Worlds most modified truck

Ray,IN

Wellll, it certainly displays a high level of craftsmanship, but I wouldn't trade it for ours to pull a camper.  Can you imagine pulling into a gravel campground with that thing?  Low branches, kids on bicycles, etc?

But, customs usually aren't meant to be practical.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

On 11/25/2022 at 6:00 PM, ddm502001 said:

Have to be Honest, makes my paint work look REALLY Bad.

But I Do NOT have $150K to put in just the asthetics.

He can write-off most if not all of that paint job expense for business advertising though.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

If you watch the video, he said they put $150k-$180k into the truck.  I would imagine a huge part of that is engraving and chrome, and trinkets.  They also did the paint in house, so much labor, but their own.  I'm sure the whole truck is a business expense, which just means he didn't pay income tax on the money.  He still spent it.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

We have a small farm, deduct as can those expenses to keep Tax time out of Loss Column.  I will deduct my expenses on the KW, just is FAR below this guys costs, labor cannot be deducted.  I am putting Weight Tags on the old Blue Beast, so can be a deduction on taxes where RV cannot, can still pull a RV with it just as could with a Farm Pickup.

Best can conjure up after two years I will have less than $55k in the machine including reduction from traded machines, cannot buy a decent used Ton Dually for that.

Dave

Just be careful how you expense the truck against the farm.  When we first bought our Volvo, my accountant said it was fine for the farm to buy it.  Buttttt...... that makes it commercial, as it's part of my compensation.  We bought it out of the farm corp., at a loss, and put it in our personal names.  However, it didn't hurt that we also had a Mack for the farm, and the same dealer had parts for both.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

However, it didn't hurt that we also had a Mack for the farm, and the same dealer had parts for both.

Does that mean the Mack got a new cab suspension crossmember, sourced from a remote location? Inquiring minds want to know.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

2 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Does that mean the Mack got a new cab suspension crossmember, sourced from a remote location? Inquiring minds want to know.

No, I'm just some dumb, not plumb dumb.  Actually, I bought all the new cab suspension parts from a Volvo dealer, before I knew my Mack dealer had a relationship with a Volvo dealer in Kentucky.  But, I did stock some common parts that fit both trucks, and sometimes forgot which truck they were originally intended for.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN