OT: Endoscope Camera

SuiteSuccess

Anyone ever used one of these and if so your impression?  I’ve got to locate and fish a wire in a very tight place in my bass boat and have no other way to do it.  Nobody around here rents bore scopes and I don’t want to spend a lot for occasional use.

https://www.amazon.com/Endoscope-Adjustable-Semi-Rigid-Waterproof-Inspection/dp/B0BR7MKHF9/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=E3R6GJVQQLL2&keywords=borescope+camera+for+iphone&qid=1696715739&sprefix=Boresvop%2Caps%2C161&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Bought a scope at Walmart, while on the road. $15 or 20 out the door, 3' of probe, built in display. For what I paid, it's earned it's keep. I think it was Frog brand, or something like that. Toad, maybe. The one you linked is considerably longer, so if that's important, yours is probably better, otherwise, I'm cheap. Especially for a rare use tool.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

46 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Bought a scope at Walmart, while on the road. $15 or 20 out the door, 3' of probe, built in display. For what I paid, it's earned it's keep. I think it was Frog brand, or something like that. Toad, maybe. The one you linked is considerably longer, so if that's important, yours is probably better, otherwise, I'm cheap. Especially for a rare use tool.

In automotive section?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Got a friendly local plumber? They sometimes use scopes, there are tool scopes that might be rentable at one of the parts stores, and I remember seeing something that could attach to an iPhone at one time, but it was a long time ago and not available for an android at that time. 

Good luck and let us know what and where you find something. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Used mine twice.  Once just two days ago to fish some wires through my RV.  Digital Inspection Endoscope.  Has a very long lead.  Works good enough. Comes with a 7 inch display.

Edited by NeverEasy

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

10 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Carl, are you going to be anywhere near me anytime soon? You can use mine.

Thanks, David, but I need something cheap just to have around for a couple of times per year.  This just looked pretty good and has fairly good reviews.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

1 hour ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Are you still using an Iphone? That camera doesn't work with Android or Pixel phones.

I have iPhone.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I haven't used that particular one, but I have a similar one I bought off Amazon back in 2017.  It is a wireless connection to an app on my phone rather than a hard connection so if you have a different physical connection on a different phone, it still works.  It creates a local wifi signal that you connect your phone to and then it sends the video to its app on your phone.  I have been very happy with it and use it a half dozen times a year or so.  Here is the link:  https://a.co/d/1knGm18.  I bought this case to keep it in and protect it when not in use:  https://a.co/d/9gXoXS8.  I figured I would give this one a shot because it was inexpensive with the idea of buying a better one some day.  This one has worked well enough that I never got around to buying a better one.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

12 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I haven't used that particular one, but I have a similar one I bought off Amazon back in 2017.  It is a wireless connection to an app on my phone rather than a hard connection so if you have a different physical connection on a different phone, it still works.  It creates a local wifi signal that you connect your phone to and then it sends the video to its app on your phone.  I have been very happy with it and use it a half dozen times a year or so.  Here is the link:  https://a.co/d/1knGm18.  I bought this case to keep it in and protect it when not in use:  https://a.co/d/9gXoXS8.  I figured I would give this one a shot because it was inexpensive with the idea of buying a better one some day.  This one has worked well enough that I never got around to buying a better one.

Thanks Chad.  Since these are Chinese, I’ll bet the scope itself is built by a single company with multiple name rebrands.  Anyway I ordered it and will post a review after use.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Got the scope and for the price works pretty well.  A bit hard to maneuver in tight spaces and its semi-rigid design must be molded.  For tight work really would need a controllable scope but they are going to be much more $$$.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

11 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

With your background, I would have thought you would have a proctologist or two as a buddy that you would have let you borrow one of those fancy, steerable scopes. 😁

Actually, I did a lot of scopes on both ends in my day.  I would love to own a short Olympus scope and light source but don’t have an extra $5k laying around.  Talk about the ability to get into some tight places for a look see.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3