No word can explain it

Wrknrvr

Yesterday I was working on a class a motor home.

It lost power and froze.

ok.  Ok

while i am there another customer calls. He has two Scwintec slides that will not operate.  I told him I am working on a rv that froze up.

He says he is in no hurry.   So I think about going there Monday morning.

Customer calls at 9 am. States he ran out of propane at 4 this morning.  It is 14 degrees outside.  He has no way to attach a separate bottle.

he suggested to drive 1 mile on gravel road to get the tank filled.

just how could someone not keep track of what is happening with there rv.

Should be embarrassed to let himself get that low on propane when he knew it was going to stay cold. Bet if he had a generator it was propane too. We have two 40 lb tanks and when we are in cold weather as soon as one runs out I fill it up, and keep the  30 gal diesel tank filled for the generator. You never know what might happen. 

It is amazing at the lack of "responsibility" of some RV owners.  Very few read the owner's manuals, so they have no clue how things work.  They use little common sense in approaching daily life.  I refer to it as the dumbing down of America.

When we had a motorhome, I filled the propane tank at 1/4 full and if it was winter, I shop for 1/2 full as the minimum.  With the trailer, I watch the bottles and when one is empty, it is immediately filled.  For the propane grill at home, as soon as I change bottle, the empty gets refilled.

For me the worst thing to happen is no fuel for the furnace.   I hate being cold.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

When shopping for an RV, I encourage people to sit down in "their" chair and read the owner's manual. That tells them if the chair is comfortable for more than the few minutes rest from walking and if this is a unit they think they can maintain. Few people follow that advice, though. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I wonder if this customer knows how to search for the various Schwinkek slide service and troubleshooting manuals?

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961