Photos of solar panels

GlennWest

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

I removed front and rear and didn't work. Thanks.

Did you try to use the "Other Media" tab on the lower right of the post window! That is how it should be done and it works with https://i.imgur.com/Rto6wLel.jpg

Rto6wLel.jpg

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Haven't got it hooked up to the electrical yet. Batteries and solar set up. Have to shutdown electricity for that. Wait until cooler temps when we can just use furnace. 10 panels rated at 450 watts each. 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Looks good.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

9 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Got some more but no use in trying. 

Open the window to post, and at the bottom of the page you will seed the image below. Put your mouse on the Other Media(red arrow) and click there.

image.thumb.png.ee02def8796611bb82061337098465eb.png

That will open a box that contains the following and click on "insert image from URL.

image.png.984220f3b3459420a72df8259182c201.png

That will then open the window below and you simply put the url of you picture into that opening (https://i.imgur.com/Rto6wLel.jpg) and then click on the blue "insert into post"

image.thumb.png.78c4caac8538c434b2c2f5ab9ae32cc0.png

That is what both Dutch & I did in order to get your picture into our posts. Why don't you go back to the last forum, Test Posts and play with it just a little bit? That is what it is there for and it really isn't difficult with just a little bit of practice.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

8 minutes ago, oldjohnt said:

That should provide most all the energy you should ever need (unless its rainy cloudy days on end)  CONGRATULATIONS Glenn

John T

Yes we just had a week of rain and cloudy. Very sobering.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Even when it is cloudy you will get some energy.  Heavy clouds and rain maybe not much but a little more when the clouds lighten a little.  We have 3,700 watts and that is more than enough during the summer.  Fall and winter when we use the mini split to heat it falls short.  Then we need to use the propane some, especially during heavy clouds. 

Looks good and you will certainly enjoy it.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

1 hour ago, Randyretired said:

Even when it is cloudy you will get some energy.  Heavy clouds and rain maybe not much but a little more when the clouds lighten a little.  We have 3,700 watts and that is more than enough during the summer.  Fall and winter when we use the mini split to heat it falls short.  Then we need to use the propane some, especially during heavy clouds. 

Looks good and you will certainly enjoy it.

Randy do you use a generator any?  Due to work location I will be in hot areas during summer months. I will likely be in an rv park but if they charge for electricity rather not use it.

Oh I am pulling 233 volts from the panels. That is 5 450 watt. I believe I could have ran entire array serial. But with dual inverters just made since to split it up between the two. Have not hooked up the ac voltage so no watts yet. I do see a small amount to top off batteries.

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

Randy do you use a generator any?  Due to work location I will be in hot areas during summer months. I will likely be in an rv park but if they charge for electricity rather not use it.

We rarely need the generator.  Maybe 3 hours all of last summer.  Usually because of clouds.  It isn't that hot or humid where we stay.  In anycase the mini splits don't use that much for cooling but a lot more for heating.  Where we stay the daytime temps may get into the lower 90's.  One mini split easily handled that.  Where we used more power is at night for heating.  As soon as the sun set it was jacket time and the overnight lows were in the 40's.  Battery capacity was challenged but it generally held up.  When fall came the heating demand increased and the solar output also decreased.  By the first of November it took a sunny day, all day to recharge the batteries (3,700 watts).  Based on that I wouldn't think you will need the grid or generator much.  We have been getting by with a 2,000 watt inverter and the idle consumption is minimal.   How much is the idle consumption on your inverters?   That may make a little difference.  

Randy

Haven't checked. Only part that working now is the mppt on them. I actually have them off but the mppts work even off. Which is neat. These are high frequency. Soon as I get the ac hooked up can check it. That info is on youtube I will find out and post back

The HF inverters are not as high of consumption as LF so that isn't bad but still  x2 is a little more than 3,000 watts a day.  With the small inverter our charging amps during the day are higher than our largest load.  Depending on your usage that may be true for your setup most of the time.

Randy