contemplating incenerating toilet for property

Cost of an aerobic system for us will be right at $10k. site dug up and the system uses an air pump at 81 watts per hour. Everyone also says added cost it have pumped out every so many years. anaerobic not allowed and would not work in our clay. We have no interest dealing with compost unit. Now emptying trash in a trash can we can deal with. All I have read on this unit it uses about what a modern fridge uses power wise. Or it can use propane and 12v for controls. Incenerating units run 2500 to 4000 dollars. Plans are to mostly on solar with electric service for backup. Huntsville is cool with using a drum for gray water. All I have read on these units are positive. Liners man cost. Just two of us so usage not high so that cost should not be bad. Any thoughts from you guys? 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

• GlennWest changed the title to contemplating incenerating toilet for property

The old standard for these things was the Incinolet.  Used em on large boats and can pretty much guarantee you won't like it.  The latest, and with rave reviews, is the Cinderella.  Bear in mind that it's going to take up to 2KW per poop, so from $.25 to .$50 every time you pull the trigger.  Maybe make it coin operated🙂

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 4:48 PM, skypoke said:

The old standard for these things was the Incinolet.  Used em on large boats and can pretty much guarantee you won't like it.  The latest, and with rave reviews, is the Cinderella.  Bear in mind that it's going to take up to 2KW per poop, so from $.25 to .$50 every time you pull the trigger.  Maybe make it coin operated🙂

I would use propane likely. EcoJohn states 5 lb propane bottle last 150 flushes. The aerobic system uses 2k in 24 hrs. Curious why you disliked it so? 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

We had installed in rural electric substations and worked well as designed but wasn't intended to accommodate  a number of service people at one time.  Placement and height of chimney worth considering. We called them ZAPPER CRAPPERS

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

I have been considering these for a long time. Problem for me is you cannot see one unless you pay upfront to have it shipped to you in a box. You then have to unpack, maybe assemble a few things, just to look at it. That's a big NO for me. 

I've contacted a place in Texas and they don't have a showroom, but if you make an appointment to visit, they will show you one. 

Another place in Tennessee was not as accommodating and hasn't answered my last email. I wasn't close enough to either to make the trip yet. 

For me I think it would be fine. For a party of Two, maybe, certainly not for three or more and I'm not sure if anyone under 22 should use one. 

I currently use the "Natures Head" and it's OK, but it's just me and I know exactly what's going into it. If someone else is using it you never "Truly Know". I know one thing for sure. I will never go back to having a "Black" tank. 

I've watched several YouTube video's on burning fruit or something from the "Litter Box", but no one has ever shown the aftermath of actual use that I can recall seeing. 

I have my Natures Head fan attached to a drain pipe I had put into my garage for a "Wash Sink" that I doubt I'll ever put in the garage. There is absolutely no odor during or after use, unless the vent hose comes undone and then it's not a "Sewer" odor. It takes the combination of urine and solid waste to make the unmistakable smell of raw sewage. 

I will keep looking for someone to have a poop burner I can see in person before making a purchase.  

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

My wife is dead against a Nature head or any compost toilet. I would be fine with it. So that end of that. Every review I read states nothing but ash left. Even a family on YouTube. They previously had a compost unit and unhappy with it.