloxi, MS(New Orleans) on Wednesday...Then on to Florida...then we will get back to the West Coast...by the first part of June...

Have fun at the Grand Canyon...

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

WOW! Words and pictures can not describe the awesome sights from Grand Canyon. This has to be experienced in person. Here are some of the 59 pictures I took yesterday.

Pic Link

Diane and Dave

cat called Anne May

Great Pics, Dave. We're looking forward to the train ride to the Canyon when we leave LA. We've been to the Canyon many times before, but you can never get over the awe inspiring view.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

We are now up in Fortuna - only so much wine tasting can one do before the liver is going to rebel. icon_biggrin.gif We have several bottles of wine and not enough room in our wine rack - hope Gordon and Juanita will help us drink some when we get to Winchester Bay next week.

Hiway 101 is a little rough in parts. Thought we would get farther today but by 2:00 pm we were beat, so decided to stop here. Will see in the morning if we feel like moving are staying put for a day.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hey Everybody, Suzanne's "Shark" episode will be broadcast next Thursday - April 26th. It comes on CBS at 10 p.m. Pacific time so check your local time schedules. Look for Suzanne in the gallery behind the attorneys. Who knows what will end up on the actual episode, but she was in the front row twice, and right behind the parents once. You may need to tape it and pause the tape in order to see her. Background acting is just that - in the background.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Jeff and Suzanne,

Thanks for the heads up...we have "Shark" set up to record on the DVR so will keep an eye out for one of the Two Hams.

It sounds like you are having a great time in SoCal and we look forward to seeing both of you on the little screen.

Safe travels,

Gordon and Juanita

Currently in Winchester Bay, OR

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Dave - GREAT pictures of the Grand Canyon. I haven't been there in 20 years and I think it looks better now than it did then!! (Maybe it's just me wanting to go visit there again!)

Jeff & Suzanne - Darn the bad luck! I'll be on the road to Whistler, BC when the show airs. Maybe "Melvis" can record it and I can watch it when he gets back up to Yuba City????????

C U all on the road.....

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Currently at Page/Lake Powell RV Park in Page, AZ. Off to St George, UT on Monday.

Hopefully we will be in a spot on Thursday where we can get a CBS station so we can join the Suzanne watchers.

Dave and Diane

cat called Anne May

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifHey guys...sittin at a gas station in Perry Florida...on the way to Sattelite Beach 9on Tuesday...we are staying at a great park on the Ecofina River...just up the road...no TV or internet connection but a great place...

Hopefully we will be in TV land for Suzanne's segment on Shark Thursday...I'll atleast be able to go over to my ddaughter's and watch it if we don't have CTV...Anyway our directy TV thingy should be at her house and if it works we will be watching TV again in the coach HURRAY!!!

Anyway my bkog is suffering from lack of internet but I will get it updated soon I hope

Any way guys...be talkin to ya again soon...

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Hi Everyone

Charlie, glad you guys are happy at that park.

Dave, the photos are terrific. We hope to stop there on the way back to the PNW.

Will definitly be watching Shark on Thursday.

We are at the Paris Mtn. State Park in Greenvill, SC. It is a beautiful park. The road up to the campsites is quite narrow. It is a little scary when someone is coming down the road, while you are going up the road.

The big surprise was cell-site, internet, and TV with an antennae. It doesn't get any better.

Will be heading north through Tennessee next week, probably through Knoxville and Nashville. If anyone has a campground suggestion, it would be appreciated.

Safe travels, everyone.

Gene & Shirley icon_cool.gificon_smile.gif

We are now in Winchester Bay parked right across from Gordon & Juanita. Gorgeous day today - beautiful park right on the water. Couldn't ask for anything more. Plus we dispatched one of those extra bottles of wines that we have - must ligthen up the coach!

Gene & Shirely - on your way through Tennessee make sure you stop at Raccoon Valley SKP Park - really a nice park and easy to access from I-75.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Howdy all,

It was our pleasure to help Barb and Dave take some of the load off their coach this evening by consuming a very fine Zinfandel! icon_smile.gif

It was good of them to bring such nice weather along with them...

Charlie and Mike,

Happy to see you made it out to FL OK. It looks like you are going to finally warm up after a long winter and early spring of cold weather everywhere. We have had several large storms here during the past month but nothing like you experienced in the BPNW late last year.

Safe travels everyone,

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Hi All,

Just sitting in Meridan,MS getting ready to head to Huntsville,AL.

Gene & Shirley, If your into State Parks, you won't find a better one than Davy Crockett State Park in Lawrenceburg,TN just off I-65.Big beautiful sites and a Catfish Buffet in the Park to die for icon_wink.gif....

Talk to you guys later....DAVE & TONI icon_cool.gif

Barb and Dave and Toni and Dave.....Thank you so much for the suggestions. Will check them out, since we are planning our route and heading for Illinois.

For anyone who is going through Greenville, SC...Paris Mtn. State Park is beautiful.

Safe travels, everyone.

Gene & Shirley

Archived