Weights

Cheyenne1

I am not the weight police . Lol

In the process of putting new truck together.   My old truck I singled short. And had for 12 years.  My new truck. Still working on I singled it long.  And still working on it.  It’s bare no hitch or anything.  I  need to build a deck for my side by side and a few other things. 

Front axle around 11000 rear is 6500.   I know it will change.  
Wondering what everyone else is like for weight without a trailer?????

this is the first auto shift I have ever driven.  Seems to be harder to drive than a standard. 

1 hour ago, Cheyenne1 said:

I am not the weight police . Lol

In the process of putting new truck together.   My old truck I singled short. And had for 12 years.  My new truck. Still working on I singled it long.  And still working on it.  It’s bare no hitch or anything.  I  need to build a deck for my side by side and a few other things. 

Front axle around 11000 rear is 6500.   I know it will change.  
Wondering what everyone else is like for weight without a trailer?????

this is the first auto shift I have ever driven.  Seems to be harder to drive than a standard. 

Trailer takes about 500 pounds off my front axle. Singled long. Haul a Smart car. 

I am singled long. 11,000 on the front empty and no trailer. I am just over 12,000 on the front and 12,000 on the rear with the loaded trailer. truck full of fuel and 50 gallons of generator fuel. 2 kids the wife, grandma and me. 

I am seriously debating pulling the inside duals off and running singles on the back. The only thing stopping me is I don't really have a good place for a spare tire. My anxiety won't let me leave home without one. 

uGhPRW6l.jpg

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Thanks,  my truck is similar, and will be hauling a side by side on it across the deck

Trailer will unload the front axle when hooked up.  Truck is very light in the back and gets stuck easy.  I just wanted to compare what everyones unloaded weights were. Lol just seems a lots worse than my old truck.  And I have lots to install on it. 
I won’t be able to work on it for as I am headed to Pheonix next week. 
Does everyone have a locking rear diff?   This one does  my old truck didn’t. 
thanks again 

On 1/19/2024 at 8:14 AM, Soontoretire said:

On 1/22/2024 at 3:36 PM, Cotreker said:

42 minutes ago, jenandjon said:

I am singled long. 11,000 on the front empty and no trailer. I am just over 12,000 on the front and 12,000 on the rear with the loaded trailer. truck full of fuel and 50 gallons of generator fuel. 2 kids the wife, grandma and me. 

I am seriously debating pulling the inside duals off and running singles on the back. The only thing stopping me is I don't really have a good place for a spare tire. My anxiety won't let me leave home without one. 

uGhPRW6l.jpg

re: a spare wheel N tire. I assume all 6 of your wheels will interchange, right? If not, where do you carry a front spare now?

I see many class 7/8 power units with a mounted spare on the headache rack on back of the sleeper.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

9 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

re: a spare wheel N tire. I assume all 6 of your wheels will interchange, right? If not, where do you carry a front spare now?

I see many class 7/8 power units with a mounted spare on the headache rack on back of the sleeper.

If I'm in the middle or nowhere and I have a flat on the steer, I figure I will take one off the back and put it on the front. It will get me to where I'm going. That plan in my mind is enough to ease my anxiety.  Technically I have 2 spares. 

I also keep 2 trailer spares. 

16 hours ago, jenandjon said:

If I'm in the middle or nowhere and I have a flat on the steer, I figure I will take one off the back and put it on the front. It will get me to where I'm going. That plan in my mind is enough to ease my anxiety.  Technically I have 2 spares. 

I also keep 2 trailer spares. 

I was thinking of the MH's with different steer wheel sizes when I wrote that.

I once owned a 1976 Allegro MH on a Dodge 1.5T truck chassis. The owners manual said exactly what your wrote to do if a front tire went flat.. It said to run the good inner dual wheel up on a 2X4 to remove the outer dual wheel.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 2/4/2024 at 6:59 AM, jenandjon said:

I know the odds of being cited are less than slim but in some states (Texas for one) if there is a position for a tire it must have one there. It is illegal to turn a dually into a single.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

16 hours ago, Big5er said:

I know the odds of being cited are less than slim but in some states (Texas for one) if there is a position for a tire it must have one there. It is illegal to turn a dually into a single.

Good to know. Thanks. I will be spending some time down there. Eventually. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 4:44 PM, Larry Burkett said:

But what about a Dually to a Super Single, my cousin did that with his trucks and the run the whole country.

a super single is considered the same as a pair of tires....think about the surface area in contact with the road. You can not put four super singles on one axle. I thought that would be common sense. Since the original statement was "I am seriously debating pulling the inside duals off and running singles on the back" we weren't talking about super singles anyway.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo